A good synthetic manual transmission fluid - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I am taking my car to ford for the tsb tomorrow. After they do the work ill post what fluid they put in
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
I am taking my car to ford for the tsb tomorrow. After they do the work ill post what fluid they put in
It will be FoMoCo full synthetic if they follow the TSB; to be reimbursed, they will.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Hey Bucko, you're pretty smart, if I put royal purple synthetic transmission oil in, will that void a warranty? Even though its above factory recommendation?
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have been experiencing grinding of my gears even when the clutch pedal is fully pressed... in all gears even reverse not to mention a weird feeling that some times as I try to move into a gear it feels like something id in the way like if the synchronizes are not working right. Would this tsb fix it? Not to mention at times it becomes difficult to shift into gear when accelerating to lets say as I am going to enter the expressway. All this happens when the vehicle is cold and even when it is fully warmed up and I live in south texas...
Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so i took my car to ford this am to have the tsb done and they did drain the trans and filled it with the dual clutch fluid. I will say so far it goes into gear easier.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
I have had the stock fluid (not the dual clutch tsb) till it got to be winter and was having problems, then I got the dual clutch fluid from the tsb and didn't notice a huge differenc
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Ill let you know how it goes first thing in the am. It supposed to get down to under 30 tonight here in Phoenix AZ
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Well i got one of the mediocre transmissions that were halfway fixed between the outright failures of 2011, and the redesigned ones of late 2012, so mine is almost always notchy going into gear, especially in the cold.I have had the stock fluid (not the dual clutch tsb) till it got to be winter and was having problems, then I got the dual clutch fluid from the tsb and didn't notice a huge difference. A little while later I tried royal purple synchrmax and that was the worst of the fluids I have tried, right now I have bg sychroshift II and it feels similar to the tsb dual clutch fluid but not as good when it gets really cold but better when all the way warmed up.
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

There's a few thing I'm not happy with ford about one its the transmission then there's the vibration on decel. Other than that I love my mustang
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
There's a few thing I'm not happy with ford about one its the transmission then there's the vibration on decel. Other than that I love my mustang
So are they replacing the fluid on all 2012 due to recall? I'm confused lol
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I complained about it being hard to shift 1 to 2 when cold and that what this tsb is for
Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
I have been experiencing grinding of my gears even when the clutch pedal is fully pressed... in all gears even reverse not to mention a weird feeling that some times as I try to move into a gear it feels like something id in the way like if the synchronizes are not working right. Would this tsb fix it? Not to mention at times it becomes difficult to shift into gear when accelerating to lets say as I am going to enter the expressway. All this happens when the vehicle is cold and even when it is fully warmed up and I live in south texas...
Take it to Ford bro. That's not normal. Sounds like your transmission isn't seated/installed correctly
Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post

Take it to Ford bro. That's not normal. Sounds like your transmission isn't seated/installed correctly
I did last time when I went for the tsb of my hydrobushing they said... and I quote "the grinding id normal plus it has warranty for three years" I got annoyed and didnt wanna deal with the dealership...
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Take it to a different dealer and contact the triple B. If they won't fix your problem, **** them over. Grinding is not normal, and I'm sure you already know that. Tell them that you're going to triple B about their ****ty customer service. I guarantee that they could fix your trans and Ford would pay...
Old 01-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Take it to a different dealer and contact the triple B. If they won't fix your problem, **** them over. Grinding is not normal, and I'm sure you already know that. Tell them that you're going to triple B about their ****ty customer service. I guarantee that they could fix your trans and Ford would pay...
Big 10-04 lol also what's triple B someone told me if they keep bsing for me to bring in the lemon laws and warrenty laws into play
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Dude, it's the better business bureau. Print out a complaint form explaining what they did. If you wanna get tough, have a lawyer write it. Might cost you a hundred bucks, but if a lawyer signs it, and it's addressed to the triple B, they will play ball. I don't see why they wanna be dicks when Ford will pay...

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Triple B shuts business's down... Owners are terrified of them.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude, it's the better business bureau. Print out a complaint form explaining what they did. If you wanna get tough, have a lawyer write it. Might cost you a hundred bucks, but if a lawyer signs it, and it's addressed to the triple B, they will play ball. I don't see why they wanna be dicks when Ford will pay...

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Triple B shuts business's down... Owners are terrified of them.
Ohh I didnt know, aint the first time I had problems also with my hydro they kept saying it was normal even though I confront them on what it was pointed it out I run circles on probably all of the technicians in the foed dealership...
Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

They say that out of laziness. File a complaint, print it but don't submit it. Go to the dealership and show them your intentions... Or, best bet, submit a complaint and go elsewhere and let the know in casual conversation that you went with the triple B at another and they will follow their p's and q's...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They say that out of laziness. File a complaint, print it but don't submit it. Go to the dealership and show them your intentions... Or, best bet, submit a complaint and go elsewhere and let the know in casual conversation that you went with the triple B at another and they will follow their p's and q's...
Pretty good thank you, you have gr at knowledge of how to deal with dealership and their warranties... and I am the one going for my bachelor's in cj lol. Ill note all that you have told me and set up an appointment with a dealership
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck man. I hope everything works out for the best. Any issues, I'll stay subscribed. By the way, I'm in college in Europe with International criminal law. I'll help where I can man. Peace.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
I took mine in with same issue yesterday and today they told me they replaced the fluid but that it did not fix it . And they where going to possibly have to replace the shifter ?..
I got a rental and told them ok.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good luck man. I hope everything works out for the best. Any issues, I'll stay subscribed. By the way, I'm in college in Europe with International criminal law. I'll help where I can man. Peace.
Hey man I took to the dealership nearest to my parents they took it in checked it they didnt find anything so ask if I could drive the car with them in it then ba grind on second notichness from hell so next week taking it back when they have room they gonna take out the transmission and see what's wrong
Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

To all the oil is not the problem it will just quiet the problem until it comes up later on it has to do with the assembly of the transmission no oil will help fix it here what happen to mine hope this helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130205_011807.png
Views:	141
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	89277
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #59
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
My transmission is getting a little notchy from first to second sometimes and I've read alot of people put synthetic in and it smoothes it right out! Any recamendations,or do I have to stay with motorcraft for warrenty purposes? Also I've heard some people say Ford issued a tsb and will replace it under warrenty? Any truth to that? Thx in advance.
For the record, the factory also switched to full synthetic since the TSB was issued.
Yes, TSB's are "silent" recalls, and no cost to you. If you have a symtom that is covered under a TSB, then the dealership does it free.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
For the record, the factory also switched to full synthetic since the TSB was issued.
Yes, TSB's are "silent" recalls, and no cost to you. If you have a symtom that is covered under a TSB, then the dealership does it free.
You just have to go and tell them

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang