boost for 2013 v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
boost for 2013 v6

Anyone know if there's a set up yet for the 2013 v6?? Turbo or supercharger
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13
Anyone know if there's a set up yet for the 2013 v6?? Turbo or supercharger
Yea hellion makes a turbo and pro charger makes super chargers bro both about the same price
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Yea hellion makes a turbo and pro charger makes super chargers bro both about the same price
I saw the hellion but don't know much about them yo trust them. And pro charger makes it for the 2012 i don't think they have a tune yet for the 2013 . Unless you've heard otherwise
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I wouldn't use a hellion turbo kit if it was bought and installed for me
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I wouldn't use a hellion turbo kit if it was bought and installed for me
Lol that bad?? I've nvr even heard of them..
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I wouldn't use a hellion turbo kit if it was bought and installed for me
I've heard they're bad, but i've never heard why.
are they not safe or something?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I wouldn't use a hellion turbo kit if it was bought and installed for me
My friend is using a hellion twin turbo for his bored out 5.3 litter GT that's now pushing 758HP so it's good
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

I saw the hellion but don't know much about them yo trust them. And pro charger makes it for the 2012 i don't think they have a tune yet for the 2013 . Unless you've heard otherwise
Call up hellion they can make the tune quick since the engine is the same!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

My friend is using a hellion twin turbo for his bored out 5.3 litter GT that's now pushing 758HP so it's good
I've personally seen their vehicles at the drag strip with time slips that do not support the hp claim. For me it doesn't matter that they make 7xx hp if they run 5xx hp times. Maybe for you hp is good enough but I want the time slip to back it up
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I've also heard of lots of issues with fitment as well as poor customer service, however I have never personally dealt with them
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I've personally seen their vehicles at the drag strip with time slips that do not support the hp claim. For me it doesn't matter that they make 7xx hp if they run 5xx hp times. Maybe for you hp is good enough but I want the time slip to back it up
I agree.. I want trap speeds to back it up

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Call up hellion they can make the tune quick since the engine is the same!
I gotta do some research on them cus I've nvr heard anything about them.
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
If your going to boost your car do what a my friend did... He twin turbo'd his 2003 Cobra bought two turbonetic's and his local tune shop did all the custom fit piping to make it work. He is throwing down 800+ to the tires... If you are looking to boost more than 6-8 pounds you better stiffen up the internals!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6
If your going to boost your car do what a my friend did... He twin turbo'd his 2003 Cobra bought two turbonetic's and his local tune shop did all the custom fit piping to make it work. He is throwing down 800+ to the tires... If you are looking to boost more than 6-8 pounds you better stiffen up the internals!!!
Am just trying to boost about 400-500 at the most. And as for your friends cobra it was so much easier to map and tune those than mine or yours. I own an evo back in Miami and i built my brothers civic turbo so its just a matter of an actual set up made specific for my car w/o having to custom weld or fit **** around.
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
How much power can the cyclone v6 handle stock?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
How much power can the cyclone v6 handle stock?
About 500 hp
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Wow that's pretty good, are you talking 500 at the motor or wheels
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Wow that's pretty good, are you talking 500 at the motor or wheels
I think the wheels,
Can I get someone to second me on that?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Either way that's pretty good
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I know the 6 has the same trans as the 5.0 so you would be ok there I guess but I can't help but think your going to blow that plastic intake manifold at some point. I don't have any real info to back that up, just experience with lots of turbo 4 bangers. If the 6 will take 500hp stock then I would be a happy man but I would want to see that verified before I did anything crazy to mine.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

I think the wheels,
Can I get someone to second me on that?
I second that but i believe its safer at the crank.. 570 to the crank is pushing it

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
I know the 6 has the same trans as the 5.0 so you would be ok there I guess but I can't help but think your going to blow that plastic intake manifold at some point. I don't have any real info to back that up, just experience with lots of turbo 4 bangers. If the 6 will take 500hp stock then I would be a happy man but I would want to see that verified before I did anything crazy to mine.
Same here.my experience comes from turbo 4 bangers . And as for info the 2012 I've seen are pushing around 470.. But soon as there is a system i trust you will see me push 500
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
550 at the crank is pretty safe. If you are a manual you will need to do the clutch asap with boost. The HP will just kill it. Even with 400 at the crank it would kill it. Driveshaft too is a must. Hellion kits are not horrible. Personally I am hoping to see a twin screw come out..
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I think you would be able to hit your 400-500HP easily with the supercharger setup. I put a link below for a guy with a stock 2011 with a procharger. Only 5psi, thats safe and there is a big gap for improvement there. If you add suporting mods, and you know you will. your looking at one heck of a daily driver




rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
I think you would be able to hit your 400-500HP easily with the supercharger setup. I put a link below for a guy with a stock 2011 with a procharger. Only 5psi, thats safe and there is a big gap for improvement there. If you add suporting mods, and you know you will. your looking at one heck of a daily driver

Thanks. And yea i probably will. Lol
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Just with the procharger on 5psi and a dyno tune you will hit 475 or close to that to the rear wheels.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
Stock internals should be able to handle 8psi and 500 hp. Upgrade your internals SMS I have heard that 650 is possible with more boost
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Once there's a safe tune and i trust the system then i will put the order in
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

Am just trying to boost about 400-500 at the most. And as for your friends cobra it was so much easier to map and tune those than mine or yours. I own an evo back in Miami and i built my brothers civic turbo so its just a matter of an actual set up made specific for my car w/o having to custom weld or fit **** around.
If you want about 475hp then go with the pro-charger kit it is designed for a completely stock V6 rated to 475hp. Start adding CAI full exhaust you can see 525+ crank horse power that is. Thats what i'm going to do if i do not buy a 5.0 next year.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6

If you want about 475hp then go with the pro-charger kit it is designed for a completely stock V6 rated to 475hp. Start adding CAI full exhaust you can see 525+ crank horse power that is. Thats what i'm going to do if i do not buy a 5.0 next year.
That's my plan given that they make a tune for the 2013
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post
That's my plan given that they make a tune for the 2013
your best bet would be to have the pro charger guys install and tune for you. It's not the cheapest rout but it is the safest and then pro charger will have your file in house to make modifications for you in the future.... just my .02


And i am totaly on the supercharger bandwagon... I test drove the 5.0 and it was fast and nice but not worth the dough to me
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
+1. I would find a local reputable dyno shop. Have the car tuned. This way it will be specific to your car, monitored and made safe as well as get you the best performance out of it. A canned tune for a supercharger in theory sounds great but if you talk to procharger even they will recommend you get the car on a dyno asap after install. The tune that comes with it is made to get it running fairly smooth. I personally would never run my car hard with a canned tune for boost. If it is lean your going to pop the motor very quick.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
+1. I would find a local reputable dyno shop. Have the car tuned. This way it will be specific to your car, monitored and made safe as well as get you the best performance out of it. A canned tune for a supercharger in theory sounds great but if you talk to procharger even they will recommend you get the car on a dyno asap after install. The tune that comes with it is made to get it running fairly smooth. I personally would never run my car hard with a canned tune for boost. If it is lean your going to pop the motor very quick.
plus a billion
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx

your best bet would be to have the pro charger guys install and tune for you. It's not the cheapest rout but it is the safest and then pro charger will have your file in house to make modifications for you in the future.... just my .02

And i am totaly on the supercharger bandwagon... I test drove the 5.0 and it was fast and nice but not worth the dough to me
Yea that would be a plan if i lived in the states. Am in Canada and a bit out the way of any real shop . Am from Miami so i know what a real pro shop looks like lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
+1. I would find a local reputable dyno shop. Have the car tuned. This way it will be specific to your car, monitored and made safe as well as get you the best performance out of it. A canned tune for a supercharger in theory sounds great but if you talk to procharger even they will recommend you get the car on a dyno asap after install. The tune that comes with it is made to get it running fairly smooth. I personally would never run my car hard with a canned tune for boost. If it is lean your going to pop the motor very quick.
+1 i agree
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #33
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I would never use a canned sc tune as anything more than a startup tune to crawl my butt to the local dyno tuner, I would short shift at 1800 rpms in every gear lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100
Stock internals should be able to handle 8psi and 500 hp. Upgrade your internals SMS I have heard that 650 is possible with more boost
There's a dude that hit 600 in his 06 v6 w/ forged internals.
I'm willing o bet we can push more
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #35
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

There's a dude that hit 600 in his 06 v6 w/ forged internals.
I'm willing o bet we can push more
Idk, those cologne motors were friggin 40 yr old bricks but could stand tons of abuse, I don't think the duratec motor could hold that much power. Like everyone else is sayin, 570, I was surprised to hear it was that high
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.