Console removal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

Region: Colorado
Console removal

I just now joined the forum, and I need help. We think the wife's DL slid under
the cup holder. Do I need to remove the console to get in there? If so how do I remove it.
Truckco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckco
I just now joined the forum, and I need help. We think the wife's DL slid under
the cup holder. Do I need to remove the console to get in there? If so how do I remove it.
like how when you open the cup holder area, it fell inbetween? it's easy, open it about half way, and you can stick your fingers into it!
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
pretty easy. Just open the rear console door. Open the cup holder door. Grab firm. Pull up. Top clips in will putt off. IF you have a manual it will be necessary to take the shift knob off. Talking about entire grey console top not just the door for the cup holder. First, Take the shift knob off if manual. You twist to the left many times and it unscrews. Then, Pull up as I said on the back of the console (opening the rear console door and the cup holder and get firm grip and pull up). Under the console you will have wiring that is attached for the trunk switch. Clip is a push in on the back side (if looking at it from the drivers side) and also another if you have ambient lighting etc. The push in on the backs and down on the harness and it pops right out. If you have another set of hands holding the console top while you unhook the wires it will be helpful but not necessary. Just be careful not to scratch it all up and take take your time. It takes about 5 minutes. When reinstalling slide the cover over the top. If manual slide the boot opening over the top. Hook up the wiring. Press the front of the consol in to the slots and then push down firmly and it all pops back in. Put shifter knob on. Make sure you have the parking brake on too if you are a manual.

Here is a video of the explanation. It is to replace the shifter but the first 2 minutes will illustrate what I have written. Good luck finding the DL.

pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang