Tinted Tail lights question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixerStanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 31
Tinted Tail lights question

hey whats up all,

im very interested in the taillight tint from american muscle but i have a few concerns. I live in NJ and i think that tinting lights is illegal (not too sure).
can anyone confirm this and also whether or not cops really care. The last thing is how dark the tint actually is. ive seen a few customer pics and the darkness is actually different in every pic just curious as to how dark they are in person.

thanks
__________________
2012 Mustang v6 Black
SixerStanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
I don't live in New Jersey nor do I know if its legal/illegal. But there is this thing called Google, it may just have your answer.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Hey only took me about 25 seconds to find your answer. It is illegal.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixerStanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 31
looked it up all the answers were iffy and plus im just asking for your guys' experiences
__________________
2012 Mustang v6 Black
SixerStanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
zinc_yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Mexico
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang
I don't live in New Jersey nor do I know if its legal/illegal. But there is this thing called Google, it may just have your answer.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Hey only took me about 25 seconds to find your answer. It is illegal.
Chill bro, he just asked for our opinions
zinc_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
it's legal in BAMA
RMFT!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc_yellow

Chill bro, he just asked for our opinions
I am chill, very chill. He asked whether or not tail light tint is illegal in NJ , how is that an opinion?
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerStanger View Post
looked it up all the answers were iffy and plus im just asking for your guys' experiences
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
I am chill, very chill. He asked whether or not tail light tint is illegal in NJ , how is that an opinion?
Yes you can find some answers on Google, he just wanted to see if any of us had any experience, that way he can ask us about it instead of trusting a sketchy google search... Most cops don't care too much though, and plus its just a fit-it ticket.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
zinc_yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Mexico
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 223
He wants experience from people who have bought the tint
zinc_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
If you have a question about a local law you can call your local magistrates office. I just got the raxiom tails and I love them.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
Tail light tint is one of those things that is "illegal" in most states, but cops are not going to waist there time pulling you over just for that. If your worried about it then keep with a method that would allow you to go back to your clear lenses (don't paint them). And if you look around online you will find some places that offer different darkness of tint for your lights, get something reasonable and you should be fine. And keep in mind that most things like tint warrant a "fix it" ticket... pull the tint off and the cop is happy
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
it's legal in BAMA
RMFT!!!
High five Nama buddy. We get away with everything down here
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

High five Nama buddy. We get away with everything down here
Yup
We don't even have to have cats
Just a muffler
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Btw to those that plasti dip your tail lights I would advise not to. If you mess up and peel it off you'll still feel a residue on it. Took forever to fully get off
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerStanger View Post
hey whats up all,

im very interested in the taillight tint from american muscle but i have a few concerns. I live in NJ and i think that tinting lights is illegal (not too sure).
can anyone confirm this and also whether or not cops really care. The last thing is how dark the tint actually is. ive seen a few customer pics and the darkness is actually different in every pic just curious as to how dark they are in person.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
If you have a question about a local law you can call your local magistrates office. I just got the raxiom tails and I love them.

SixerStanger,

Tint on lights is just as illegal as window tint. They really don't bother you unless your doing something wrong and they want to try and tack on more tickets!

If your local neighborhood police are very strict about tint then you may get pulled over for it. We're in PA and I've had tinted tail lights for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. The awesome look the tinted lights gives you is worth the risk in my opinion!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

SixerStanger,

Tint on lights is just as illegal as window tint. They really don't bother you unless your doing something wrong and they want to try and tack on more tickets!

If your local neighborhood police are very strict about tint then you may get pulled over for it. We're in PA and I've had tinted tail lights for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. The awesome look the tinted lights gives you is worth the risk in my opinion!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
+1 and GM used to put it on a lot of their Vehicles most notably, The Pontiac Grand Prix
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixerStanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 31
alright thanks for the insight guys! ill most likely be picking up a set from AM in the next few weeks
__________________
2012 Mustang v6 Black
SixerStanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerStanger
alright thanks for the insight guys! ill most likely be picking up a set from AM in the next few weeks
Don't forget to post pics
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.