six speed exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
six speed exhaust

I have noticed that my exhaust is different from all of the other 13 mustangs that I am seeing on the road or parked at the store. All of the other ones have a pipe inside of the tip, and mine doesn't. I have also seen that all of them have been automatics. is there a difference between them all the time and i have just never noticed or is this a new thing? my muffler says Ford on it and i got the car with 15 miles on it so no one has messed with it. just curious.
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrdz View Post
I have noticed that my exhaust is different from all of the other 13 mustangs that I am seeing on the road or parked at the store. All of the other ones have a pipe inside of the tip, and mine doesn't. I have also seen that all of them have been automatics. is there a difference between them all the time and i have just never noticed or is this a new thing? my muffler says Ford on it and i got the car with 15 miles on it so no one has messed with it. just curious.
Mine is the same as yours and I have wondered the same thing. Do you have the performance package? I do and am thinking it has to do with that.
NickAP12589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Not to my knowledge, my car was the cheapest on the lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

post a picture im pretty sure i know what youre talking about
howsit stangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yep! Auto's have different mufflers/tips. I've paid attention to this since day one. If you see a big open exhaust tip, it's a manual. The smaller pipe with a larger one encasing it is an auto. Whatever the difference is, manual exhaust is a bit more robust and exhibits a bit more gurgle and pop when you let off the gas compared to autos.

Autos and manuals come with different tires too.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

its like ford wants people to buy manual because they know theyre 1000000% more badass
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsit stangin View Post
its like ford wants people to buy manual because they know theyre 1000000% more badass
My auto is badass....
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

My auto is badass....
haha i mean no disrespect im sure it is but theres less hp loss and it seems to be better equipped out the gate when i comes to manual. plus i love having a manual driving feels so much more involved
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

haha i mean no disrespect im sure it is but theres less hp loss and it seems to be better equipped out the gate when i comes to manual. plus i love having a manual driving feels so much more involved
Hahaha it's all good, here in EP my v6 is the fastest so far. I keep up with 5.0' s for a bit unlike my friend that just gets murdered by them lol
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Hahaha it's all good, here in EP my v6 is the fastest so far. I keep up with 5.0' s for a bit unlike my friend that just gets murdered by them lol
what mods do you have?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

what mods do you have?
You know the project car on AM, I have basically all the mods except the procharger lol

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote:

what mods do you have?
I'm gna go with a turbo kit from hellion
Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Not true for all cases. In an automatic, the shifts are at the same time/rpm range; in other words, consistant. With a standard, there's always going to be the possibility of a missed shift.

To each his or her own. I hope this thread or the forum does not lead into a manual verses automatic, or V8 verses V6. I left another popular Mustang forum because of this. This site has a huge promise of everyone getting along, and enjoying what it's all about: Mustangs, and sharing good info among us all.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well said Bucko

He said:
Quote:
I hope this thread or the forum does not lead into a manual verses automatic, or V8 verses V6
The big problem is that any forum you go to, Be it the Corvette forum, Civic forum, Camaro Forum etc. you will run into this type of discussion.

The truth is that both transmissions are very good and one is not really better then the other. It boils down to what a person likes.

As far as A V6 against having a V8 ---You can't compare. I personally love my 305 HP V6 due to 1/2 the cost of insurance and the better MPG. With my Magnaflow streets and me removing the pie plate on the deck lid just about everybody automatically thinks my Mustang is A V8 anyway.

Would I rather have a V8 ??? Of course I would but can't afford the costs involved. Do I love My V6??? YES, I do. It is a great engine and has great performance. Would I want A Manual transmission, (HELL NO) Only if I had the Shelby Super Snake I want would I want the Manual transmission.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

What mods do you have, a kid yesterday wanted to race me with his 2000 trans am (at the track or course) and as soon as he said he murdered mustangd and hits 14 in the 1/4 and that his transmission is going out I just laugh and ignored.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Not true for all cases. In an automatic, the shifts are at the same time/rpm range; in other words, consistant. With a standard, there's always going to be the possibility of a missed shift.

To each his or her own. I hope this thread or the forum does not lead into a manual verses automatic, or V8 verses V6. I left another popular Mustang forum because of this. This site has a huge promise of everyone getting along, and enjoying what it's all about: Mustangs, and sharing good info among us all.
+1
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
He said:

The big problem is that any forum you go to, Be it the Corvette forum, Civic forum, Camaro Forum etc. you will run into this type of discussion.

The truth is that both transmissions are very good and one is not really better then the other. It boils down to what a person likes.

As far as A V6 against having a V8 ---You can't compare. I personally love my 305 HP V6 due to 1/2 the cost of insurance and the better MPG. With my Magnaflow streets and me removing the pie plate on the deck lid just about everybody automatically thinks my Mustang is A V8 anyway.

Would I rather have a V8 ??? Of course I would but can't afford the costs involved. Do I love My V6??? YES, I do. It is a great engine and has great performance. Would I want A Manual transmission, (HELL NO) Only if I had the Shelby Super Snake I want would I want the Manual transmission.

Ronnie
i have the same car in white. gotta love that paint stripe and the wheels. oh and what do you think about the magnaflows? are they competition or street? ive finally narrowed my exhaust choices down from the millions of choices to flowmaster and magnaflow and im trying to make the decision
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
He said:

As far as A V6 against having a V8 ---You can't compare. I personally love my 305 HP V6 due to 1/2 the cost of insurance and the better MPG.
Ronnie
I agree, I love having my six speed, but I would not mind an auto.

and I really do like my V6. This is my first V6 ever. I have had a V8 and more than my fair share of four bangers, and this one feels and sounds great. I was a little worried about being bored with this car but it has been nothing but fun so far. (haha today is a full week since I bought the car, I haven't driven it today and it has 742.9 miles on it.

My insurance is already high with this car and I don't want to even think about gas mileage, but if I had the extra cash I would like a GT or better.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi howsit

I have the "STREETS" I get a very nice rumble out of them and they are not loud and obnoxious sounding. I have breakfast with a Bunch of street rodders on Saturday mornings and when I start my car to leave someone always remarks how nothing sounds as good as A mustang. They all think my car is A V8. Nobody ever asks so I just don't say anything.

I got involved because my brother has a couple of 32 Ford hot rods.

He once had a 1969 Mach one 428 cobra jet with the shaker hood. He wishes he still had it.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post

What mods do you have, a kid yesterday wanted to race me with his 2000 trans am (at the track or course) and as soon as he said he murdered mustangd and hits 14 in the 1/4 and that his transmission is going out I just laugh and ignored.
Almost all the mods that the AM V6 project car has Minus the procharger kit
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Almost all the mods that the AM V6 project car has Minus the procharger kit
Sweet basicly what I an going for only thing stoppibg me is the warranty I dont trust the mt82 lol
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sweet basicly what I an going for only thing stoppibg me is the warranty I dont trust the mt82 lol
Lol I beat ford at the voiding warranty part. It was a ***** and took two months and a lawyer but I was able to do it.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I beat ford at the voiding warranty part. It was a ***** and took two months and a lawyer but I was able to do it.
Gimme tips lol I need them ived had bad luck with dealership work
Old 12-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gimme tips lol I need them ived had bad luck with dealership work
Find a lawyer that does warranty and deals with companies and tell for how from the magnuson warranty act they have to specifically prove that any mods done to ur car voids ur whole car and caused all if any problems with your car. They can't say ur CAI and full exhaust broke your reclining chair or mirror lol

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Find a lawyer that does warranty and deals with companies and tell for how from the magnuson warranty act they have to specifically prove that any mods done to ur car voids ur whole car and caused all if any problems with your car. They can't say ur CAI and full exhaust broke your reclining chair or mirror lol
And do be a dick with them be cool and talk to them first!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

And do be a dick with them be cool and talk to them first!
Thanks man appreciate it lol its my first car and I am paying for it good to know this stuff
Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks man appreciate it lol its my first car and I am paying for it good to know this stuff
Yea for now don't even mess with ford! Get ur oil changed at Walmart and just keep ur receipts and make copies because if anything goes wrong ford wants copies or they will think you didn't manage ur engine. And you can always just put stock parts if u HAVE to go to ford lol
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Yep! Auto's have different mufflers/tips. I've paid attention to this since day one. If you see a big open exhaust tip, it's a manual. The smaller pipe with a larger one encasing it is an auto. Whatever the difference is, manual exhaust is a bit more robust and exhibits a bit more gurgle and pop when you let off the gas compared to autos.

Autos and manuals come with different tires too.
Wow! I didn't know that. My manual came with b.f goodwrench. What do the autos come with?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Michelin

Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
He said:

Ronnie
Really? Hell no to a manual? To each their own!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Opps, I'm not going to start the manual vs auto war...its overkill! They are both amazing! : )

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Opps, I'm not going to start the manual vs auto war...its overkill! They are both amazing! : )
Maybe the 2015 should be a cvt! Lol
Old 12-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Dual clutch auto maybe... CVTs can't handle power yet.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Dual clutch auto maybe... CVTs can't handle power yet.
NO CVT! .......LIKE EVER!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Dont worry guys ill start the war,,,
Stick: auto sucks
Auto: stick sucks
Stick: its a lazy person way to go
Auto: in the middle of the night tired out an auto is just go
Stick: yeah but with stick I control my revs
Auto: auto doesn't miss
Stick: your mom doesn't miss
Auto: yeah cause she's a girl
Stick: ok so stick is way better, I dont need a stall to jump
Auto: if you dump the clutch too fast you'll snap something or spin forever
Stick: exactly I can spin whenever
Auto: your a moron, look at drag racers auto all the way buddy
Stick: hold on,,,,,
1 month goes by
Stick: ok im back
Auto learning to shift?
Stick: no stealing your auto trans
Auto: ?
Stick: I went auto
Auto: better?
Stick-auto: worse
Auto: why so?
Stick-auto: doesn't feel the same
Auto: and whys that?
Stick-auto: miss my clutch pedal
Auto: less movement
Stick-auto: true
So all in all moral of the story is there both good, just preference ÷]
:RTW:
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
1 month goes by
Auto learning to shift?
Lmao that was amazing!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1 month goes by
Auto learning to shift?
Funnest reply I've ever read! Brilliant!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1 month goes by
Auto learning to shift?
Lmfao nice lol
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
1 month goes by
Auto learning to shift?
I love my Michelins !
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust