Hi flow cats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hi flow cats

Anyone else have their dealer telling them even if you put hi flow cats in to replace the normal ones you will void your warranty? Mine won't tell me why and it's really annoying. They are legal and pass emissions testing so I don't see why it'll void my warranty?
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr
Anyone else have their dealer telling them even if you put hi flow cats in to replace the normal ones you will void your warranty? Mine won't tell me why and it's really annoying. They are legal and pass emissions testing so I don't see why it'll void my warranty?
Mine says even Axlebacks can void the warranty. Of course not the entire warranty. But mufflers can effect the drive train. Changing mufflers and or air cleaners to Hiflow can cause a too rich or too lean intake condition causing fowled plugs, burnt pistons and valves. Even with variable timing. Thus why a tune may be needed and a tune out of factory settings can void your warranty. If the dealer can prove any vhanges caused a failure youre screwed. Unless you have alot of money to hire a lawyer to prove otherwise. Not likely propey designed axlebacks will cause a problem. Just sayin what you could be facing. Muffler deletes are definately not a good idea.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr View Post

Mattmyr,

When you're flowing that much more exhaust, it does make your engine run a leaner, but it should compensate with extra fuel. Once it learns, it will be fine until you lose battery voltage and the Keep Alive Memory (KAM) is wiped. Your Dealer doesn't want to have to deal with any consequences that could come from there, so they're playing it safe. Which, is smart to do for any business, really.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have been reading a lot of post talking about dealers telling you what you can't put on the cars. Are you guys talking to the service people or the salesmen? The day I bought my car I asked the sales man and he told me anything that I put on the car that's aftermarket beyond an muffler and an intake will void my warranty. That same day I went and talked to the manager of the service department told me as long as I keep the stock parts and bring the car in with them I will be fine. He said even if my aftermarket parts messed it up they can't prove it if it has a stock part when I bring it in.
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang