Get to install all of this on monday! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dub9stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Region: Illinois
Posts: 278
Get to install all of this on monday!

Well it might take longer than one day... But that's the ETA for my new 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3793415656.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	75161
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
shouldn't take more than 1 hour, 2 hours max
but, most important thing is have fun!
and make sure you do it right!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Flashjmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
shouldn't take more than 1 hour, 2 hours max
but, most important thing is have fun!
and make sure you do it right!
nice. i wish i could install my CAI, but we got another storm up in Jersey...againnnnnn! grr
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang32Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang
Well it might take longer than one day... But that's the ETA for my new 2013
Good luck with the install!!!
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Nice!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Airaid I have it abd man it was annoying to put on because of the rubber piece that connects the tb to the cai fits tight
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dub9stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Region: Illinois
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1
Airaid I have it abd man it was annoying to put on because of the rubber piece that connects the tb to the cai fits tight
Yea I had that problem on my 99. Half a drop of oil goes a long way!
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

Yea I had that problem on my 99. Half a drop of oil goes a long way!
Lol never thought of that when I installed mine. I put a flat head from the bottom and rolled it up making the seal.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post
nice. i wish i could install my CAI, but we got another storm up in Jersey...againnnnnn! grr
Can't get a break... Glad I moved last year from NJ. Be safe.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang View Post
Well it might take longer than one day... But that's the ETA for my new 2013

Attachment 75161
lol. you may officially have the earliest modded car. lol. let us know what the milage is when you get all that stuff on.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Lol never thought of that when I installed mine. I put a flat head from the bottom and rolled it up making the seal.
I did the same thing lol it completely killed any energy of me taking it off and putting the oem intake when It goes to the dealership I am never gonna do that again unless I have to
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
You lucky dog you! Have fun with the installs!
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

I did the same thing lol it completely killed any energy of me taking it off and putting the oem intake when It goes to the dealership I am never gonna do that again unless I have to
Why would u take it off? Lol I take my car with all my mods they don't tell me anything and I ask to make sure my warranty is intact
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1
Airaid I have it abd man it was annoying to put on because of the rubber piece that connects the tb to the cai fits tight
You think that's annoying!
I had to line rubber for the entire housing for my steeda intake....
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Why would u take it off? Lol I take my car with all my mods they don't tell me anything and I ask to make sure my warranty is intact
They told me that anything and everything would void my warranty... :'( my dealerships suck
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Flashjmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Can't get a break... Glad I moved last year from NJ. Be safe.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------



lol. you may officially have the earliest modded car. lol. let us know what the milage is when you get all that stuff on.
where did you move to pwrby? Az? how do you like it?
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
my warranty has been decimated lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
my warranty has been decimated lol
+1^. Mine too. Within the first 1000 miles.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

They told me that anything and everything would void my warranty... :'( my dealerships suck
That is not right. You need to go to a different dealership.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang

That is not right. You need to go to a different dealership.
Ived gone to all 3 near my area I had problems replacing ny hydro bushing with all three except for the last one. But they all basically said the same I also asked for an estimate price for my gears and if it would still stay with a warranty the gears were beibg sold to ne for 400... and said it wouldn't be warrantied.
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

They told me that anything and everything would void my warranty... :'( my dealerships suck
They are idiots hahaha they can try and void my warranty but I show them the magnuson warranty act and they just service my car no questions asked.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

They are idiots hahaha they can try and void my warranty but I show them the magnuson warranty act and they just service my car no questions asked.
What is that I dont have many experience with warranty due to this being my first car
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

What is that I dont have many experience with warranty due to this being my first car
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnu...s_Warranty_Act
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang
Thank you is this sort of like the lemon law?
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The warranty is void concerning whatever mod you install. Installing a tune will void your entire drivetrain warranty
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

Thank you is this sort of like the lemon law?
They have to prove to you and a court of law that any of the mods caused ur car to **** up. They have to specifically price to whatever problem you have on ur car that ur mods caused the issue. They tried voiding my warranty with my headers, CAI, and throttle body, and throttle body spacer and I had to argue with them, then contacted a lawyer that specifies in this area, he contacted my local ford dealer and they now don't ask any question and just service my vehicle lol

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
The warranty is void concerning whatever mod you install. Installing a tune will void your entire drivetrain warranty
When I get my car serviced I do set it back to stock and they can tell the ECU was tampered with but I say I went to autozone to clear my codes and that's why it's showing it was tampered with.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

They have to prove to you and a court of law that any of the mods caused ur car to **** up. They have to specifically price to whatever problem you have on ur car that ur mods caused the issue. They tried voiding my warranty with my headers, CAI, and throttle body, and throttle body spacer and I had to argue with them, then contacted a lawyer that specifies in this area, he contacted my local ford dealer and they now don't ask any question and just service my vehicle lol

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------



When I get my car serviced I do set it back to stock and they can tell the ECU was tampered with but I say I went to autozone to clear my codes and that's why it's showing it was tampered with.
1+++ All i can say is BOSS lol so you have a tune and they still do warranty work and such? Main reason why I havent tuned is due to me worrying about the mt82 going out the window and a small woodpecker like noise on the far right cylinder when its cold
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

1+++ All i can say is BOSS lol so you have a tune and they still do warranty work and such? Main reason why I havent tuned is due to me worrying about the mt82 going out the window and a small woodpecker like noise on the far right cylinder when its cold
Na I usually put the car to stock so they don't complain about the ECU but I go in with my other mods and they don't tell me crap anymore. I have the meanest sounding V6 there when I get my white pony serviced. I once did take it tuned but I took it so they can change my tire size ratio cuz I got 18's from the 17 stock and got them to change the tune with my SCT tuner lol. The guy was like idk what u told my boss but he just said to help you with anything u need lol!!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Na I usually put the car to stock so they don't complain about the ECU but I go in with my other mods and they don't tell me crap anymore. I have the meanest sounding V6 there when I get my white pony serviced. I once did take it tuned but I took it so they can change my tire size ratio cuz I got 18's from the 17 stock and got them to change the tune with my SCT tuner lol. The guy was like idk what u told my boss but he just said to help you with anything u need lol!!!
Lol I need to learn from you only thing stopping my car from tunes is the warranty
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

Lol I need to learn from you only thing stopping my car from tunes is the warranty
Just find a good lawyer that deals with warranty and companies like ford and have him talk to ford about the magnuson act when you go take ur car to be serviced but just to be nice just return ur car to stock when u go to ford and then retune when u leave lol I literally have retuned my car while I was signing paperwork at ford lol the technician just looked at me like is this guy serious?? Lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Post pics!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dub9stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Region: Illinois
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
post pics!!!!


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2681116568.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	515.8 KB
ID:	75807



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-590843154.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	75808



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-125360567.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	75809



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1644987462.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	75810
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #32
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
They have to prove to you and a court of law that any of the mods caused ur car to **** up. They have to specifically price to whatever problem you have on ur car that ur mods caused the issue. They tried voiding my warranty with my headers, CAI, and throttle body, and throttle body spacer and I had to argue with them, then contacted a lawyer that specifies in this area, he contacted my local ford dealer and they now don't ask any question and just service my vehicle lol

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------



When I get my car serviced I do set it back to stock and they can tell the ECU was tampered with but I say I went to autozone to clear my codes and that's why it's showing it was tampered with.
The new PCM's that are used in our Mustangs can tell the tech if a tune has been installed then removed. It used to be that we could remove the tune prior to warranty service work, and they would not know. Not any more. However, it's up to the service department if they want to void a "complete" warranty. What this means is if you took your Mustang in for transmission warranty work, and they see you have a CAI, I doubt they would void your warranty. If you had a tune that firmed the shift points in your automatic transmission, that may be a tough one to win.

It's up to you. I chose to wait out the full warranty before I went with major modifications. Some say their dealership works with them, others say their dealership would not honor the warranty if certain mods were performed.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang View Post

Nice! FYI. The side rear glass window louvers are upside down and on the wrong side of the car. It should look like this:




I have seen them put on upside down and on the wrong sides now quite a few times. You would think that they would be marked or something. oh well.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dub9stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Region: Illinois
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d

Nice! FYI. The side rear glass window louvers are upside down and on the wrong side of the car. It should look like this:

I have seen them put on upside down and on the wrong sides now quite a few times. You would think that they would be marked or something. oh well.
Lol I know I figured that out after I put them on. The part numbers on the back threw me off. One said -L and one said -R. Guess it didn't mean the side
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Do not use oil

Dub9stang said:
Quote:
Yea I had that problem on my 99. Half a drop of oil goes a long way!
Using oil will not only have a slight chance of contaminating the air sensor but may soften the rubber coupler. You really don't want to use oil.

What to use then::: Dish Washing Soap It works perfect to slide the coupler on and actually goes away without harming anything.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Paxton Install Experience Jukens 2011-2014 Mustang GT 30 09-01-2012 05:35 PM
Barton shifter and bracket install - SUCCESS! mmike87 2011-2014 Mustang GT 12 07-26-2012 12:44 PM
Cyber Monday Forums Discount! AMDanBailer AmericanMuscle 21 12-14-2011 04:04 PM
Stripe Install Jeffola 2011-2014 Mustang GT 14 10-24-2011 05:48 AM
New gear install prices XXSTEVEO66 1979-1995 Mustang GT 10 09-02-2011 12:59 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.