What next for my V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What next for my V6?

Alright guys I'm kinda in a tough spot, idk if I should get a GT bumper so I can get a Saleen Grill and a boss splitter OR I should work on some suspension mods? Possible upper/lower control arms, new S&R springs, GT struts & shocks. Hmmm like I want some track time gains from the less wheel hop and better reactions but I still want to make my performance white stang look Sweet too! Ill post pics in the morning of the current visual aspects of my car.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
if its a driver it would be preference but if you ever raced it suspension mods would help you at higher speeds
blkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i say go performance first exterior last that's what i did
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Im with Schram1 on this one.... unless you have not done the basics like tint or wheels if thats your thing, witch I am sure you have, I would go performance.

just my .02
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
Im with Schram1 on this one.... unless you have not done the basics like tint or wheels if thats your thing, witch I am sure you have, I would go performance.

just my .02
Yea I've done tint, and got wheels just haven't gotten tire for them lol. I've also got a new black grill, blackout decklid I made with plasti dip.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schram1 View Post
i say go performance first exterior last that's what i did
or you could balance it out,
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

why dont you wrap your new rims in some fresh rubber? If you dont plan on keeping your stock wheels then you should use the $ you have for now for new tires on your new wheels then have them mounted. Then you can sell your old wheels/tires and blam... you now have new wheels and tires AND you will have some cash left over to do another mod depending on what you pay for tires. Your OEM wheels are worth at least $400 in good shape, if you have decent rubber on them that could go up substantially... it might take a little more work but thats what I would do. just my .02

Slow ride,Take it easy
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
why dont you wrap your new rims in some fresh rubber? If you dont plan on keeping your stock wheels then you should use the $ you have for now for new tires on your new wheels then have them mounted. Then you can sell your old wheels/tires and blam... you now have new wheels and tires AND you will have some cash left over to do another mod depending on what you pay for tires. Your OEM wheels are worth at least $400 in good shape, if you have decent rubber on them that could go up substantially... it might take a little more work but thats what I would do. just my .02

Slow ride,Take it easy
I was actually thinking of keeping my stock wheels n rubber for the winter as I will be buying good performance tires some Nittos or falkens but that does seem like a really good idea
Old 10-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Going back to the original question of suspension vs appearance.... If your still on the wall about this you should go price out the GT front bumper, splitter and grill to see what it is really going to cost you. I want to say the boss splitter was something like $600 painted, seems like allot to pay for just looks. Now, if you take that $ and buy a decent set of coil overs you will get a more aggressive look and a great performance gain because you can tune stiffness and height on most decent coil over setup's... again, just my .02... and I love me some coil overs so Im bias for sure.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The GT front pumper is more aerodynamic than the v6, Cd is almost 10% better from v6 to v8 from what I have read. It is hard to know for sure since Ford hasn't released much, and not many average Joes have wind tunnels. The splitter will help a LOT.

I am NOT saying the aero will do more for your car performance wise than suspension, but it might be better as a daily driver. Aero mods improve how you cut through air whether you are at he track, in the city, or on the highway. I went with front end first, but I LOvE the look of the GT, and personally can't stand the look of the v6. For 10-12, I mean. They all have the mazda smiley face look. I am going to lower mine around March.

I am sure suspension mods are good, but in my opinion, an appearance mod does its job when it's on the highway, track, city, parking lot, or just sitting in my garage.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
The GT front pumper is more aerodynamic than the v6, Cd is almost 10% better from v6 to v8 from what I have read. It is hard to know for sure since Ford hasn't released much, and not many average Joes have wind tunnels. The splitter will help a LOT.

I am NOT saying the aero will do more for your car performance wise than suspension, but it might be better as a daily driver. Aero mods improve how you cut through air whether you are at he track, in the city, or on the highway. I went with front end first, but I LOvE the look of the GT, and personally can't stand the look of the v6. For 10-12, I mean. They all have the mazda smiley face look. I am going to lower mine around March.

I am sure suspension mods are good, but in my opinion, an appearance mod does its job when it's on the highway, track, city, parking lot, or just sitting in my garage.
I love the look of the 13 though. Is that more aerodynamic than the previous years? Itseems pretty sleek. I love this car. It's like having a daughter. Lol
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what you think about your own car. The GT front end does look good, and it's a nice bonus that your seeing gains from it. I am thinking about lowering mine as well I am just a little concerned about speed bumps, there everywhere in FL.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg

I love the look of the 13 though. Is that more aerodynamic than the previous years? Itseems pretty sleek. I love this car. It's like having a daughter. Lol
I'm not sure, friend. I did my research on the 12s because that is what I liked better. I prefer the 2012 v8 over any of the 13s, besides the GT500. I would think it is less aero efficient, because they did the engine scoops which reduce the drag in the engine bay, but then the Boss keeps the same front end, so I couldn't really say. It is hard to find that kind of info, but you might be able to with some complicated google searches.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang