Full bolt on Horse Power numbers... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

That means perfect shifting!!
Haha I always shift perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Haha I always shift perfect
Oh man we gotta a professional driver over here haha
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
lol. the auto doesnt have the same bottom end internals as the manual either. not worth it at all.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I'll be in your spot in about a year
but what's the point of upgrading the LSD?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

I'll be in your spot in about a year
but what's the point of upgrading the LSD?
When I take off my tires spin but I fish tail it cuz one tire spins more then the other. So LSD Forces the tires to spin together correctly
Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When I take off my tires spin but I fish tail it cuz one tire spins more then the other. So LSD Forces the tires to spin together correctly
What's the point they're still spinning Haha
Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
do you have suspension upgrades? wider tires? a good set of LCA's and lowering springs/coilovers will significantly reduce, if not eliminate, wheelhop
Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

do you have suspension upgrades? wider tires? a good set of LCA's and lowering springs/coilovers will significantly reduce, if not eliminate, wheelhop
You could by that for me for Christmas
Old 12-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

i bought myself a gt/cs spoiler painted black for Christmas.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What's the point they're still spinning Haha
Not really anymore cuz of the lower control arms I bought they stay planted for the most part except my right wheel -___-

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

I only have LCA's for now. For Christmas I'm buying 305 tires for my 18x10 AMR wheels I have sitting in my garage. That should dramatically stop the wheel hop!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not really anymore cuz of the lower control arms I bought they stay planted for the most part except my right wheel -___-

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I only have LCA's for now. For Christmas I'm buying 305 tires for my 18x10 AMR wheels I have sitting in my garage. That should dramatically stop the wheel hop!
You better be gettin a driveshaft soon lol
Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For 700 no sir but will get it BEFORE my turbo

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:

But that's not till Christmas 2013 lol
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For 700 no sir but will get it BEFORE my turbo

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

But that's not till Christmas 2013 lol
Haha y turbo and not SC?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha y turbo and not SC?
They don't make SC for our cars only a pro charger and cuz they are always on, yes that means almost instant power but since it's always running it wastes more gas! And the turbo lag is like superficial minimal and works good under heat so the heat of the engine won't bother it.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They don't make SC for our cars only a pro charger and cuz they are always on, yes that means almost instant power but since it's always running it wastes more gas! And the turbo lag is like superficial minimal and works good under heat so the heat of the engine won't bother it.
Then y not TT?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Then y not TT?
Oh yea totally bro!!! Lol
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yea totally bro!!! Lol
When I get to that point I'm either gonna put a roots whipple or a TT on mine.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When I get to that point I'm either gonna put a roots whipple or a TT on mine.
They don't make them for our cars so ur gna have to custom fab a TT
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They don't make them for our cars so ur gna have to custom fab a TT
And you think they make a roots whipple ? Lmao I know its gonna have to be fabed
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And you think they make a roots whipple ? Lmao I know its gonna have to be fabed
I just said they don't lol and I rather go with an already made turbo system
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just said they don't lol and I rather go with an already made turbo system
I'd rather gave somethin that no one else has
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd rather gave somethin that no one else has
No one has a turbo except cal on YouTube
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah but when you turn they will squeal and bark on one. So if you like straight lines that's good but anything else its a massive downgrade to handling. Unless you're drifting...
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
a procharger is a supercharger OP....just tossing that out there...you may have accidently put it in a class of it's own, but just in case thought i'd post lol

carving corners like a boss
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Depends on what you call a supercharger. Imo, any belt-driven power adder is a supercharger. There are different kinds: whipple, roots, centrifugal. They're still all superchargers. If you go supercharger, top-mounted whipple is the only way to go.

If you go turbo... why twin? Unless you're making 1000hp, you'll never have a turbo big enough to warrant arguing you need it to prevent lag. Our cars aren't running 30lbs of boost, they're not low compression boost motors. The most boost any sane person will be seeing on a stock block is around 12lbs. A single turbo can do that easily with practically no lag, cost less in fabrication and materials, and be more reliable.

TT is cool to say, but it's not smart. Not for this application. The only way I'd even consider it is if I had a 3.5 Ecoboost setup and the manifolds were direct bolt ons.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

i only have two friends running TT stangs and both are in the 1k range (well ones a bit over), but they don't drive the cars often...ones a trailer queen and the other is only driven on the weekends.

i agree on only needing a single setup if the turbo route is how someone wants to go. Even a 99-04 v6 can see upwards of 500 hp with a proper setup. i'd enjoy to see some on 3.7s

Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

There are quite a few of the Grand Prix guys running single turbos on the low compression 3.8s with single turbo setups. They make in the 400-500 range and do fine. My roots blower on mine just hit 12lbs. I'm sure its making more than what my 3.7 is factory rated for... really wish someone would make a M90 adapter plate for the lower intake on these things. Produce an adapter plate for the intake plus one for the throttle body, $100 M90, add injectors and tune... yummy extra 75-100hp.

I've got an extra '98 GTP sitting in the yard that's got a blown transmission. Temptation sucks.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

One of my friends I used to work with half *** knew turbos. So correct me if what i say is wrong. He says that most people run about 5-10 pounds of boost on a single turbo but what most people think automatically is bigger is better. So they strap on the biggest turbo and the exhaust gasses aren't enough to power it or its just too much turbo for the engine. On top of that some people love redlining the things, cause at obvious failure. I've only heard of twin turbos on surpas and such but I've never heard one on a mustang.

If I went with any type of boost its going to be a supercharger. I'm probably not on my new mustang but maybe a new edge or something. Also have only heard if the screw type like what's on the Shelby. Js
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

one of the friends i mentioned earlier is twin charged so he has the stock gt500 blower plus TTs lol...even he says its overkill but he liked the hellion setup. Theres just not much of a reason to need that kinda power. He streets the car and its 100% legal btw

Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

The screw type come in two types: roots and whipple. Roots are your typical blower. They're ok but not very efficient. Whipples are awesomely efficient due to rotor shape and make an even louder whine. I honestly don't know what the Shelby's use these days. I know the new edge Cobras had regular M112 roots on them. My M90 is a roots. Kenne Bell's are whipples though. The new Eaton 4 rotos they came out with a few years back bridge the gap between roots and whipple. Good efficiency but they also tried to eliminate the whine.

Big turbos take more exhaust gas/longer time to spool. You can map a turbo to your specific airflow/horsepower needs and get a decent sized turbo that minimizes lag and maximizes gains. It's a little complicated at first, but it works. Slapping any random turbo on a car isn't what you should do. Yes, I'm talking about you people looking at junkyard turbos off diesel trucks.

Most Supras have one HUGE turbo. It's why you see them take so long to spool, then they take off like a rocket. There are some twin turbo Mustangs, there's at least one twin turbo Grand Prix. Does it mean it's the best? Not really. Now... you can use two turbos of different sizes to provide weird boost curves and extend your torque or hp curves in the rpm. However, that's beyond the scope of this and really not relevant to anyone unless they're into some kind of special racing or they just like making things complicated. Once agian... it's for someone wanting to dump money, not those looking for a good HP:Money ratio.

Good demonstration of turbo lag/spool on a Supra... vs a supercharged Cobra no less.
Cobra v.s. Big Turbo Supra - YouTube

Twin Turbo Grand Prix madness.... still takes a bit to spool.
V6 Grand Prix 3800 Turbo - YouTube

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Just for giggles... 3 turbo Mustang with a Cummins Diesel. Huge spool time, massive power.
Ford mustang Diesel with 3 turbos!! - YouTube

Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
The screw type come in two types: roots and whipple. Roots are your typical blower. They're ok but not very efficient. Whipples are awesomely efficient due to rotor shape and make an even louder whine. I honestly don't know what the Shelby's use these days. I know the new edge Cobras had regular M112 roots on them. My M90 is a roots. Kenne Bell's are whipples though. The new Eaton 4 rotos they came out with a few years back bridge the gap between roots and whipple. Good efficiency but they also tried to eliminate the whine.

Big turbos take more exhaust gas/longer time to spool. You can map a turbo to your specific airflow/horsepower needs and get a decent sized turbo that minimizes lag and maximizes gains. It's a little complicated at first, but it works. Slapping any random turbo on a car isn't what you should do. Yes, I'm talking about you people looking at junkyard turbos off diesel trucks.

Most Supras have one HUGE turbo. It's why you see them take so long to spool, then they take off like a rocket. There are some twin turbo Mustangs, there's at least one twin turbo Grand Prix. Does it mean it's the best? Not really. Now... you can use two turbos of different sizes to provide weird boost curves and extend your torque or hp curves in the rpm. However, that's beyond the scope of this and really not relevant to anyone unless they're into some kind of special racing or they just like making things complicated. Once agian... it's for someone wanting to dump money, not those looking for a good HP:Money ratio.

Good demonstration of turbo lag/spool on a Supra... vs a supercharged Cobra no less.
Cobra v.s. Big Turbo Supra - YouTube

Twin Turbo Grand Prix madness.... still takes a bit to spool.
V6 Grand Prix 3800 Turbo - YouTube

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Just for giggles... 3 turbo Mustang with a Cummins Diesel. Huge spool time, massive power.
Ford mustang Diesel with 3 turbos!! - YouTube
So I'm just gna go with a hellion turbo kit for my 12 3.7L hahaha I'm fine with 400-450HP with all supporting mods of course.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

So I'm just gna go with a hellion turbo kit for my 12 3.7L hahaha I'm fine with 400-450HP with all supporting mods of course.
Can't wait for a write up, pictures and Dyno sheet and video.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang