Which is the Best Exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
rickyschulze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 24
Which is the Best Exhaust?

I've been looking at different brands and types of exhausts, which do yall have and/or like? This is gunna be my first Mod to my 2013. I personally would like a loud deep sounding one. maybe Borla Atak?
rickyschulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Look on YouTube. There is no best exhaust. Everyone will have diff options

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Opinions*
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
rickyschulze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 24
Yea my mistake, I didn't mean "best" I just want different opinions, since there is so many to choose from, plus everyone on youtube says the video doesnt do the mustang justice and would have to hear it in person.
rickyschulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
I have a cat-back borla atak on my 13 and i love it, is really loud when u step in the gas and at only 3k ur already turning heads
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
rickyschulze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 24
Whats the difference between cat back and axle back?
rickyschulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I believe catbacks are for 04 and under. While axle backs are for 05 and up. Catbacks- starts from the cats therefore catback. Axlebacks- starts after the axle
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Since exhaust note is what everyone has the opinion on, it can come down to price as well. I went to several car shows, examined the exhaust on the Mustangs, and asked the owners to start the engine so I could hear it.
I did this because I made a huge mistake; I bought a set of Roush axle backs (used) from another Mustang site. Had them on my Mustang for about two hours. Off they came. They were obnoxious loud. Since I travel a long daily trip, they were not for me. I promptly sold them, and did the car show method mentioned above. I ended up buying a used set of GT500's off of the same site, and these are the perfect setup for me. Nice rumble at idle, great cruising sound (like stock), and when you stomp the go pedal, they are great. To me, Ford developed these just right. And the best part of these? I only paid 200 bucks, shipped to me. I had to have the mufflers inlet tube modified to fit the V6 tubing, but that's easily done by a muffler shop. Much less that the average $400.00 to $600.00 prices I'm seeing for axle backs these days. More money in my pocket for more mods!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Since exhaust note is what everyone has the opinion on, it can come down to price as well. I went to several car shows, examined the exhaust on the Mustangs, and asked the owners to start the engine so I could hear it.
I did this because I made a huge mistake; I bought a set of Roush axle backs (used) from another Mustang site. Had them on my Mustang for about two hours. Off they came. They were obnoxious loud. Since I travel a long daily trip, they were not for me. I promptly sold them, and did the car show method mentioned above. I ended up buying a used set of GT500's off of the same site, and these are the perfect setup for me. Nice rumble at idle, great cruising sound (like stock), and when you stomp the go pedal, they are great. To me, Ford developed these just right. And the best part of these? I only paid 200 bucks, shipped to me. I had to have the mufflers inlet tube modified to fit the V6 tubing, but that's easily done by a muffler shop. Much less that the average $400.00 to $600.00 prices I'm seeing for axle backs these days. More money in my pocket for more mods!
What year V6? I just bought some gt500 take offs and I'm debating if I should install them or not I got them for cheap
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Are you looking for Loud or just a nice deep sound?

If you are just looking for A nice deeper Mustang Rumble you need to look into the Magnaflow Streets.

On A 2013 V6 you are going to have to get the Cat Backs because Ford decided to change the hangers from what they used on the 2011/2012's.

If you want loud check out the Magnaflow Competition Mufflers. Just about all mufflers are better sounding and louder then the stock one's. It all depends on how bad your Police force is in your area.

I personally did not want super loud or obnoxious so I went with the Magnaflow streets and they do and sound exactly like I wanted. They are nice and deep and really come alive only if I floor it. They have great looking fat tips that fill the area cutout perfect and they are stainless steal.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Personally I like the roush axelbacks, but really depends on what sound your looking for. Check YouTube out it,it will give you a good idea of what might interest you. There are lots of choices and there's no right or wrong! Borla atak and roush are some of the loudest out there! Beware of police and let off whenever you see them!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
You won't really find a "deep" tone with a V6. Any of them can sound deep at idle, but V6s just sound like popcorn at high rpms if you try to get it too deep.

The ATAKs to me sound like a nicely tuned import V6... say a 350/370 note. I find it highly appealing, it's different. The two best sounding ones that don't have that import sound are the Flowmaster Force II and the Magnaflow Streets. They keep the exhaust a round, robust sound without the harshness and pops.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
You won't really find a "deep" tone with a V6. Any of them can sound deep at idle, but V6s just sound like popcorn at high rpms if you try to get it too deep.

The ATAKs to me sound like a nicely tuned import V6... say a 350/370 note. I find it highly appealing, it's different. The two best sounding ones that don't have that import sound are the Flowmaster Force II and the Magnaflow Streets. They keep the exhaust a round, robust sound without the harshness and pops.
Pypes at high rpm sound awesome deep and mean
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
I want the v8 sound at crank up and at that "magic" rpm cruising range a v8 sound and little to no drone. Nothing as bad as roush. What's for me as far as that. I like the magnaflow streets. Jw not jacking too much
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I want the v8 sound at crank up and at that "magic" rpm cruising range a v8 sound and little to no drone. Nothing as bad as roush. What's for me as far as that. I like the magnaflow streets. Jw not jacking too much
Get the Pypes Axlebacks bro look them up for our V6 it's amazing!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
I'm sorry if I sound too forward here, and everyone has their own opinion, but I have the borla ATAK catback on my 12 V6 and it sounds anything but an import. it's loud, mean, and very nice. perfect thing to get if you want to control when to be heard and be sure to be heard
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
I'm sorry if I sound too forward here, and everyone has their own opinion, but I have the borla ATAK catback on my 12 V6 and it sounds anything but an import. it's loud, mean, and very nice. perfect thing to get if you want to control when to be heard and be sure to be heard
Everyone has their own opinions man so no worries
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Everyone has their own opinions man so no worries
true lol
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
What year V6? I just bought some gt500 take offs and I'm debating if I should install them or not I got them for cheap
My Mustang is a 2011. Those GT500's sound great on our V6's; not raspy, not "rice". Good rumple at idle, quiet at cruising speed, and you'll here it when you hit the go pedal, but again, not loud.

You'll need to have the back pipe of your stock V6 mufflers cut off and welded onto the GT500's for them to clamp onto the stock exhaust pipes. below is a pic of what I'm talking about; notice that the muffler shop will slightly expand the stock V6 muffler tube ti weld it onto the gt500 muffler (the shop will cut off the GT500's tube). The V6 has a slightly smaller diameter exhaust tubing, so the V8's are not going to be a direct bolt on. The muffler hangers are all the same, so that part is not an issue. The gt500 tips are larger, so they fill out the tail end opening nicely too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	muffler_weld.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	79509  
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

My Mustang is a 2011. Those GT500's sound great on our V6's; not raspy, not "rice". Good rumple at idle, quiet at cruising speed, and you'll here it when you hit the go pedal, but again, not loud.

You'll need to have the back pipe of your stock V6 mufflers cut off and welded onto the GT500's for them to clamp onto the stock exhaust pipes. below is a pic of what I'm talking about; notice that the muffler shop will slightly expand the stock V6 muffler tube ti weld it onto the gt500 muffler (the shop will cut off the GT500's tube). The V6 has a slightly smaller diameter exhaust tubing, so the V8's are not going to be a direct bolt on. The muffler hangers are all the same, so that part is not an issue. The gt500 tips are larger, so they fill out the tail end opening nicely too.
I was gna do it but ended up just sticking with my Roush Axlebacks, I have 11 5.0 resonators on it anyways so my Roush Axlebacks aren't all raspy
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
I'm sorry if I sound too forward here, and everyone has their own opinion, but I have the borla ATAK catback on my 12 V6 and it sounds anything but an import. it's loud, mean, and very nice. perfect thing to get if you want to control when to be heard and be sure to be heard
Wanna be heard, go straight pipe.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I was gna do it but ended up just sticking with my Roush Axlebacks, I have 11 5.0 resonators on it anyways so my Roush Axlebacks aren't all raspy
What's a resonator? I've heard it thrown around but what are they and where can I find them?
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Wanna be heard, go straight pipe.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------



What's a resonator? I've heard it thrown around but what are they and where can I find them?
Okay resonators are put on 2011+ 5.0's to take their stock exhaust sound, most owners remove them when they put an aftermarket muffler. They cut them off the catback portion of their exhaust and weld in a pipe to replace it. They are great if you wanna take off rasp and high pitch noise from ur exhaust. You can either find them at a muffler shop that's already removed them or you can ask a buddy with a 5.0 if you can have them, they will make his exhaust a tiny bit louder
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
But is it really worth it?
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
But is it really worth it?
Yes!! My exhaust with headers xpipe and Roush AB was ridiculously LOUD and raspy. I put them on and now my car sounds SWEEEEEET!!! Lol nice and deep and loud
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
svilla00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 111
They all good, depends on personal taste really
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by svilla00 View Post
They all good, depends on personal taste really
You said it!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Flow masters!
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
Flow masters!
They rattle like a tin can lol no flowmasters!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigpapaDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 520
I got flowmasters on mine but they tend to suit old school muscle, if that's what you want as a sound the super44's are amazing. Just loud enough and not too expensive.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Magnaflow Magnapacks!!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigpapaDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean View Post
I got flowmasters on mine but they tend to suit old school muscle, if that's what you want as a sound the super44's are amazing. Just loud enough and not too expensive.
Here's my link: http://youtu.be/JqLY8iZIERY

It sounds a little louder cause the car is parked in an indoor parking.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Flowmaster 10s
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
NickAP12589's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean View Post

Here's my link: http://youtu.be/JqLY8iZIERY

It sounds a little louder cause the car is parked in an indoor parking.
My Gawd! Thats beautiful...
NickAP12589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Check out this video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/lNNn-U2yDqk

My only vids are exhaust vids, check them out
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

They rattle like a tin can lol no flowmasters!
Flowmasters are supposed to pop, gargle and rattle. I like them just not on the new engine
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Listen to the Force II. Those don't pop and gargle like the 2 chambers. Listen to this one, pretty sure this is pwrdby4d's car.

2013 mustang V6 Flowmaster forceII - YouTube
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:03 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.