Lights - what type for the 2011 v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #1

Lights - what type for the 2011 v6

I was wondering what kind of lights do the 2011 v6 mustangs have? I want to put LID or HID lights in the front and or color lights for the fog lights? Any one know where I can go and what kind of lights they are?
jt525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
That's illegal
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I have HIDs and love them. I'd stay in the 6-8K range and you should be fine.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Oh and I bought mine at Sonic Electronix on a recommendation from a friend who has them on his 2011! It looks sick!
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
That's illegal
Here we go

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt525
I was wondering what kind of lights do the 2011 v6 mustangs have? I want to put LID or HID lights in the front and or color lights for the fog lights? Any one know where I can go and what kind of lights they are?
Yeah I'd say go 6k in the head lights and fog lights!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #5

Do I have to buy the hid light kit or just the lights and they fit right in the original spot?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
You have to buy a kit . You can find them on ebay. Your head l ights are h11 i think . It's been a while science I bought mine. But the kit includes two ballast the wires and two lights
Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

They are h13!!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
They are h13!!
Lol my bad knew I'd get it wrong
Old 11-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I wouldn't put HIDs in a halogen housing. Looks like crap and makes the car look cheap. Also blinds other drivers and scatters light. Do it right and get some projectors.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
I wouldn't put HIDs in a halogen housing. Looks like crap and makes the car look cheap. Also blinds other drivers and scatters light. Do it right and get some projectors.
+1 i saw a mustang exactly like mine at night and was admiring it then when i passed it there was that tacky blue glare of light. I have the real hids and there is a gigantic differnce.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

No substitute for the real McCoy buddy. I would save up and do it right, I think allot of people have the best intention when modding there car but don't always go about it the best way. I would save your $ and get the good stuff that won't have you wondering why you wasted the money a few years from now. If nothing else, look at the risk you are taking with your lights, not only do you risk melting ( that would cost hundreds to replace the lights) but as someone else stated, it is technicly illegal.... Then again, so is my driving style...... As always, just my opinion
Old 11-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
They are h13!!
So if I don't want hid just a brighter bulb what do I need to look for? What should I get?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt525

So if I don't want hid just a brighter bulb what do I need to look for? What should I get?
Sylvania silverstars
Our's:
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sylvania silverstars
+1 have the silver stars on my wife's Mazda and they are a clean white and very bright . Brighter than my HID kit in the mustang.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have the silver star ultras on my mustang, there plenty bright but not blinding to other drivers.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Is that the top of the line h13 sylvania offered? I've wanted to know how they looked before I spent all that money
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I believe so... They look like normal headlights, maybe a little whiter than the factory ones... There good but it's not mind blowing. They were worth the $50 or whatever I payed for them
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Bought a set for the focus today for 39 at oreilly's. Such a difference
Our's:
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

They want 60 a set here. I wasn't expecting white just wider visibility since I live in the sticks and need to see the deer. Tis the season
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
That's illegal
Lol
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

Lol
Well they are.
Our's:
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Well they are.
YOU'RE illegal!
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations

YOU'RE illegal!
+1 haha
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations

YOU'RE illegal!
Can't we just let these threads die?

The types of lighting discussed in this thread are illegal and dangerous. In my opinion this is no different than discussing street racing on this forum.

If you insist on illegally modifying your vehicle please do it, just don't announce it to the world.

And no, nothing about me or any of my vehicles is illegal. I prefer not paying any extra money to the government, they take enough already.
Our's:
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

The types of lighting discussed in this thread are illegal and dangerous. In my opinion this is no different than discussing street racing on this forum.

If you insist on illegally modifying your vehicle please do it, just don't announce it to the world.

And no, nothing about me or any of my vehicles is illegal. I prefer not paying any extra money to the government, they take enough already.
I agree that it's illegal and if you're gonna do it then don't announce it, but some people don't know it's illegal

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

I was kidding, and I wasn't insinuating that your vehicle was illegal. Also, I do not support illegal modding. Or paying the government.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:

Oh god y'all got him started again!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Can y'all agree to just disagree, and stop harping on this. It's really becoming a pain to read through several pages of bickering
Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Can y'all agree to just disagree, and stop harping on this. It's really becoming a pain to read through several pages of bickering
Everyone on here knows how he feels about then so how about just stop commenting how he hates them on everyone.
Off road x pipe is illegal why doesn't he comment on that? Long tubes are illegal why doesn't he worry about that? There's alot of post about tint why dont he worry about that? I've seen some post about running no cats why doesn't he enforce the law on those? It comes down to its there car and they will do what they want it has nothing to do with it being illegal he just wants to complain over and over about them. If he's that worried about the laws he should be on all the post I just listed. Everyone of us does something illegal everyday weather it's rolling through a stop sign of going 1mph over the speed limit or leaving our car running while getting gas, we all do it if he wants to enforce HID laws become a police officer and do something about it until then stop complaining about it being illegal.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

Everyone on here knows how he feels about then so how about just stop commenting how he hates them on everyone.
Off road x pipe is illegal why doesn't he comment on that? Long tubes are illegal why doesn't he worry about that? There's alot of post about tint why dont he worry about that? I've seen some post about running no cats why doesn't he enforce the law on those? It comes down to its there car and they will do what they want it has nothing to do with it being illegal he just wants to complain over and over about them. If he's that worried about the laws he should be on all the post I just listed. Everyone of us does something illegal everyday weather it's rolling through a stop sign of going 1mph over the speed limit or leaving our car running while getting gas, we all do it if he wants to enforce HID laws become a police officer and do something about it until then stop complaining about it being illegal.
+1
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

+1000000000000

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

I'm not the one bringing these threads back to the top. I've even had the pleasure of having a stalker pull every thread from the past.

How about putting me on your ignore list if it really bothers you that much. I'm sure your knowledge of vehicles far exceeds any help I might could give you in the future.
Our's:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:

I'm not the one bringing these threads back to the top. I've even had the pleasure of having a stalker pull every thread from the past.

How about putting me on your ignore list if it really bothers you that much. I'm sure your knowledge of vehicles far exceeds any help I might could give you in the future.
I post on this 11/24 it was commented on today by you which is 12/2 so I haven't brought anything back to the top. I said what I had to say y'all have a good night.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Guess its my fault I am getting tired of being told that's illegal when I want to mod my car so guess what I'm going to mod my car the way I want.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
Guess its my fault I am getting tired of being told that's illegal when I want to mod my car so guess what I'm going to mod my car the way I want.
And that's what you should do, do what you like and what makes you happy. If I wanna run HIDs with no damn headlights and just a bulb hanging there it's my car. We never have issues with any cops or state inspection having HIDs, my father-in-law is a cop in our town and like he always says there's bigger problems than us worrying about headlights.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2011 v6