Dam exhaust laws. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
I live in Montreal and planning to pull the trigger and a fairly large purchase in February at Am. One of the items I'm looking at are roush axel backs. When I check my local exhaust laws it states that no part of the exhaust can be modified and the sound must not exceed the original oem mufflers.I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have similar laws where they live and have a loud exhaust system? And how often do you get stopped?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
Here in Florida, down in the U.S, I am not sure about the sound laws such as the one you are having a problem with. I have the square tip roush exhaust and im telling you right now, it is VERY loud. With no other work done, people tell me they can here me from several miles away when I get on it pretty hard. It is obvious there is a change in the exhaust. If attention is what you don't want, I would recommend not getting these.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI
Here in Florida, down in the U.S, I am not sure about the sound laws such as the one you are having a problem with. I have the square tip roush exhaust and im telling you right now, it is VERY loud. With no other work done, people tell me they can here me from several miles away when I get on it pretty hard. It is obvious there is a change in the exhaust. If attention is what you don't want, I would recommend not getting these.
Have you had any problems with the police? I think Florida was one of the states that I check about exhaust laws and if I'm correct it was somewhat similar to mine up here. I love the sound of those roush axel backs! YouTube vids that I checked all seemed to be pretty loud after about 3k but how are they under normal driving conditions?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
After I originally installed them, I had some serious issues with police. But that was always my fault. Theres some bad drone in 6th gear if you dont keep it above 2k but besides that its amazing. get it to about 2500 or 3k and when you shift you will always get a monstrous "backfire" sound as the rpms drop back down. it turns heads every time. it can be a bit raspy at some points but we got v6's, you already knew that was gonna happen. I love em and can't wait to do more to them. I highly recommend them if you can not gun it all day.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 406
Roushs on you guys sixers sound sweet. I have the same laws but dude its not enforced at all, I have a cop as a neighbor and he loves the way my car sounds and I have mufflers with a similar design to the roushs(deletes)
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936
Roushs on you guys sixers sound sweet. I have the same laws but dude its not enforced at all, I have a cop as a neighbor and he loves the way my car sounds and I have mufflers with a similar design to the roushs(deletes)
Well that's good to now, but some people say when you hit 3k they are louder than borla ataks.I pretty sure I will be able to keep it quiet enough to cruze around town.....maybe.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
I'm not gonna pick sides but I'm promising you, the roush is without a doubt louder than Ataks. My friend has a 2010 GT and his Ataks sound like stock mufflers compared to mine. They sound good but aren't as loud as the reviews show.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI
I'm not gonna pick sides but I'm promising you, the roush is without a doubt louder than Ataks. My friend has a 2010 GT and his Ataks sound like stock mufflers compared to mine. They sound good but aren't as loud as the reviews show.
on my v6, I personally think they are louder then roush which my has.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I live in FL. I actualy have an Orlando zip code so you could say I live in the city. Rite now I don't have any mufflers on my mustang and don't get messed with. I am conscious of the police though and keep it down when I see them but so far, no issues... And yea, it's as stupidly loud as you think it is lol and I love it
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
I live in FL. I actualy have an Orlando zip code so you could say I live in the city. Rite now I don't have any mufflers on my mustang and don't get messed with. I am conscious of the police though and keep it down when I see them but so far, no issues... And yea, it's as stupidly loud as you think it is lol and I love it
: ) I think I'm going to go for it! Thx
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483

on my v6, I personally think they are louder then roush which my has.
the ATAKS are definitely louder, when you floor it and get in the higher rpms. I'm getting the borla headers to go along with my borla ATAK catback soon. I can't wait
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

the ATAKS are definitely louder, when you floor it and get in the higher rpms. I'm getting the borla headers to go along with my borla ATAK catback soon. I can't wait
how does the catback sound? I only have the axelback ATAKs
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483

how does the catback sound? I only have the axelback ATAKs
so amazing. I've had plenty of people say they thought it was a GT.
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI
I'm not gonna pick sides but I'm promising you, the roush is without a doubt louder than Ataks. My friend has a 2010 GT and his Ataks sound like stock mufflers compared to mine. They sound good but aren't as loud as the reviews show.
I have the ataks and have yet to hear anything louder then me when i get in rpms ..

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

so amazing. I've had plenty of people say they thought it was a GT.
+10 same here..everyone thinks its a gt
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
If you are looking for a good sound and xtra power***

Magnaflow Street Axle backs work great

A nice deeper sound, Increase the power, and the best is (NO POLICE PROBLEMS) That is when driving around but when you floor it these mufflers really come alive and holler loud.

Not only do they perform well but they also have great looking tips with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the sides. They are also much lighter then the stock mufflers. They are also stainless steel and very well made.





Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Magnaflow Street Axle backs work great

A nice deeper sound, Increase the power, and the best is (NO POLICE PROBLEMS) That is when driving around but when you floor it these mufflers really come alive and holler loud.

Not only do they perform well but they also have great looking tips with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the sides. They are also much lighter then the stock mufflers. They are also stainless steel and very well made.

Ronnie
3.5 or 4" tips?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Borlas all the way

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121124_122538.png
Views:	186
Size:	787.8 KB
ID:	77493



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121124_122452.png
Views:	182
Size:	843.8 KB
ID:	77491
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

I have the ataks and have yet to hear anything louder then me when i get in rpms ..

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------



+10 same here..everyone thinks its a gt
yeah I even had a 392 challenger race me because he thought it was a GT. he was surprised when it was a six haha
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
I use the 4.5 inch square roush tips and have heard the Ataks, side by side I personally believe that mine was way louder. It's not like the Ataks were quiet, it's just mine were louder. Anyone who rides with me comments on how stupid loud the car gets. I'm sure any of the options stated in the forum are great choices. It just depends on what the op wants.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI
I use the 4.5 inch square roush tips and have heard the Ataks, side by side I personally believe that mine was way louder. It's not like the Ataks were quiet, it's just mine were louder. Anyone who rides with me comments on how stupid loud the car gets. I'm sure any of the options stated in the forum are great choices. It just depends on what the op wants.
+1
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI
I use the 4.5 inch square roush tips and have heard the Ataks, side by side I personally believe that mine was way louder. It's not like the Ataks were quiet, it's just mine were louder. Anyone who rides with me comments on how stupid loud the car gets. I'm sure any of the options stated in the forum are great choices. It just depends on what the op wants.
Are yours axle or catback ?? And agreed its all on the driver
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post
Are yours axle or catback ?? And agreed its all on the driver
I just have the axel backs. So once again, it's just axel back to axel back. Im sure a cat back of any kind is louder than that and any bolt one will make the car way louder too. I like the way mine sounds as I'm sure we all like our cars the most haha. Its all what we want ours to sound like.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib_squaredI

I just have the axel backs. So once again, it's just axel back to axel back. Im sure a cat back of any kind is louder than that and any bolt one will make the car way louder too. I like the way mine sounds as I'm sure we all like our cars the most haha. Its all what we want ours to sound like.
Just making sure lol.. Yea any catback would be insanely loud. True its all on us what we like best.. But nice sound regardless from both
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
The Roush axle backs are obnoxious loud. If you want the attention of the law inforcement, get them; you will succeed. IMO, they make your sweet V6 sound like the Honda's and other 4 bangers running with their coffee can exhausts.

Again, this is just my opinion. Exhaust sound is very subjective and opinionated. Everyone will agree or disagree with each other.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ib_squaredI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The Roush axle backs are obnoxious loud. If you want the attention of the law inforcement, get them; you will succeed. IMO, they make your sweet V6 sound like the Honda's and other 4 bangers running with their coffee can exhausts.

Again, this is just my opinion. Exhaust sound is very subjective and opinionated. Everyone will agree or disagree with each other.
Even though I love my roush's I understand what your saying. I can say youre partly right. Really high rpms do cause a but of high raspy sound.
__________________
2012 v6 performance package mustang. Grabber blue.
Roush axle back exhaust.
Ib_squaredI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
curtin1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 964
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
I've got Roush ab and they are loins but if you keep the rpms down you can be kinda quite .
__________________
Corey
curtin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991
I've got Roush ab and they are loins but if you keep the rpms down you can be kinda quite .
Might be looking into other options,they might be just too loud for me. I've watched a lot of vids and leaving for work every mourning at 5:45 am my neighbours might just shoot me. : )
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
I live in ontario and currently have a cat-back borla atak on my 13 v6 which is the loudest exhaust for the stangs legaly, and i have no problem with the police,
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
monkey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21
I live in ontario and currently have a cat-back borla atak on my 13 v6 which is the loudest exhaust for the stangs legaly, and i have no problem with the police,
Where in Ontario??
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Flowmaster 10s

Super loud...
And deep until 4k rpm
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I just did a muffler delete for now but in thinking of getting some flow master 10's and having them installed just after the x-pipe then dumping them.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
I just did a muffler delete for now but in thinking of getting some flow master 10's and having them installed just after the x-pipe then dumping them.
Do it
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I'm going to try and get a quote on it today, if its reasonable ill get it done but if its going to be the same as getting some deletes made then I might just stick with that.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
For those interested... I had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting our not so good friend Jonny Law today. I will say that the information I gathered was not worth the $130 ticket I received, but maybe it will lay some of your worries to rest. As of now I have no mufflers on my car, I literally unbolted them and used exhaust wrap to secure my mid pipe. It pretty obvious that there are no mufflers hanging out the back and the sound is a give away so I was expecting to catch a ticket for my alleged speed and exhaust... Nope, just the speed. He also neglected to say anything about my black tail lights, my black side markers, or my tint that is obviously to dark... Maybe I just got lucky, but for those in central Florida it may be piece of mind.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
For those interested... I had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting our not so good friend Jonny Law today. I will say that the information I gathered was not worth the $130 ticket I received, but maybe it will lay some of your worries to rest. As of now I have no mufflers on my car, I literally unbolted them and used exhaust wrap to secure my mid pipe. It pretty obvious that there are no mufflers hanging out the back and the sound is a give away so I was expecting to catch a ticket for my alleged speed and exhaust... Nope, just the speed. He also neglected to say anything about my black tail lights, my black side markers, or my tint that is obviously to dark... Maybe I just got lucky, but for those in central Florida it may be piece of mind.
I think you were pretty lucky!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.