Just got my leather seats in.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post

Personally I'd never buy a rental car... Did you ever rent a car? How did you drive it? Hard and you didn't care because it wasn't yours... Personal choice but did you get a good deal?
The engine wasn't abused much but my God, they stomped the brakes for ****s and giggles or something. I'm going to need rotors before march because its finally gotten bad enough that you feel it lumping when hot the brakes. But 25k miles and it hasn't had too much abuse with me. Carfax came out clean too. It was a good deal over the 2012 grabber blue in the base package.
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

The engine wasn't abused much but my God, they stomped the brakes for ****s and giggles or something. I'm going to need rotors before march because its finally gotten bad enough that you feel it lumping when hot the brakes. But 25k miles and it hasn't had too much abuse with me. Carfax came out clean too. It was a good deal over the 2012 grabber blue in the base package.
Carfax is a hoax.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #38
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Carfax is a hoax.
Depends on what you use the carfax for. I like to check if a car has been in a wreck. If so, I move to the next. With Mustangs being sold like candy these days, they are plentiful enough that we can afford to walk away from one that's been in an accident. I know this is tough on those that have had their Mustang repaired due to an accident, but unfortunately, that's the way it is.

If I ever did buy one that showed as being in an accident, then it's price would have to be negotiated significantly.
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Well said. I use it for wrecks and service records. Then again anything than that why would you care since you can see it physically.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Well said. I use it for wrecks and service records. Then again anything than that why would you care since you can see it physically.
Because some shops fix it but cover up other ****ed up **** in it... If it been in a wreck then higher chance that happened
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I bought from one of the best dealers in Alabama. I'm 99% sure they didn't screw me over. We bought a ranger in cash and worked deals twice on them. But yeah that can happen because people are evil and money hungry. It's life.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was on a 30 minute lunch just responding, I should have added more detail.

Carfax is only done by people who report it. Essentially, the only way a Carfax is accurate is if the repair shop reports it TO Carfax.

They just made up Carfax and people who do not know about cars or know how to have a used one checked out before purchasing just thought it was an end all be all.

My first car had a few broken things on it. And a Carfax would not have shown any of it. I also as a teenager had a bit of an incident with a curb. My repairs to the body and transmission would have never been on Carfax because it was done by our mechanic, who doesn't spend the money to run a report with so little value.

For a wreck, I see its value. And now, the value has increased because the amount of people who do not know about cars want it, so it is used more. But at the end of the day, Carfax is a service you have to pay to put information on, and pay to get information from. Just a business, and not something that can whole heartedly be trusted. A Carfax will.never take the place of getting it on a lift and giving a mechanic 20$ to look it over with you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I was on a 30 minute lunch just responding, I should have added more detail.

Carfax is only done by people who report it. Essentially, the only way a Carfax is accurate is if the repair shop reports it TO Carfax.

They just made up Carfax and people who do not know about cars or know how to have a used one checked out before purchasing just thought it was an end all be all.

My first car had a few broken things on it. And a Carfax would not have shown any of it. I also as a teenager had a bit of an incident with a curb. My repairs to the body and transmission would have never been on Carfax because it was done by our mechanic, who doesn't spend the money to run a report with so little value.

For a wreck, I see its value. And now, the value has increased because the amount of people who do not know about cars want it, so it is used more. But at the end of the day, Carfax is a service you have to pay to put information on, and pay to get information from. Just a business, and not something that can whole heartedly be trusted. A Carfax will.never take the place of getting it on a lift and giving a mechanic 20$ to look it over with you.

So true. I have fixed plenty of cars that have been in I drank to much wrecks for friend and friends of friends... Its just a program that is based on the honor system. You tell us every thing that you did wrong so we can give you less money...
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrdz View Post

So true. I have fixed plenty of cars that have been in I drank to much wrecks for friend and friends of friends... Its just a program that is based on the honor system. You tell us every thing that you did wrong so we can give you less money...
Yep... They will only report it when an insurance claim is invoked.

Cash transactions = nothing reported.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Yep... They will only report it when an insurance claim is invoked.

Cash transactions = nothing reported.
I do like seeing the cars at dealerships with the clean history reports, then telling the sales guys about the accidents the car has had repaired
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #46
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

I do like seeing the cars at dealerships with the clean history reports, then telling the sales guys about the accidents the car has had repaired
Another problem with reporting to CarFax for dealerships and shops is they want complete access to your CRM. That's a lot of personal information to give up. I like Auto-check from Experian.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post

350 flat
Do they have them in tan leather too? I need to redo my two front seats
Mbojeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbojeh View Post

Do they have them in tan leather too? I need to redo my two front seats
If ur asking about the leather interior he got it from Roush Taje off store on eBay! I can send a link if u want
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

If ur asking about the leather interior he got it from Roush Taje off store on eBay! I can send a link if u want
Yes and please if you don't mind!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbojeh View Post

Yes and please if you don't mind!
No problem man I was the guy who originally gave him the link for his install on his 2013 mustang. Here's the link man. Have a good one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-FORD-MU...item3f1cb24b5e
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

No problem man I was the guy who originally gave him the link for his install on his 2013 mustang. Here's the link man. Have a good one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-FORD-MU...item3f1cb24b5e
Thank you really appreciate
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Yep... had a Mazda 5 I had for a rental. Instant vibration from the wheels. Came back to the rental place, apparently the previous renter had fun using the ebrake to flat spot the tires and play drift king.
lol. i have done that..

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote:
me too!

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I bought from one of the best dealers in Alabama. I'm 99% sure they didn't screw me over. We bought a ranger in cash and worked deals twice on them. But yeah that can happen because people are evil and money hungry. It's life.
That said I know leased cars and people who own their cars that drive them like rentals daily and then trade them in... You never know. I wouldn't worry about it. A test drive and checking the car out inside and out, top to bottom is still the best way to assess cars. Also, rental cars usually have meticulous service records as they cant afford to have them break down... where private owned cars.. ya never know.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Lucky!
Top stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang