How much is xm? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
How much is xm?

See it is $15 a month online but I feel like I remember seeing somewhere that if you got it just for your car it was cheaper? How much do you pay for it?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Oh I've haggled with them several times. The last time, I got them down to $7 a month. They kept offering me free service to just hang on. I didn't have a need for it. Back in the day, it used to 9.99 a month then it went to $12.99
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Oh I've haggled with them several times. The last time, I got them down to $7 a month. They kept offering me free service to just hang on. I didn't have a need for it. Back in the day, it used to 9.99 a month then it went to $12.99
While my response is really the opposite of the op Posting....

Be warned.... They will call. And call. And call. And send mail... And call. And call.... For years after you cancel if you don't want it. They are vultures... Or more like ticks....

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

Be warned.... They will call. And call. And call. And send mail... And call. And call.... For years after you cancel if you don't want it. They are vultures... Or more like ticks....
Yeah they finally sent my account to collections and said we will waive the back amount if you re-subscribe. I just ignored them. Haven't received anything since June of this year.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

You aren't kidding, the last 4 cars i've had were setup for satellite radio, as the current 2 are, and these people are relentless. I've been nice, i've been direct, and I've been rude... and they KEEP CALLING!!! I keep telling them I didn't use it even when it was free, and they keep trying to convince me that i'm wrong and NEED it...man that pisses me off! If I wanted it, i'd have it!
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I just resubscribed and they didn't really give me a deal but I talked to them and let them know I wasn't gonna pay full price (15.99) for the service and finally they said something about a special which was 9.99 for a year which I was comfortable paying plus I also added the travel link as well because of the weather map and forcast for 1.99/month.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

You aren't kidding, the last 4 cars i've had were setup for satellite radio, as the current 2 are, and these people are relentless. I've been nice, i've been direct, and I've been rude... and they KEEP CALLING!!! I keep telling them I didn't use it even when it was free, and they keep trying to convince me that i'm wrong and NEED it...man that pisses me off! If I wanted it, i'd have it!
Haha they don't give up. I'm surprised they haven't faced a class action law suit yet

But like I said cancelled this past winter they sent my account to collections in June called for a few days, but I never answer.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Need an explenation

Hi 99Ford,
Why would they send your account to a collecting agency when it is a monthly charge? If longer you would need to pay in advance. I wonder why they just did not cut you off if you did not pay your bill every month.Strange!!!!
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Hi 99Ford,
Why would they send your account to a collecting agency when it is a monthly charge? If longer you would need to pay in advance. I wonder why they just did not cut you off if you did not pay your bill every month.Strange!!!!
Supposedly I had an outstanding balance because my credit card expired. In the letter it stated "we are XYZ collection agency hired by SiriusXM to get your account current, and retain you as a Sirius XM customer."

Prior to this I had been receiving free service because I told them I lost my job which is true. I also really didn't like it/use it. So, I called them up and said, "I need to cancel. " They transferred me to the customer retentions department. The next headache begins, I again say, "I really don't use your service you took the channels I liked off the air when you merged with Sirius. I lost my job and don't have the money to pay you"

"Ok Mr. S we are sorry about that, we would hate to loose you as a SiriusXM customer, we are prepared to give you 6 months free service maybe you use it a little more and like it." No I need to cancel." I couldn't get them off the phone so we ended up at 8 months free service and I needed to call at 6 months to avoid getting billed.

I forgot and really didn't want to pay them. I haven't used the service since I sold my Chrysler in 2008! But nothing showed on my credit report so it's all good.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Thanks 99ford

What they did was not legal, They were to stop service when you requested. I doubt that they really sent it to a legitimate collection agency because it would have shown up on your credit report.((They were the collection agency)) They probably hire these data centers to sell their entertainment packages and they probably pay the sales people a nice commission so that is the big problem. XM is not the only company that does crap like this.

Now A Day's you really have to be very careful when you buy anything because they all want to have automatic payment on your credit card every time a payment is due. They don't make it very easy to opt out if you don't want automatic withdraws either.

Some people like that they don't have to think about certain bill's being taken care of every time they are due so they love the automatic payment plans. The big problem is that there are people like me that like to receive a bill every time a payment is due so we can have the fun of knowing just what we are paying for. OR Canceling a subscription any time we feel the need to without a lot of grief and hassles.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
What they did was not legal, They were to stop service when you requested. I doubt that they really sent it to a legitimate collection agency because it would have shown up on your credit report.((They were the collection agency)) They probably hire these data centers to sell their entertainment packages and they probably pay the sales people a nice commission so that is the big problem. XM is not the only company that does crap like this.

Now A Day's you really have to be very careful when you buy anything because they all want to have automatic payment on your credit card every time a payment is due. They don't make it very easy to opt out if you don't want automatic withdraws either.

Some people like that they don't have to think about certain bill's being taken care of every time they are due so they love the automatic payment plans. The big problem is that there are people like me that like to receive a bill every time a payment is due so we can have the fun of knowing just what we are paying for. OR Canceling a subscription any time we feel the need to without a lot of grief and hassles.
From what I've read it is their collections, but its horrible. In all honesty, I wish Bank Of America would've been, as receptive when I said, I'm canceling my credit card. All over a $15.00 fee. That's another story. I agree though I want to see my bill!

XM is horrible in that regard they auto charged me one time, 1 month before my subscription ran out. I said, how can you do this? She said, you agreed to it when you gave us the card. I said refund me! She said, I can't. I was mad and it takes a lot to make me mad.

Road and Track is another, I wrote them a check because the fine print reads you agree to allow us to charge your credit card. Magazines renew at the best going rate. I find that usually they send me a better offer if I hold out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang