Yet another exhaust thead/poll - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
As stated, Borla is awesome, but not for the price.
I don't see how you would want any other sound regardless of money. it's perfect.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I've had both and I say the magnaflows. I sent my flowmasters back after a week. Waaay too much popping
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
As stated, Borla is awesome, but not for the price.
That's why I'm steering away and my dad would throw a fit everyday. He hates his.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488 View Post
I've had both and I say the magnaflows. I sent my flowmasters back after a week. Waaay too much popping
I've had the flowmasters on an older v6. I like the popping but I only spent about $200 for a true dual conversion and an X pipe. But when it comes to $400+ I'd rather just spend that money once. How are your mags?
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

That's why I'm steering away and my dad would throw a fit everyday. He hates his.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I've had the flowmasters on an older v6. I like the popping but I only spent about $200 for a true dual conversion and an X pipe. But when it comes to $400+ I'd rather just spend that money once. How are your mags?
Love em. I paid 400 for mine. They don't sound ricey like some of the more expensive ones. They don't have any of the annoying drone either. Very livable for a daily driver but yet still sound reeeallly good at wot. It's about as close to a v8 sound as I've heard on these v6s
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #75

Region: Nevada
Hey guys, first post here on the forums. I'm surprised to see that I don't see a lot about the exhaust I bought. It's the Dynomax 39507 catback, for V6. I ordered it because it was so cheap - I paid $320 SHIPPED, for a 2.5 mandrel-bent stainless system. I honestly was expecting it to be ridiculously loud because it's almost straight-through the mufflers, but once I got it installed ($70) I was really happy with it. The only reason I went with it over competitors is because I didn't feel like paying twice the price for the same product, and you can return it if for any reason you aren't satisfied, and I think they even reimburse you 50 dollars for the install cost.

I'm certainly no exhaust expert, but it seems pretty high quality. Honestly, I didn't like my new car until I got it installed, it really sounds good and not at all raspy. You can't really install it yourself unless you have a lift, but I would assume that's the same for all catbacks. Significantly lighter over the stock system - that was a nice bonus. Glad to be on the forums.

Here's a short video I took when I first got it installed. I'm new to manual so please don't make fun of me :3. You'll notice the mufflers are angled but I actually like how it looks. The sound seems to have changed a bit and opened up more. Like I said, it's really pretty quiet so it's great for someone who wants a better tone without trying to scream 'look at my v6'.

edit: I just watched the video with laptop speakers and you can't tell at all the difference in lower tone. Use headphones or decent speakers for best effect

And a quick video I shot of mid-range acceleration with my old 2.73 gears, I THINK the windows were open but I'm not sure:

Fizzlemizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizzle View Post
Hey guys, first post here on the forums. I'm surprised to see that I don't see a lot about the exhaust I bought. It's the Dynomax 39507 catback, for V6. I ordered it because it was so cheap - I paid $320 SHIPPED, for a 2.5 mandrel-bent stainless system. I honestly was expecting it to be ridiculously loud because it's almost straight-through the mufflers, but once I got it installed ($70) I was really happy with it. The only reason I went with it over competitors is because I didn't feel like paying twice the price for the same product, and you can return it if for any reason you aren't satisfied, and I think they even reimburse you 50 dollars for the install cost.

I'm certainly no exhaust expert, but it seems pretty high quality. Honestly, I didn't like my new car until I got it installed, it really sounds good and not at all raspy. You can't really install it yourself unless you have a lift, but I would assume that's the same for all catbacks. Significantly lighter over the stock system - that was a nice bonus. Glad to be on the forums.

Here's a short video I took when I first got it installed. I'm new to manual so please don't make fun of me :3. You'll notice the mufflers are angled but I actually like how it looks. The sound seems to have changed a bit and opened up more. Like I said, it's really pretty quiet so it's great for someone who wants a better tone without trying to scream 'look at my v6'.

edit: I just watched the video with laptop speakers and you can't tell at all the difference in lower tone. Use headphones or decent speakers for best effect

And a quick video I shot of mid-range acceleration with my old 2.73 gears, I THINK the windows were open but I'm not sure:

It sounds pretty damn nice man
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
It sounds pretty damn nice man
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I realize my post seems like I work for that company but really I just couldn't be happier with it. Now I get to install my tune today... I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up but at the least it will correct my speedometer which is wildly off after switching to 3.73 gears. I haven't experience any drone, not anything at cruising RPMs anyway.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I realize my post seems like I work for that company but really I just couldn't be happier with it. Now I get to install my tune today... I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up but at the least it will correct my speedometer which is wildly off after switching to 3.73 gears. I haven't experience any drone, not anything at cruising RPMs anyway.
Yea I just bought some new gears. My setup has drone around 1700-2000 rpm
Old 12-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #79

Quote:
Yea I just bought some new gears. My setup has drone around 1700-2000 rpm
What did you buy?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What did you buy?
BBK Headers, Catted X-Pipe, Resonators, Roush custom catback. When I say custom I mean 3' piping
Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #81

Quote:
BBK Headers, Catted X-Pipe, Resonators, Roush custom catback. When I say custom I mean 3' piping
Is that your daily driver? Must be pretty damn loud.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is that your daily driver? Must be pretty damn loud.
Haha yea my daily driver, it's loud when I go over 3k rpm anything below is deep loud so not annoying
Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
I don't see how you would want any other sound regardless of money. it's perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
if price wasn't the problem what would you get.
I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else, but if price wasn't the problem I think we'd all be driving 5.0s. The Borlas are nice but I think they're a pretty bad value.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488 View Post

Love em. I paid 400 for mine. They don't sound ricey like some of the more expensive ones. They don't have any of the annoying drone either. Very livable for a daily driver but yet still sound reeeallly good at wot. It's about as close to a v8 sound as I've heard on these v6s
400, what a deal!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I swapped comps (full muffler delete versions) out for a set of Force II's. I got them for I was looking at the Street series and the Force II pretty much exclusively. I will say I am really happy with the decision. I have been to a few cruise in's and to tell you the truth I dont hear too much difference between the two at idle. The Flowmasters gurgle on decel and have a little pop to them and on accel trumpet a bit. They are a bit more open sounding. The Magnaflows trumpet a bit more on decel and accel with no pop and have a more muffled sound. Other than that they sound very similar to my ears. I like the gurgle on decel.

I got my Force II set for I think $280 off of ebay A/M page. That was when they sold for $425. Now they sell for over $500.

Also, The flows only pop on decel when you are really into the gas. Not at anything really below 3K RPM. As I put more milage on them they got even deeper and less pop.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust