Rough idle aka rpm drops - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Rough idle aka rpm drops

So after installation of my BBK LT Headers, Catted X-Pipe, my car would drop the rpm low about 450RPM then jump to 650 then 450 and back and forth for a couple times before the car like fixes itself. It gets so low the car shakes and feels like it's gna die on me. I got a tuner and tuned it properly and yet the rough idle problem is still there. It's not as bad and gets fixed sooner but still there. I went into the tuner and changed the idle rpm to 750 to try and fix it. It's better but yet again still the problem persists. I'm going to call Bamma tomorrow and hopefully they can fix my problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the headers.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
the same thing will happen to mine and its bone stock
howsit stangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Instead of tuning it, pull the PCM fuse and wait a few minutes, pop it back in and turn the car one with the A/C and headlights on and let it idle for a few minutes. It'll let the computer relearn the idle a bit. I don't know how finicky these cars are, but my 2dr Stratus (Eclipse) I had was very particular about it. If you didn't let it idle after taking a battery out or something, it'd want to die any time you can to a stop and pushed the clutch in.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
Instead of tuning it, pull the PCM fuse and wait a few minutes, pop it back in and turn the car one with the A/C and headlights on and let it idle for a few minutes. It'll let the computer relearn the idle a bit. I don't know how finicky these cars are, but my 2dr Stratus (Eclipse) I had was very particular about it. If you didn't let it idle after taking a battery out or something, it'd want to die any time you can to a stop and pushed the clutch in.
+1
It is recommended that you let your car idle for 5 min with accessories off then 5 more min with the AC on full to allow the ecu to relearn idle. Give this a try, it should fix the problem. If not then I would talk to Bama as you had said.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos
So after installation of my BBK LT Headers, Catted X-Pipe, my car would drop the rpm low about 450RPM then jump to 650 then 450 and back and forth for a couple times before the car like fixes itself. It gets so low the car shakes and feels like it's gna die on me. I got a tuner and tuned it properly and yet the rough idle problem is still there. It's not as bad and gets fixed sooner but still there. I went into the tuner and changed the idle rpm to 750 to try and fix it. It's better but yet again still the problem persists. I'm going to call Bamma tomorrow and hopefully they can fix my problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the headers.
I thought you already had that installed
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I thought you already had that installed
Dude I've had them for about two months but I'd figure it would have fixed itself with the tune I just got recently bro

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post

+1
It is recommended that you let your car idle for 5 min with accessories off then 5 more min with the AC on full to allow the ecu to relearn idle. Give this a try, it should fix the problem. If not then I would talk to Bama as you had said.
I've done the idle relearn procedure, doesn't help...

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I've never heard of taking out the fuse, I've done the idle relearn trick not the fuse. Which is the fuse lol?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So I called bamma and they seemed puzzled as to what happened -___- they just said to check my intake and sensor for a leak when I told the guy multiple times I already checked it. Gna go do a curtesy check for them and gna call back.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I called bamma and they seemed puzzled as to what happened -___- they just said to check my intake and sensor for a leak when I told the guy multiple times I already checked it. Gna go do a curtesy check for them and gna call back.
I'd be pissed.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd be pissed.
Yea, I'm like wtf
Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea, I'm like wtf
Maybe they think you are a GA fan. Haha all jokes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe they think you are a GA fan. Haha all jokes
Lmao!!! Hahahaha they told me to do a can reset lol I was like wait what? Hahaha apparently I turn my high beams on, unplug my battery for a few minutes and then turn them off plug the bat back in and do the idle relearn procedure

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang