exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
exhaust

Hi guys I just boughta 13 mustang club of America edition. I wanna install a exhaust which is not too loud but not too silent. I am checking out the Americanmuscle.com but I cant decide which one I should buy. One more thing do u have any idea how much does it cost to get it installed? Thanks
Ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
An exhaust is really personal preference, everyone has different taste. Do some searching on YouTube, there are tons of videos. If I had to recommend one, I would recommend the Ford Sport mufflers. They seem to sound the deepest of all I have heard.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Forgot to mention the install. I wouldn't pay a shop to do it considering how easy the install is. It would probably take you an hour or two at max. But if you had a shop do it I wouldn't expect to pay anymore then $150. I'm not too sure though as I have always done the work myself.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman
Hi guys I just boughta 13 mustang club of America edition. I wanna install a exhaust which is not too loud but not too silent. I am checking out the Americanmuscle.com but I cant decide which one I should buy. One more thing do u have any idea how much does it cost to get it installed? Thanks
I would go with some weld in Magnaflow MagnaPacks
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post
you should check out all the borla axle backs, the s type, the touring and the atak. i have the ataks they are loud but not just crazy loud. crusing around you can barely hear them but when you get on the gas its loud. borla makes the best for sure though and the install on axle backs should be 30-60 depending on the shop. only takes like 30 minutes
Old 10-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Install yourself. Not too bad. Borrow some ramps.

Just saw on stage3performance that they have the Roush AB with Black Tips. Bad a$$!

If you go with Borla, atak or s type. See if anyone around you has either... Ataks are pretty loud from what I have heard from other members.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #6

Region: Arizona
Thank u so much fellas ..appreciate
Ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman
Thank u so much fellas ..appreciate
By the way, stage3motorsports is in the Phoenix area... Not sure where in AZ you live... But if close enough, check em out.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post
Ottoman,

Welcome to MustangEvolution and Congratulations on the 13' MCA! Post up some pictures we'd love to check it out. Also thanks for checking out our site, we really appreciate it!

This is a very opinionated question. Everyone likes a different sound or tone etc.. If you're looking for a nice rumble nothing crazy loud, any Axle Back set up will be perfect! Even the muffler deletes aren't unbearable loud since the rest of your exhaust is still stock. Check out our sound clips and some You Tube videos, I'm sure you'll find one you like!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
A lot of good threads on exhaust if you poke around here. Everybody is going to have their opinion like in everything. I have Rousch, some people hate Rousch some people love it. Here's a good link to pretty much all the different AB for the 3.7, it's a good tool for somebody in the market for a better sounding pony. Good luck with your decision!

3.7L V6 Mustang Exhaust Clip Compilation | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust