Max speed on a 2013 v6? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but he's wrong.
Your own risk. I'm just saying, Ford has already issued a tsb concerning the 5.0 mod issues, 11-7-7, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll also find one for the 3.7. This has been an on going debate across many different forums. I wanted to go 3.73 but decided to wait out the warranty because it requires a tune,or at least wait to near the end of it. I don't have the money to fight it out in court if it ever came to that! Not to mention it would be a lengthy wait time to get your ride fixed whatever the outcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Your own risk. I'm just saying, Ford has already issued a tsb concerning the 5.0 mod issues, 11-7-7, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll also find one for the 3.7. This has been an on going debate across many different forums. I wanted to go 3.73 but decided to wait out the warranty because it requires a tune,or at least wait to near the end of it. I don't have the money to fight it out in court if it ever came to that! Not to mention it would be a lengthy wait time to get your ride fixed whatever the outcome.
You can't be afraid, that is the problem with big corporations. If you knew the law, it wouldn't even be a question. Mod it how you like, then when they tell you the warranty is void at your next service, stick to your guns and tell them they are wrong, and federal law states that it does not void the warranty. Of course they are going to lie and try to weasel out of paying, that's how they make profits lol

After all of that, if they still refuse, ask for the manager, and utter the words "deceptive trade practice", and "better business bureau" if the manager/owner is smart, he'll immediately pull your car around personally supervise the work himself. He may even give you a discount!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can't be afraid, that is the problem with big corporations. If you knew the law, it wouldn't even be a question. Mod it how you like, then when they tell you the warranty is void at your next service, stick to your guns and tell them they are wrong, and federal law states that it does not void the warranty. Of course they are going to lie and try to weasel out of paying, that's how they make profits lol

After all of that, if they still refuse, ask for the manager, and utter the words "deceptive trade practice", and "better business bureau" if the manager/owner is smart, he'll immediately pull your car around personally supervise the work himself. He may even give you a discount!
I'm VERY afraid........of my wife if I had warranty issues.Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm VERY afraid........of my wife if I had warranty issues.Lol.
lol
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol
Did you get a chance to look at fords tsb? What's your take on it, is it legal? It seems to be a pretty bold statement.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Can you send me a link plz

btw. Are you in Canada? I just checked out your profile. If so, the laws may be different there as far as warranties. I'm talking about U.S. federal law, not international.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

You know you don't have to mess with the engine and can just re do your gearing aspect of the tuner
Old 12-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Well, unfortunately, once you tune it the whole PCM file has been altered and I doubt Ford cares whether you changed one or two pieces, seeing as you changed the whole. Yeah, it's not totally fair, but if you want warranty work done on the engine, trans, or driveshaft, just don't tune it. If you do tune it, good luck and don't say we didn't warn you. I think that pretty much sums it up.

Back to the driveshaft: Your driveshaft has 3 weak points that can wear; two u-joints, one cv-joint. It can pop or have a feeling of delay when accelerating/decelerating if they are worn. I'm sure abuse can exaggerate the issue. I'm curious if it's possible to run a 1pc sold driveshaft on these cars. It would be cheaper and stronger, but it seems everyone runs a cv-joint.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

btw. Are you in Canada? I just checked out your profile. If so, the laws may be different there as far as warranties. I'm talking about U.S. federal law, not international.
What federal law are you referring to?

Edit: for me personally, it is not worth fighting Ford. i bought the extended warranty, and it is a daily driver. If I had a problem, my only car would be shut down until I either paid it, or it all got resolved. For others in my boat, they may feel the same.

So I do not want to say that people are afraid, so much as they may be like me and not feel it is worth it. Countless people on here have brought up a lot about how non Ford tunes void the warranty for what can be tune related.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just explaining that making a claim like that will definitely spark a lot of interest from people (at least one person lol).

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

You know you don't have to mess with the engine and can just re do your gearing aspect of the tuner
Yeah that's all I really want to do. I think its unfair that you can purchase Ford racing gears, 373, 410, but Ford doesn't offer their factory tune for our v6s!? Maybe you can verify that as from what I read they only have it for the stock 2.73 and pp 331. : (
Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry I had to go play play Santa, almost got caught this year! So yeah I'm from Canada, and you just need to Google it, I think its like the third or fourth one down, its a pdf. BTW Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Where in Canada? I'm in Toronto. Merry Xmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Where in Canada? I'm in Toronto. Merry Xmas!
In Montreal. Merry Xmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #84
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Oh no, when coming to a stop the driveshaft will jerk and even though the brakes are applied it feels like you got rear ended. The rpms also jump a tick even though you're slowing down.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

+1
Sounds like you should take it back to the dealer, the RPM jump is most likely a down shift. Even my 95 Auto RPMs jump a touch as I come to a stop, because it doesn't do the last down shift until just before I stop. I know this because I've recreated the same thing by shifting manually. When I was using my SCT the jump was way more noticeable due to the increased pressure(increased shift firmness).
IMO it's either like I said first a mental thing, or you've damaged something.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but he's wrong.
No he's not.. Break something driveline wise and go get it fixed under warranty... Not going to happen if your tuned.. Do some searches, Google is your friend here.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Here is my honest opinion. I have no warranty. Haven't had one for awhile. So why do y'all want to take it I'm for them to fix minor things. I have to pay for everything. That and I've never been back to the dealership since the day I bought it. They are over rated IMO.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
No he's not.. Break something driveline wise and go get it fixed under warranty... Not going to happen if your tuned.. Do some searches, Google is your friend here.
He is wrong, i'm not going to argue about it, If you think it voids the warranty, don't do it. I know it won't, so I plan on doing it. End of discussion.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

He is wrong, i'm not going to argue about it, If you think it voids the warranty, don't do it. I know it won't, so I plan on doing it. End of discussion.
Be sure to let us know how that turns out for you.

With that said I think we have more than covered every angle and aspect of this discussion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang