Full bolt on Horse Power numbers... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Full bolt on Horse Power numbers...

Does anyone know what the approximate HP gain would be on the 3.7L with CAI, tune, throttle body and spacer, long tube headers, xpipe and cat back? Has anyone done this to their 3.7 and got it dyno'd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'd be interested in true, fact backed numbers on these mods as well. Not interested in what the manufacturers advertise they can provide, but rather a dyno backed set of numbers.

Subscribed.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Does anyone know what the approximate HP gain would be on the 3.7L with CAI, tune, throttle body and spacer, long tube headers, xpipe and cat back? Has anyone done this to their 3.7 and got it dyno'd?
I have the above except for the BBK throttle body because I don't think it's worth the 399 price tag. My car was at 320HP and 310-315 lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

I have the above except for the BBK throttle body because I don't think it's worth the 399 price tag. My car was at 320HP and 310-315 lbs
Do you have a dyno sheet? 320 seems pretty high. Unless you mean to the flywheel.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Do you have a dyno sheet? 320 seems pretty high. Unless you mean to the flywheel.
I didn't keep it for long before i lost it but the guys at the shop keep it for their records ill try and have them email it to me and ill post it up.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
remember you can have an 80 hp honda dyno at 600 hp...numbers are only as good as the guy running the computer and his machine. i'm guessing the numbers were crank hp though...was it a mustang dyno or dynojet

carving corners like a boss
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
remember you can have an 80 hp honda dyno at 600 hp...numbers are only as good as the guy running the computer and his machine. i'm guessing the numbers were crank hp though...was it a mustang dyno or dynojet
Okay at the crank the car makes 305 ur telling me with full exhaust, CAI, Custom Tune it just raised the crank number 15HP? A Tune Alone will add 18 proven by bamma themselves wow guys come on lol
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i'd say 15-20 hp is about average for intake, exhaust, tune in 99% of cars

Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i'd say 15-20 hp is about average for intake, exhaust, tune in 99% of cars
Doesn't matter to me what you wanna say man I know what I saw on the dyno sheet. You can say otherwise that's your opinion. So woohoo 320! Lol
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Any questions? Lol
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Thank you sir! You never fail me hahaha

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Thank you sir! You never fail me hahaha
With a BBK throttle body I'm sure you can squeeze out another 8-12 HP
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Okay at the crank the car makes 305 ur telling me with full exhaust, CAI, Custom Tune it just raised the crank number 15HP? A Tune Alone will add 18 proven by bamma themselves wow guys come on lol
Our cars make 245-260 stock man. They build from there. Those numbers are due to drivetrain loss.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Our cars make 245-260 stock man. They build from there. Those numbers are due to drivetrain loss.
Yea I understand I was proving a point saying even IF I was talking about at the crank all my mods would do more then just 15HP

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:

My car made 274HP stock on. Mustang Dynojet
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I understand I was proving a point saying even IF I was talking about at the crank all my mods would do more then just 15HP

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

My car made 274HP stock on. Mustang Dynojet
Ok I was about to call you the dumbest person known to the car world lol but jokes aside that's pretty good. Auto or stick? That was an auto that I saw. I'm slightly shocked at how low these cars hp rating can be.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok I was about to call you the dumbest person known to the car world lol but jokes aside that's pretty good. Auto or stick? That was an auto that I saw. I'm slightly shocked at how low these cars hp rating can be.
Hahahaha yea I know man lol auto sir. Our V6 are still much more powerful then its predecessors.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahahaha yea I know man lol auto sir. Our V6 are still much more powerful then its predecessors.
Don't get me started on the old v6. The manual made it feel fast but it barely hit 190hp. Great learner cars because they have no safety features, well at least mine didn't
Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't get me started on the old v6. The manual made it feel fast but it barely hit 190hp. Great learner cars because they have no safety features, well at least mine didn't
My first mustang was a 07 GT but some ******* ****en T-Boned me on a stop light and that's the end of her. They wrote me a check and I put it down for my new V6
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

keep it tech related or the thread has to be moved

Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry haha but seriously my car does a good solid 320HP with my CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, BBK LongTube Headers, Matching X-Pipe, custom 3' catback piping, Roush Axlebacks and last but not least! My 93 Hybrid Tune!

I'm working on the aluminum Driveshaft, LSD, and more suspension mods
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

So, lots of verbal numbers, but no dyno sheets yet.

Still subscribed.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying the drive every day with what I have.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A little sway is all good. Rather share something here than in the general. Weirdos over there IMO. But yes sir lol

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote:

Sorry haha but seriously my car does a good solid 320HP with my CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, BBK LongTube Headers, Matching X-Pipe, custom 3' catback piping, Roush Axlebacks and last but not least! My 93 Hybrid Tune!

I'm working on the aluminum Driveshaft, LSD, and more suspension mods
So basically they must have gave you a check for the car and a huge mod list. I'm planning to do everything possible but long tube headers. Is 3in too much for our v6? I just noticed that most mods people do are exhaust but the GT gets the manifold and stuff like that
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

A little sway is all good. Rather share something here than in the general. Weirdos over there IMO. But yes sir lol

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

So basically they must have gave you a check for the car and a huge mod list. I'm planning to do everything possible but long tube headers. Is 3in too much for our v6? I just noticed that most mods people do are exhaust but the GT gets the manifold and stuff like that
The GT will always get more mods because more people buy those for the performance, granted I bought my 3.7 for performance. I couldn't justify paying 10k more for 100 HP. I test drove a premium 5.0 and a base 3.7 and they pulled almost the same to me. Of course the 5.0 had a little more umf to it but not worth 10k to me that's when I found my girl with the performance pack. The upgraded gears help a lil too.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao na honestly I've been getting good deals on my mods. Most of them are second hand goods from club members I'm in having to either A) sell their car so they sell all their mods for stock ones, or B) wanna have mods from all one company like ford racing for example and sell their mods. And my discount codes for AM lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote:

The best deal I've gotten would be my headers, I got the headers with catted x-pipe for 400 even.

As for the 3in catback piping, ppl said it's good if I'm pushing 500HP but screw it man it sounds and feels good to me so I think it was worth it man. Got it made at a local muffler shop for 120 for parts n labor no tax just cash
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao na honestly I've been getting good deals on my mods. Most of them are second hand goods from club members I'm in having to either A) sell their car so they sell all their mods for stock ones, or B) wanna have mods from all one company like ford racing for example and sell their mods. And my discount codes for AM lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

The best deal I've gotten would be my headers, I got the headers with catted x-pipe for 400 even.

As for the 3in catback piping, ppl said it's good if I'm pushing 500HP but screw it man it sounds and feels good to me so I think it was worth it man. Got it made at a local muffler shop for 120 for parts n labor no tax just cash
$400 !!!!! U luck bit. Lol I wish o could find that here ill trade you all of my exhaust just for your lt and midpipe
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

$400 !!!!! U luck bit. Lol I wish o could find that here ill trade you all of my exhaust just for your lt and headers
Hahaha na man I'm good lol!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

U suck lol
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The GT will always get more mods because more people buy those for the performance, granted I bought my 3.7 for performance. I couldn't justify paying 10k more for 100 HP. I test drove a premium 5.0 and a base 3.7 and they pulled almost the same to me. Of course the 5.0 had a little more umf to it but not worth 10k to me that's when I found my girl with the performance pack. The upgraded gears help a lil too.
That's why I bought mine is for performance. I could pick up another new edge GT with the same hp as the new 3.7. I think the gears will put it up to par as a new edge or at least to make YOU happy. You make a valid point on price. I just wish we could do more than just open the exhaust and call it a day. Btw do gears help with 0-60 times?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

That's why I bought mine is for performance. I could pick up another new edge GT with the same hp as the new 3.7. I think the gears will put it up to par as a new edge or at least to make YOU happy. You make a valid point on price. I just wish we could do more than just open the exhaust and call it a day. Btw do gears help with 0-60 times?
Yes but lower your top speed and mpg
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U suck lol
Ill trade you my GT500 mufflers for ur Pypes ^_^
Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ill trade you my GT500 mufflers for ur Pypes ^_^
Bahaha yea right. BTW I just went to test drive a blue 03 mach 1
Old 12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bahaha yea right. BTW I just went to test drive a blue 03 mach 1
I occasionally drive my friends Mystic Cobra!! It's awesome!!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I occasionally drive my friends Mystic Cobra!! It's awesome!!
Haha I got bored and started lookin at new edges at dealerships in the area online and I was like omg gotta got see it I got there and it was on a lift with no tires on it ! Haha they had just got it and were servicing it. And it was an auto :'( Haha
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I got bored and started lookin at new edges at dealerships in the area online and I was like omg gotta got see it I got there and it was on a lift with no tires on it ! Haha they had just got it and were servicing it. And it was an auto :'( Haha
Damn!!! Just go back tomorrow!!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn!!! Just go back tomorrow!!
Lol its an auto.... Not worth it they want $7k for it
Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol its an auto.... Not worth it they want $7k for it
That means perfect shifting!!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang