Performance Pkge owners - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Performance Pkge owners

Do you have a engine 'beauty' cover like below pics ??,
reason I'm asking is because I believe I'm missing mine !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lrs-6041c-k_4748.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	80558  
Attached Images

bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yup I have mine. Is your car brand new? Sounds like they screwed ya maybe. .
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
If he has an Auto, it's normal. Only manual trans guys get the engine cover... says so in the catalog and on the website when you option it.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have mine but like he said I'm a manual
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I believe Performance pack only came in a manual
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nope, I have a performance package and I have an auto. But ya I don't have the cool engine cover either but it's cool
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr
Nope, I have a performance package and I have an auto. But ya I don't have the cool engine cover either but it's cool
You can buy it online somewhere if you really want it. I have seen them for sale just don't remember where.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It feels cooler than it looks. Sounds strange but its made with a strange gel in it. It's sorta squishy . I make everyone squeeze it.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig
It feels cooler than it looks. Sounds strange but its made with a strange gel in it. It's sorta squishy . I make everyone squeeze it.
Lol I've done that
Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
It's sorta squishy . I make everyone squeeze it.
He says that to strangers on the street...

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

^ Lmao
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was hoping for a "that's what she said"
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Lol
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys for the replies, I have a auto, so I guess I am not missing one, just wanted to know if I was duped by the dealership.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Since I now have all the 2013 v6 PP people on one thread. I have a man tranny. A few questions I haven't yet got answers for:
1. How do u feel about the stock pickup? I floor it and on higher gears at 2-3k revs there's no acceleration
2. Gas mileage sucks for me. I'm getting 21mpg total about 60% highway
3. I put in a CAI from airaid a month ago and I feel NO difference in throttle response.
4. Is it worth getting upgraded suspension package on AM because the PP already has suspension improvements
5. Getting the magnaflow street exhaust catback so that should Help a little. I heard from AM the 2013 v6 improved the size of the stock piping size from the catalytic converter to the muffler. I'm hoping that the new 2.5 diameter piping in the exhaust I'm getting will be an upgrade from stock
6. Has anybody brought a Bama tuned car back to the dealership for claiming some warranty issues. I read on other posts certain dealerships will care others won't. Just curious in ur experiences. Ill probably still get a tune after my first oil change at 5k miles
7. I'm goin synthetic. Heard from my mechanic that he can tell if a car uses synthetic or not just by looking at the sludge. anybody agree disagree?

Thanks in advance.
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr View Post
+1

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
I was hoping for a "that's what she said"
Bahahah
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg
Since I now have all the 2013 v6 PP people on one thread. I have a man tranny. A few questions I haven't yet got answers for:
1. How do u feel about the stock pickup? I floor it and on higher gears at 2-3k revs there's no acceleration
3. I put in a CAI from airaid a month ago and I feel NO difference in throttle response.
4. Is it worth getting upgraded suspension package on AM because the PP already has suspension improvements
5. Getting the magnaflow street exhaust catback so that should Help a little. I heard from AM the 2013 v6 improved the size of the stock piping size from the catalytic converter to the muffler. I'm hoping that the new 2.5 diameter piping in the exhaust I'm getting will be an upgrade from stock
6. Has anybody brought a Bama tuned car back to the dealership for claiming some warranty issues. I read on other posts certain dealerships will care others won't. Just curious in ur experiences. Ill probably still get a tune after my first oil change at 5k miles
7. I'm goin synthetic. Heard from my mechanic that he can tell if a car uses synthetic or not just by looking at the sludge. anybody agree disagree?

Thanks in advance.
1. It's called downshifting. you should have some acceleration but at low rpms you just don't have much torque.
2. On the mpg I'm confused bc I drive like a bat out of Hell and 75% city driving and I still get 25+/- mpg. Might want to make sure your Cai is installed correctly and definitely need to get a tune from Bama .
3. Throttle response is also mostly tune.
4. I would not get the upgraded suspension . Waste of money imo.
5. Not sure on the diameter of the exhaust but any exhaust should improve flow.
6. You can always retune back to stock on the programmer.
7. I always use motorcraft synthetic blend oil.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post

Thanks in advance.

1- These are high revving motors. They make all the power up high. Nature of high output, low displacement engine.
2- If you want gas mileage, shift before you hit 2k rpms and never go above it. You'll see an improvement.
3- Never noticed throttle response with my intake either. But it makes the engine sound 100x cooler.
4- The PP suspension is just nicer swaybars and GT springs. It's an upgrade from stock, but barely. Do you really need a nicer suspension though?
5- Exhaust has super low money/hp ratio. These cars are pretty damn good from the factory. You'd just gain benefit from losing the weight of the stock muffs really. I think factory piping is already 2.5".
6- Nope.
7- Synthetic oils are a lot cleaner. I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic with my first oil change and will stick with it.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post

Thanks in advance.

1. Mine accelerates just fine, no lag
2. Gas mileage sucks !, I have not had a tank average more than 21 MPG
3. IMHO CAI's are a waste of money
4. Why??, suspension is just fine, that why you paid the extra $$ for the PP
5. Planning on getting the Roush axle backs in the spring
6. no tune for me, voids warranties
7. Planning on going synthetic at my first oil change
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

You can buy it online somewhere if you really want it. I have seen them for sale just don't remember where.
Blue oval industries.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Why do we worry about warranties when most stuff fails early on? I'm just curious as to why everyone shys away from tuners and stuff they help the car for the most part. I have no warranty as of 2 months ago
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I had a '10 Malibu I got with 8k on it. It had to have the whole steering column replaced at 25k~ miles because it couldn't detect the steering wheel position for stability control. As it was starting to go out of warranty, the transmission was starting to surge. Yep, really golden car there.

I don't think many people have issues with the Mustang out of the ordinary. Our V6s have held up very well over the past 3 years they've been implemented. My only qualm is long term durability of the DMF and MT82's bearings. I would not want to void the powertrain warranty for that reason.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I had a '10 Malibu I got with 8k on it. It had to have the whole steering column replaced at 25k~ miles because it couldn't detect the steering wheel position for stability control. As it was starting to go out of warranty, the transmission was starting to surge. Yep, really golden car there.

I don't think many people have issues with the Mustang out of the ordinary. Our V6s have held up very well over the past 3 years they've been implemented. My only qualm is long term durability of the DMF and MT82's bearings. I would not want to void the powertrain warranty for that reason.
I've got an automatic and by the time Im in the market for a car again ill be getting a 5.0 used 2013. If its held up by then, then its good for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Only 21 mpg?? I get 26 - 28 mpg w/ the PP and MT.
Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #25
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Ebay has then all the time. Around 50 bucks when they are on a used price auction.

New they are around $150.00.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard07 View Post
Only 21 mpg?? I get 26 - 28 mpg w/ the PP and MT.
Avg speed is 65-70 mph, I'm not stomping on it and my one way trip is 22 miles !
best I have seen so far 21.6
My Vette does 26 mpg !!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have a 2012 v6PP with manual tranny and I was having the same complaints. I didn't want to keep it high in the rpm range so I finally said screw the warranty and haven't had problems so far. I did the Airraid cai, magnaflow street axle back kit, aluminum drive shaft, and bama tune. I run it with the 93 octane performance tune all the time and love my car now. All of those mods together made it a much more fun car. Throttle response is a million times better. I get plenty of torque between two and three thousand rpm. If I go above that it turns into a beast. I highly recommend it. As far as the suspension goes, I did install the eibach pro street coil overs and bmr adjustable panhard bar. I hated the way it was sitting up like a 4x4. It looks a lot better, handles a lot better, and got rid of the majority of body roll and bounciness it had. Yes a few of these items were a little pricey but in the end I'm glad I did it.
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488 View Post
I have a 2012 v6PP with manual tranny and I was having the same complaints. I didn't want to keep it high in the rpm range so I finally said screw the warranty and haven't had problems so far. I did the Airraid cai, magnaflow street axle back kit, aluminum drive shaft, and bama tune. I run it with the 93 octane performance tune all the time and love my car now. All of those mods together made it a much more fun car. Throttle response is a million times better. I get plenty of torque between two and three thousand rpm. If I go above that it turns into a beast. I highly recommend it. As far as the suspension goes, I did install the eibach pro street coil overs and bmr adjustable panhard bar. I hated the way it was sitting up like a 4x4. It looks a lot better, handles a lot better, and got rid of the majority of body roll and bounciness it had. Yes a few of these items were a little pricey but in the end I'm glad I did it.
Wow Dave. Thanks for that. I feel a lot better that someone else has the same issues. How do u feel about the 87 tune?

I was getting this mpg number before the cai. And I'm not pushing it. I shift around 2k rpms

Speaking of shifting. Does anybody even use 1st gear? Lol

Thanks for the responses all
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg

Wow Dave. Thanks for that. I feel a lot better that someone else has the same issues. How do u feel about the 87 tune?

I was getting this mpg number before the cai. And I'm not pushing it. I shift around 2k rpms

Speaking of shifting. Does anybody even use 1st gear? Lol

Thanks for the responses all
Haha and that's a VERY good question about 1st gear. I hardly ever use it. Mainly only at red lights but that is a rare occurrence maybe 1-2 a day.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The tuner has three tunes set up with whatever octane you would like to use. I put 93 octane in mine anyways so I had them do both my performance and race tune with 93 octane and my street tune with 87. It's not bad but for the way I drive I prefer that extra little pull at that rpm range. You'd just have to try them all and see which one you like best
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
The tuner has three tunes set up with whatever octane you would like to use. I put 93 octane in mine anyways so I had them do both my performance and race tune with 93 octane and my street tune with 87. It's not bad but for the way I drive I prefer that extra little pull at that rpm range. You'd just have to try them all and see which one you like best
It's there honestly that much of a difference in the performance from 89-93? I'm just curious. I get my tuner today and I haven't quite decided if I should even run 93 because its my dd and I work 10 min from my house.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I get a little bit better gas mileage when I run with 93. I can feel a difference in performance but I'm probably a little more picky than your average driver haha.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
I get a little bit better gas mileage when I run with 93. I can feel a difference in performance but I'm probably a little more picky than your average driver haha.
With different tunes or the same tune? It's obvious that 93 will always get better mpg bc there is more octane in it. Im really lookin at performance gains not so much mpg. I will probably lose mpg if I go with 93 race tune
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
With different tunes or the same tune? It's obvious that 93 will always get better mpg bc there is more octane in it. Im really lookin at performance gains not so much mpg. I will probably lose mpg if I go with 93 race tune
Not unless you're running a tune. If the 3.7 is stock, run the 87 octane. No more performance or MPG can be seen running higher octane, unless there are mods you have requiring it.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

You can select which octane to run with each individual tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang