New to forum my 2013 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
New to forum my 2013 V6

Hey I'm new.. Ordered this car in Afghanistan and got it when I came back a month ago.. Just broke 1000 miles driving to Virginia and finally posting to a forum... I want to install leather seats anyone know how easy they would be from roush overstock on eBay? Do they come with instructions? Here are some pics.. With no experience can I possibly install a catback or just mufflers? What about CAI? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4108405108.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	76657   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-951118906.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	663.1 KB
ID:	76658  

Name:	image-25963761.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	614.6 KB
ID:	76659   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-425981335.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	529.7 KB
ID:	76660  

Name:	image-3924274435.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	76661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2161310461.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	76662  

Name:	image-12571068.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	76663   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-422427816.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	531.7 KB
ID:	76664  

Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
looks good...welcome to the site

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

for the seats no clue...if they use the same brackets it should be a simple bolt in.

for the exhaust if it's one made for the car then that's easy enough if you can either get the car on stands or a lift...i did the exhaust on my old GT on some stands myself with basic hand tools because it was just unbolting stock and bolting up the new catback. for the CAI it's one of the easiest mods to do....now i know s197s really need a tune after a CAI...i'm not sure on the 3.7s so maybe someone can chime in that has one

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42
Hey I'm new.. Ordered this car in Afghanistan and got it when I came back a month ago.. Just broke 1000 miles driving to Virginia and finally posting to a forum... I want to install leather seats anyone know how easy they would be from roush overstock on eBay? Do they come with instructions? Here are some pics.. With no experience can I possibly install a catback or just mufflers? What about CAI? Thanks!
Well sir first off lemme say, congrats on the new car, and secondly if u were serving and that's why you were over sea's, thank you for your service.

As for the exhaust, take a gander at my 3.7L
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Yl-uAFfRDhI
It has BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Catted X-Pipe, Roush Axleback mufflers. That video is before I installed some resonators off a 2011 5.0 I installed them to take off the rasp a bit.

As for the CAI, I personally have the Airaid and it doesn't require a tune but is HIGHLY recommended. If you have the money for it, try and get a Throttle Body spacer and BBK Throttle body that's what I have.

I can upload a video of my whole setup if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Here's a video on how to install the leather interior, I followed it and installed some on a friends 5.0 it's the ones you saw off ebays Roush overstock sales! So yea it should be simple just gna take a few hours man it's long lol

Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome! You will like it here very informative!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

There is a set of 2013 v6 premium leather set covers new from the ford factory on eBay right now for $350.
13stang901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Nice ride. Huah!!!
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Well sir first off lemme say, congrats on the new car, and secondly if u were serving and that's why you were over sea's, thank you for your service.

As for the exhaust, take a gander at my 3.7L
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Yl-uAFfRDhI
It has BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Catted X-Pipe, Roush Axleback mufflers. That video is before I installed some resonators off a 2011 5.0 I installed them to take off the rasp a bit.

As for the CAI, I personally have the Airaid and it doesn't require a tune but is HIGHLY recommended. If you have the money for it, try and get a Throttle Body spacer and BBK Throttle body that's what I have.

I can upload a video of my whole setup if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Here's a video on how to install the leather interior, I followed it and installed some on a friends 5.0 it's the ones you saw off ebays Roush overstock sales! So yea it should be simple just gna take a few hours man it's long lol

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post
Nice ride. Huah!!!
HOOAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13stang901 View Post
There is a set of 2013 v6 premium leather set covers new from the ford factory on eBay right now for $350.
Im going to look it up now thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Welcome!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Hi and welcome! You will like it here very informative!
I like it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
for the seats no clue...if they use the same brackets it should be a simple bolt in.

What i meant was the seat covers but thanks for chiming in!

for the exhaust if it's one made for the car then that's easy enough if you can either get the car on stands or a lift...i did the exhaust on my old GT on some stands myself with basic hand tools because it was just unbolting stock and bolting up the new catback. for the CAI it's one of the easiest mods to do....now i know s197s really need a tune after a CAI...i'm not sure on the 3.7s so maybe someone can chime in that has one
Thanks staff member for the welcome!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Yes, welcome aboard!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13stang901 View Post
Hey i cant seem to find ford factory on ebay any ideas or a link?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks alot i like your vid and your setup... How much for all that? Would you mind posting up the vid of your whole car?
I appreciate the video on the leather seat install also... I got the time and patience seeing i just got back so i will do it myself and the video actually helped alot.. I was doing some research any idea on using zipties instead of hog rings?

I appreaciate everything thank you
Well the price I got the parts were cheaper then normal because I had a discount code AM provided me for a incident that happened with them. Great customer service btw

BBK Headers+Catted X-Pipe= 400 but retail is 930
Roush Mufflers=400 but retail 459
BBK Throttle body=399
Airaid CAI=259
Throttle body spacer=65 retail is 99

I installed everything myself with a friend.

Now you don't need a tune with any of these mods but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I would advise you to buy a CAI with Tuner combo!

As for the leather seats, I wouldn't use zip ties because they till brake with wear n tear especially since it's gna be leather seats and the hot son will make them crack so use hog clips or whatever they are called lol

Ill try and take a video of my whole car later today!

Hope this helps man!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Well the price I got the parts were cheaper then normal because I had a discount code AM provided me for a incident that happened with them. Great customer service btw

BBK Headers+Catted X-Pipe= 400 but retail is 930
Roush Mufflers=400 but retail 459
BBK Throttle body=399
Airaid CAI=259
Throttle body spacer=65 retail is 99

I installed everything myself with a friend.

Now you don't need a tune with any of these mods but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I would advise you to buy a CAI with Tuner combo!

As for the leather seats, I wouldn't use zip ties because they till brake with wear n tear especially since it's gna be leather seats and the hot son will make them crack so use hog clips or whatever they are called lol

Ill try and take a video of my whole car later today!

Hope this helps man!
I wanna do a lot of things and add the CAI with tuner... My wife might let me on Black Friday... I ended up buying the leather interior now just need to buy hog rings and the pliers.. Shouldn't be more thena few bucks... Thanks for everything can't wait to see that video
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Congrats on the New Mustang. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for your service! I am U.S.M.C. myself, 2 years reserve, 77-79. I
like the 3.7 badge, just badge mine black as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Become familiar with the aftermarket sites that do upgrades to Mustangs, such as Roush. Their site has a "take off" section that sells things like stock leather seat covers. steering wheels (common upgrade for radio control buttons), GT suspension parts, etc.

Great deals can be had.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Become familiar with the aftermarket sites that do upgrades to Mustangs, such as Roush. Their site has a "take off" section that sells things like stock leather seat covers. steering wheels (common upgrade for radio control buttons), GT suspension parts, etc.

Great deals can be had.
just found the cali special lower and upper grilles for cheap im so excited and its oem.. latemodelresto had it for 369 each i found it for 372 together! WTF i almost bought it... in 2 weeks i will buy the grilles and i already bought the CAI and tuner from AM on black friday for almost 100 dollars off.
Thanks guys
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

For anyone who cares bought Cali special rims should be here Saturday the black ones for the 13 I'm hoping it looks good
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For anyone who cares bought Cali special rims should be here Saturday the black ones for the 13 I'm hoping it looks good
Damn those are awesome!! Gna look real nice man!! Congrats!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I'd stay away from ebay. It's all garbage. Get your parts from a trusted site. As for exhaust and CAI, BBK long tubes and off road x pipe with Roush, Magnaflow or Pypes are EXTREMELY loud. Airaid makes a nice CAI for 2011+ Pony's. All is pretty straight forward install with someone with a little mechanical knowledge and good instructions. I shop for all my stuff at americanmuscle.com, they have staff that are very helpful and knowledgeable, as well as detailed installation guides. Give them a look.
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #21
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Did you read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
I'd stay away from ebay. It's all garbage. Get your parts from a trusted site. As for exhaust and CAI, BBK long tubes and off road x pipe with Roush, Magnaflow or Pypes are EXTREMELY loud. Airaid makes a nice CAI for 2011+ Pony's. All is pretty straight forward install with someone with a little mechanical knowledge and good instructions. I shop for all my stuff at americanmuscle.com, they have staff that are very helpful and knowledgeable, as well as detailed installation guides. Give them a look.
i buy all my parts through americanmuscle... the ebay buyer i bought these seats from if you read at all is Roush... they make new GT's into roushe GT's and put thiere own leather... hence they are new leather take-offs...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang