Airaid cai. awesome. buy it now!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Airaid cai. awesome. buy it now!!

this is by far the best purchase i have made for my mustang. it sounds sick. you can hear the air getting pulled in with tons of force. it made my borla atak axle back exhaust a lot more deep and louder. makes the motor much more v8 sounding. as far as the hp and torque gains. i believe the 13hp and 15 torque that it adds. you can really feel the torque gain for sure it really wants to take off much faster and feels like it is pulling much harder. I'm not sure if i got extra power than most for having the borla but i love it. easy to install and worth every dollar.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0995.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	73566  
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Congrats on the intake. I've got the Airaid too and absolutely love the sound. Any kind of MPG gain I got from it is cancelled out because I can't seem to keep my foot off the gas now haha. My next mod is gonna be the Borla ATAKs, so I'm glad to hear the Airaid goes along great with them.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Congrats on the intake. I've got the Airaid too and absolutely love the sound. Any kind of MPG gain I got from it is cancelled out because I can't seem to keep my foot off the gas now haha. My next mod is gonna be the Borla ATAKs, so I'm glad to hear the Airaid goes along great with them.
With Borla Atak you are probably going to lose 3-5mpg... Cause you will love the sound and your foot will be like a magnet to the floor lol.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L
Defenitly. Borla ataks will turn heads really fast. By far the best. Not even another close. I would honesty challenge the sound of the v8 at a red light. It sounds great
Old 10-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You should post a sound clip.
I'd like to hear the Atak with that new CAI.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
You should post a sound clip.
I'd like to hear the Atak with that new CAI.
here is the youtube link, copy and paste if i did it wrong and the video's format is a little weird because i messed it up with my phone but the sound it good. i didnt go but to like 3k rpms i think.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton
this is by far the best purchase i have made for my mustang. it sounds sick. you can hear the air getting pulled in with tons of force. it made my borla atak axle back exhaust a lot more deep and louder. makes the motor much more v8 sounding. as far as the hp and torque gains. i believe the 13hp and 15 torque that it adds. you can really feel the torque gain for sure it really wants to take off much faster and feels like it is pulling much harder. I'm not sure if i got extra power than most for having the borla but i love it. easy to install and worth every dollar.

Get some BBK long Tube headers and xpipe! I did and my car sounds AMAZING!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
well, If anyone was on the fence about buying the Borla Atac there not now...

Layton, did you get the CAI and tuner combo or just the CAI?
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
This setup is coming in the spring I was just torn between air raid and steeda CAI
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
well, If anyone was on the fence about buying the Borla Atac there not now...

Layton, did you get the CAI and tuner combo or just the CAI?
Just the cai. Im going to change my gear ratio and driveshaft before I get a tune.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano
This setup is coming in the spring I was just torn between air raid and steeda CAI
I would get the airaid because the steeda requires a tune and prolly much more complicated to install. The airaid was extremely easy to install and the sound in the video doesn't compare how cool the exhaust and intake sound in person
Old 10-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I love it when you turn off the engine in a garage and you hear it releasing the air
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #12

So is the roush cai pretty much the same as air raid with a different name? Thats what i ordered.
polasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

Just the cai. Im going to change my gear ratio and driveshaft before I get a tune.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I would get the airaid because the steeda requires a tune and prolly much more complicated to install. The airaid was extremely easy to install and the sound in the video doesn't compare how cool the exhaust and intake sound in person
Very cool thanks for the insight
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by polasky
So is the roush cai pretty much the same as air raid with a different name? Thats what i ordered.
They pretty much all do the same. Just different look
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah they are very similar same design almost. the roush is just a little more expensive
Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Yes the roush intake is an airaid, just roush badged.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai