Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Anyone else notice this?

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Sanguin 
#1 ·
So if you roll up your windows turn your music off put the air conditioning on full blast pull the window button up even though they're up pull it up and the air conditioning seems to change you can hear it maybe it's just something with my car but I feel like it was made on purpose. Anyone else notice it?

#4 ·
The system seems like its reducing fan speed a little when you put up the windows, right? If you have your climate system set to bring in outside air, then you are changing the pressure inside your cabin area. If you have your climate system set to recirculate air, you won't notice as much of a change.

#7 ·
Krazy Horse said:
It's the current pull from your window motors trying to work and slowing down your fan a little, almost every car does something crazy when u are close to overloading your alternator from current demands. My sons VW does the same thing
Oh ok I always thought it was the computer trying to save energy or something haha

#9 ·
If you have halogen headlights, you can do the same thing at night and make them dim. Just grab the the window buttons and pull them up. It actually draws more amps when you're pushing them in a direction that can't go versus openly rolling them up and down.

I get bored a lot and tinker with things. I'm sure my electrical devices hate me, car or otherwise.

#15 ·
pwrby4d said:
lol me too.
Seriously! I grew up in cars that didn't have a working ac and even now I prefer the outside breeze over the ac. Hell, I really only use it when I'm on the Hwy or its raining. But my kids... Geez they're so spoiled! They act like they're melting as soon as they get in the car, they're cranking the ac full blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.