How to add Bluetooth and xm to my ride? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
How to add Bluetooth and xm to my ride?

Looking to get some use out of those buttons, the sat and Bluetooth buttons! Can anyone point me in the right direction to make it function like stock? Thx.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Do you have the Sync package?
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
Do you have the Sync package?
Nope, no sync.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Stop by your Ford dealer

You need to stop by the Ford dealer and have them look at your system to see if you have the XM available.

The Bluetooth should already be there. They will probably show you how to activate it with your phone.

I'm pretty sure you do not have to have my Ford Sync to have the Sirus or bluetooth on your car.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
You need to stop by the Ford dealer and have them look at your system to see if you have the XM available.

The Bluetooth should already be there. They will probably show you how to activate it with your phone.

I'm pretty sure you do not have to have my Ford Sync to have the Sirus or bluetooth on your car.
From what I've read you need sync for the Bluetooth. I have the sat button but when pressed it says no sat. When bluetooth is pressed there is no message what so ever. I seen the gps 7" display for 2013 mustangs that comes with Bluetooth and sat radio but I like the original look of everything how it is, I just want the options to function.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The radio they can add. It is just a small box I believe that goes behind your radio and that plugs into one of the ports in the back allowing the XM to be activated.

The bluetooth I think you need sync for that. See if the dealer can sell you the sync stuff too or maybe they will be able to find a totalled car on ebay that had it and buy the accessory from that car... You could do the same with the radio actually as well (make sure you get the antenna too) and install it. Then you would need to contact XM with the serial number on the radio box to have it activated.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

That is why I say******************

Go to your Ford Dealer

It will only take them one second to tell you if those features can be activated.

I'm sure they can, but you do have to pay for the XM/Sirus radio feature. The bluetooth is already on your radio, They should show you how to use it. Have your cell phone with you. Of course your cell phone has to have bluetooth.

Do you have an owners Manual for your car? Look in it if you do.

Ronnie
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Go to your Ford Dealer

It will only take them one second to tell you if those features can be activated.

I'm sure they can, but you do have to pay for the XM/Sirus radio feature. The bluetooth is already on your radio, They should show you how to use it. Have your cell phone with you. Of course your cell phone has to have bluetooth.

Do you have an owners Manual for your car? Look in it if you do.

Ronnie
I don't have sync and therefore no Bluetooth, you need sync to have bluetooth. I know Ford will charge an arm and a leg to install it but I'm looking for an aftermarket approach.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

There are aftermarket options but there not cheap. If your willing to replace your center instrument panel then it will cost about $500 and up for a quality in dash screen with Bluetooth and everything else, the piece that re-locates all your other controls is about $500.... I have been looking into doing this and it comes out to vbout 1100 said and done.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Blue ant from Amazon

I did not have bluetooth on my last car and bought a hands free cell phone item from Amazon called a blue ant:

Amazon.com: BlueAnt Supertooth Light Bluetooth Speakerphone (Black): Automotive

It worked perfect and it had an excellent built in speaker. Maybe something like this could be an option for you.

I have sync on my Mustang and it works great but the same as the blue ant did when answering. It's just the button is on the unit and not the steering wheel. I still have it and use it when renting a car. I was just in Las Vegas and in Nevada you can't talk on a hand held devise so my Blue Ant was the way to go.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang