HELP - Fuse question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
HELP - Fuse question

Alright, is there anyway to start a 2011 V6 mustang without the fuses in the car..
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Not sure you'd want to do that if you can. The fuses protect your vital electronics from surges and whatnot. A blown fuse is a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to replace than a computer. Just my 2 cents...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Without knowing your situation... No. Everything from variable valve timing, distributor, throttle body and fuel injection is handled by your computer. That requires a fuse box not only to protect its self but also to act as a junction for some systems. Even if you found a way to power the computer, it would probably see that something is very very wrong and attempt to protect its self. This could cause anything from it shutting down to it trying to put the car into a "limp home" mode.... I had a coil pack crack and short in my old Chevy, the computer went into limp home that basically was not letting me go over 3500 rpm or over 3rd gear... No telling what would happen In a mustang.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

If your haveing serious fuse box issues I would not recommend a repair. Replace it by going to a junk yard. If you can't find a new enough mustang to pull from PM me, I know ware a totaled one is in FL and will help you out the best I can.
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Without knowing your situation... No. Everything from variable valve timing, distributor, throttle body and fuel injection is handled by your computer. That requires a fuse box not only to protect its self but also to act as a junction for some systems. Even if you found a way to power the computer, it would probably see that something is very very wrong and attempt to protect its self. This could cause anything from it shutting down to it trying to put the car into a "limp home" mode.... I had a coil pack crack and short in my old Chevy, the computer went into limp home that basically was not letting me go over 3500 rpm or over 3rd gear... No telling what would happen In a mustang.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

If your haveing serious fuse box issues I would not recommend a repair. Replace it by going to a junk yard. If you can't find a new enough mustang to pull from PM me, I know ware a totaled one is in FL and will help you out the best I can.
+100 You're entering a world of pain, and inviting all sorts of bad things to happen...what you're asking, is not a good idea.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

DUH!!!!!!!!

*************WHY?************************

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

+100 You're entering a world of pain, and inviting all sorts of bad things to happen...what you're asking, is not a good idea.
Or of you're warranty take take to a dealer.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
*************WHY?************************

+1
Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Or of you're warranty take take to a dealer.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

+1
because my dad took out the fuses cause I'm grounded. lol so under the hood, he took out the following fuses, #1, 41,43. that's all I've noticed that is gone
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483

because my dad took out the fuses cause I'm grounded. lol so under the hood, he took out the following fuses, #1, 41,43. that's all I've noticed that is gone
So you did something bad enough for your dad to ground you AND physically pull the fuses out of your car so you can't drive it. And even still, you wanna go against his wishes and try to start your car anyway, possibly damaging it and more than likely voiding the warranty. It's just not worth it dude. Wait out your punishment and then start your car safely with the fuses in place.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

would like an orileys or autozone carry these fuses?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
.....no comment -_- kids these days.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude u ****ed up, just deal with ur punishment before you **** up ur cars PCM and then you REALLY piss off ur dad
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L
.....no comment -_- kids these days.
+1000
Hell I wasn't even allowed to get my license till I was 18. And at 18, I was living on my own.
Call yourself lucky and just wait it out
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Rub two sticks together.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
Rub two sticks together.
+9999
BBK Cold Air Intake
ChrisMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Duh????????????????????????????????????????

Did I actually read this correctly???????????????????????????????

Quote:

I think I must need new glasses or a new brain or something.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well if he took out the fuses for a reason, he probably saved your life... too many kids dying cause of inexperienced with hondas let alone a mustang... thats why I learned to drive since I was 8 at our ranch with heavy duty trucks :O
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man up dude, you have to grow up sometime. You don't want to loose your dads respect. My guess is that dad bought the car, and dad can sell it just as easy!!!!!!!!!!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Sounds to me like your grounded for bad grades.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012

Sounds to me like your grounded for bad grades.
and other kid stuff -___-
Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lol... I think that pretty much sums up this thread.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

and other kid stuff -___-
Hahaha, dude you are hilarious! Parents are awesome.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Please have your dad send us some of the photographs of him running your (EX) car into the nearest lake.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #23
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Haha, +1
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Lol you sound like a spoiled brat I would just be happy to even stare at my mustang if I could have one while still living and being under my parents control.

People who try to do crap like you end up in prison once real life hits them. Grow up.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Lol you sound like a spoiled brat I would just be happy to even stare at my mustang if I could have one while still living and being under my parents control.

People who try to do crap like you end up in prison once real life hits them. Grow up.
my parents flipped sh*t when i put my flowmaster super 10s in.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

A little harsh no? Lol ill admit this kid a stupid brat that needs to man the **** up and take his punishment like a man and not try and fool ur dad, but the prison thing...idk man a lot of rich spoiled brats are the ones running the country remember? Lol they may be ******** and rich but do they care? No cuz they make bank doing nothing. Lol I would love their jobs haha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Lol that's pretty smart to take out the fuses. Must have tweaked your dads last nerve. Man thought I was bad. If I ever got in trouble they would just take the car keys. Simple as that. Parents wouldn't waste the time to take out a fuse(s) of my mustang. But then again I would always hide my keys lol

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

Lol you're taking "harsh" to a whole new level hahaha
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I nvr bashed the economical status. Just the fact that he can't just handle the consequences. The fact that you take it this far mkes me wonder why your dad got you the car in the first place! You must have been a handful when you were younger.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
I nvr bashed the economical status. Just the fact that he can't just handle the consequences. The fact that you take it this far mkes me wonder why your dad got you the car in the first place! You must have been a handful when you were younger.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Sounds like your Dad needed to be more drastic and pull the wheels off, lock it in the garage, or just completely remove the car from your home - maybe pay the $ to have it stored in a storage unit.

My suggestion is to think about what you are trying to do and maybe just get a ride with your friends for the time being.

If you were my kid and you took the car after I did that I would take you with me to the dealer and sell it back to them so you could have a temper tantrum right in front of everyone. Maybe we would get lucky and someone would get video of it and post it on youtube.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Sounds like your Dad needed to be more drastic and pull the wheels off, lock it in the garage, or just completely remove the car from your home - maybe pay the $ to have it stored in a storage unit.

My suggestion is to think about what you are trying to do and maybe just get a ride with your friends for the time being.

If you were my kid and you took the car after I did that I would take you with me to the dealer and sell it back to them so you could have a temper tantrum right in front of everyone. Maybe we would get lucky and someone would get video of it and post it on youtube.
Lmao that would be priceless
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
Lmao that would be priceless
Then replace it with a pink Prius.

Be thankful for what you have I think is the moral of the story here, and don't piss off the parents...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

Then replace it with a pink Prius.

Be thankful for what you have I think is the moral of the story here, and don't piss off the parents...
Amen. Especially when thanksgiving is tomorrow!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I think the OP needs to explain in detail the reason for his grounding and throw himself on the mercy of the ME court.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
I think the OP needs to explain in detail the reason for his grounding and throw himself on the mercy of the ME court.
LOL yeah were curious
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Wow. This is an awesome thread.

You know how lucky you are to be driving a Mustang at your young age? My common sense would be to suck it up and wait it out, but as a safety professional I've came to realize that everybody’s common sense level is much different. Dude, I can’t even believe you even thought about doing this. You wouldn't even make it out of your driveway with the ATAKs on. Think everything through before you act, it will help you in the future.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post

Ever see the video where the Father pulls out his 1911 .45 and shoots his daughters laptop? I'm picturing something along those lines...

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang