Anyone drive a 3.7 manual with performance package? thoughts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Anyone drive a 3.7 manual with performance package? thoughts?

I am considering trading my new 2012 3.7 auto for a 2012 manual with the performance pack. I live in the city and do quite a bit of driving in traffic. I test drove a 2013 manual with performance pack and liked it but it was hard to say if I was digging the manual or if it was just the gearing that is in with the performance pack. Im very hesitant in making this decision as I like my auto very much, i just cant help but wonder if I would like the manual more.... and that performance pack.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I love my manual pp. I just but a cai and it roars now. Lol. As u would suspect ppl are gonna say its a matter of preference and what u like. Do u mind being in traffic w/ manual? This is my first man tranny car and love it. Super happy with my purchase. (See if u can get the recap seats too. Totally worth it if u can get them for a deal).
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
If you have tons of traffic it can make your leg sore lol . I know when it's bumper to bumper here some times. I can feel the burn . But I guess if its every day you would get use to it .
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post
I love my manual pp. I just but a cai and it roars now. Lol. As u would suspect ppl are gonna say its a matter of preference and what u like. Do u mind being in traffic w/ manual? This is my first man tranny car and love it. Super happy with my purchase. (See if u can get the recap seats too. Totally worth it if u can get them for a deal).
Being your first manual, how fast did you pick up on the whole "hill start" thing? I have driven manuals and used to own one years ago but it was heavily modified (never touched first). I guess one of my big worries is being stuck on a bridge in traffic... I know it's sad but I stalled out on a speed bump during the test drive (laugh it up boys). I will admit though, It was nice to drive that stick again...

Maybe someone with an auto that has done a gearing swap can shed some light here... can the auto put you back in your seat like the manual can with gears?

To answer about the recaro's, the one I am looking at has leather but Im not a huge fan being in FL... I will most likely offer them up for trade towards recaro's if I make this deal.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

For those who do not have a performance package on their V6, consider this: many GT owners are buying aftermarket suspension setups, and selling their GT suspension for cheap. Buy their takeoffs, then go after a better swaybar. This way you get a great suspension setup for cheap. You can do this as you get some extra cash, and still be ahead of what the factory would charge for this option.

Again, just for those who did not go with this option initially.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yeah reactors are nice but im not sure if they're $2k nice. Lol.

My girlfriend and I had a manual transmission car on a week road trip out in California so I got used to manual. Getting more proficient at it. Hills are still annoying but if its bad and someone is behind me u just pop the e brake. It's better for ur clutch anyways
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Being your first manual, how fast did you pick up on the whole "hill start" thing? I have driven manuals and used to own one years ago but it was heavily modified (never touched first). I guess one of my big worries is being stuck on a bridge in traffic... I know it's sad but I stalled out on a speed bump during the test drive (laugh it up boys). I will admit though, It was nice to drive that stick again...

Maybe someone with an auto that has done a gearing swap can shed some light here... can the auto put you back in your seat like the manual can with gears?

To answer about the recaro's, the one I am looking at has leather but Im not a huge fan being in FL... I will most likely offer them up for trade towards recaro's if I make this deal.
I have a 13 manual and love it but I have always had a stick shift. I think I read in the owners manual that it has some kind of hill assist where it holds brake pressure for two seconds when you are stopped on a hill.
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I have the performance package and manual trans and love it. I drive 100% city and never get tired. A lot of stop and go, but I am very used to manuals. The clutch on this car is very easy and forgiving. When I powershift I can get rubber in 2nd easily and even in 3rd. It is awesome. I would most certainly trade, if you can.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The car is about an hour away from me, I might just go out and take a test drive. It wouldn't hurt and it is on a chevy lot so they are probably wanting it gone and my ford dealer knows me by name so they will get it for me without hesitation...only worry is that it has 2K miles, a used manual with that few miles means someone was trying to learn how to drive a stick and failed... thats how i see it at least.... decisions, decisions
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
The car is about an hour away from me, I might just go out and take a test drive. It wouldn't hurt and it is on a chevy lot so they are probably wanting it gone and my ford dealer knows me by name so they will get it for me without hesitation...only worry is that it has 2K miles, a used manual with that few miles means someone was trying to learn how to drive a stick and failed... thats how i see it at least.... decisions, decisions
Why would you think that? If they put 2,000 miles on it I am sure they got it down. It only took me like a week to feel 100% comfortable driving a standard. There could be a lot of reasons why he traded it in with few miles. Maybe he wanted a GT? Or maybe be couldn't afford it? Who knows.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Why would you think that? If they put 2,000 miles on it I am sure they got it down. It only took me like a week to feel 100% comfortable driving a standard. There could be a lot of reasons why he traded it in with few miles. Maybe he wanted a GT? Or maybe be couldn't afford it? Who knows.
these are all true things... Ultimately, I would be doing the same thing.. trading in an almost new car for another almost new car. Ill call and see what I can find out.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I see it this way, most people who have owned a manual never go back to an auto. I've had both and given the choice, I would take the manual every time. If you truly love your manual, driving in traffic won't be any worse than it already is. Shifting becomes second nature and you forget your even doing it. You'll learn to leave more space from the car in front if you so you don't have to shift as much. People cut you off when you do that but oh well, I don't let it bother me. I'm in my mustang. No better feeling.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
May not be what you think...I bought my 2011 used with just over 2K. The first owner left his insurance card in the glove box, so I called him to ask why he had it for such a short time. He said he had two small kids, and his wife was pissed that he bought the Mustang, as it was extreemly difficult to get the child car seats in and out of the back seat. She wanted an SUV. He ended up trading the Mustang in on an Explorer. He said he took a beating on trade in, and would not buy a Ford ever again. His loss, my gain, as I ended up with the remainder of its full warranty, plus the Ford 50K drivetrain, plus it was now a certified pre-owned, so I have a 100K drivetrain warranty on it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
May not be what you think...I bought my 2011 used with just over 2K. The first owner left his insurance card in the glove box, so I called him to ask why he had it for such a short time. He said he had two small kids, and his wife was pissed that he bought the Mustang, as it was extreemly difficult to get the child car seats in and out of the back seat. She wanted an SUV. He ended up trading the Mustang in on an Explorer. He said he took a beating on trade in, and would not buy a Ford ever again. His loss, my gain, as I ended up with the remainder of its full warranty, plus the Ford 50K drivetrain, plus it was now a certified pre-owned, so I have a 100K drivetrain warranty on it.
I plan on going out to drive it on saturday since that is my next day off. I hope it is still there but either way, i will have my dealer looking out for one thats cpo.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #15

With my 2012 pp, i regret nothing and have yet to second guess my purchase. The wheels are complimented all the time and with all the enhancements, people swear I drive a 5.0...even though I have 3.7 badges. The 3.31 gears are real sweat compared to regular v6 gears and with the shelby lca's, launching is stupid fun. Surprises a lot of old gt users and anyone else with a "sport car"
Old 11-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Download phần mềm - Chia se tai nguyen do hoa

kiemsosdinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang