What happens? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU
I really wish the Ford folks would have let us 2013+ take the keys out in Park with the Engine running. With the Alarm FOB molded as part of the key, rather and separate like my Truck; I can't start the Car, pull the FOB off the key and go back inside on a cool morning while the car warms up for 3 mins. Other new cars do not even need a Key to start, just press the button so its a non-issue.

So I have to carry both sets of keys for a month till it gets so cold I put the car away till spring. Dealer said it was so I could buy a $350 remote start from him. Well a start button with no-key should also be able to be wired if you follow the same wiring technique a remote start would use.

I need to look into this during my winter break without my car. I can't wait for the weather to break with all the salt washed off the road and begone, and its just started, bummer...
With the push button, often the key still has to go somewhere, or if not, the key must stay in a certain distance. Chryslers are bad, the range is a bit, uh, comfortable, if you ask me, but just keep that in mind, you may walk too far away and then it turn the car off.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
With the push button, often the key still has to go somewhere, or if not, the key must stay in a certain distance. Chryslers are bad, the range is a bit, uh, comfortable, if you ask me, but just keep that in mind, you may walk too far away and then it turn the car off.
Hi UltArc, very true; but if you examine the way remote starters work, that bypass that problem in many cars/trucks. Trouble is some do it with making it more risky to have the car stolen.

The keys today generally have a transponder of some kind in them that is read by [Rfid style in newer systems that dont have a key] the hole they are pushed in. I need to read more about how Ford does it, but I already know how to do this on my older 2007 Pontiac Pursuit with the older GM system.

Goal here is to make the PCM think that a remote starter is being used, for theft safety it can only still work if the key is in the slot so it can be "read", [if that is how Ford also does it] and then the button pushes to start it and the car than runs in Remote Start mode while you can lock the car and go drink a coffee for 3 mins or so. A Lot of time to think about it while the car is put up for the winter.

Art

PS, "RFID like" systems are the reason for low range walking away with the FOB. Some to prevent this bad issue also have a Valet mode that let them work still for 5-7 mins before shutting off.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Secretary at work has a challenger rt. I was able to hop in and drive five miles before chickening out. Key was in her purse in the office the whole time
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Secretary at work has a challenger rt. I was able to hop in and drive five miles before chickening out. Key was in her purse in the office the whole time
Yepp. But honestly, if I had a chrysler, I'd want it to get stolen, too...lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Yepp. But honestly, if I had a chrysler, I'd want it to get stolen, too...lol
Lol, at least I talked her out of the monte carlo ss she was driving. Just couldn't get her in the ford
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang