Next thing - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
I run the scan guage now, but want to expand and get an ultra gauge soon. Here is the link

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

I will be running both when I finally get around to it.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
thejohncarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 276
It was my understanding that the radio has to go where it is on these kits because there is not enough room behind the top part.

I have never taken mine apart to see.

Personally, I don't like the touch screen AC controls. It is one of the things holding me back from upgrading my stereo.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson View Post
It was my understanding that the radio has to go where it is on these kits because there is not enough room behind the top part.

I have never taken mine apart to see.

Personally, I don't like the touch screen AC controls. It is one of the things holding me back from upgrading my stereo.
Even the stock gps on our 13's have them on top. Not sure why space would be an issue, but you got me thinking, I'm going to do some more research. Luv this forum!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
thejohncarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Even the stock gps on our 13's have them on top. Not sure why space would be an issue, but you got me thinking, I'm going to do some more research. Luv this forum!
Yes but, I have also heard that the reason you can't install the stock GPS in a car that did not come with it is that the AC ducts are in the way. Supposedly, it will not fit either.

I can't wait to hear what else you find out!
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumake View Post

I agree
Awesome I love your lights!!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post
I say Fogs. Lower. Just cuz they look cool. Lol.

Just think! Haha
Couldn't agree more!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tatsumake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denton
Region: Texas
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post

Awesome I love your lights!!!
Thank you!!
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tatsumake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denton
Region: Texas
Posts: 156
Just found out that in Texas it's illegal to have more than 4 lights up front.
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumake View Post
Just found out that in Texas it's illegal to have more than 4 lights up front.
Really? Not in El Paso ^_^
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumake
Just found out that in Texas it's illegal to have more than 4 lights up front.
To HAVE four or to USE four lights up front?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
More than 4 lights on at the same time. Some cars have high and low beams on when you use high... by law they cut the fog lamp power. However, if you bypass it to keep the fog lamps on too, that's 6 lights and illegal.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tatsumake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denton
Region: Texas
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
More than 4 lights on at the same time. Some cars have high and low beams on when you use high... by law they cut the fog lamp power. However, if you bypass it to keep the fog lamps on too, that's 6 lights and illegal.

Yessir, that's what I found out.
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
More than 4 lights on at the same time. Some cars have high and low beams on when you use high... by law they cut the fog lamp power. However, if you bypass it to keep the fog lamps on too, that's 6 lights and illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumake

Yessir, that's what I found out.
Might be federal. Its that way in Ohio and Michigan, too. Thats why I asked, its not illegal to have 50 lights up front...just depends on the amount of light coming out (or more easily how many lights).
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Might be federal. Its that way in Ohio and Michigan, too. Thats why I asked, its not illegal to have 50 lights up front...just depends on the amount of light coming out (or more easily how many lights).
Good thing state over powers federal when it comes to things like this ^_^
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Good thing state over powers federal when it comes to things like this ^_^
Ugh, what?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Ugh, what?
State laws over power federal laws man
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtzzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,417
never heard of that here in SC...and we got a guy around the corner with a home made replica of B.A.'s van from the A-team.....and he's got a ton of lights on it set for both high and low beam ;P
__________________

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
never heard of that here in SC...and we got a guy around the corner with a home made replica of B.A.'s van from the A-team.....and he's got a ton of lights on it set for both high and low beam ;P
Bahahahaha that's awesome
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
never heard of that here in SC...and we got a guy around the corner with a home made replica of B.A.'s van from the A-team.....and he's got a ton of lights on it set for both high and low beam ;P
Bahahahaha that's awesome
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

State laws over power federal laws man
Umm...not really. How do you get that/where do you get that from? Even looking at a blatant case as marijuana in California or Colorado, regardless that the state says its okay, the federal government has the right to stomp it out under their laws.

And if he federal government says something AND they want it, it gets done. Such as back when the federal government wanted the entire country to be ready for military action...so they said if states want funding, every five or so miles mist have one straight mile for planes to land.

The federal government, the big one, head honcho, the big guys, are really in charge.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Umm...not really. How do you get that/where do you get that from? Even looking at a blatant case as marijuana in California or Colorado, regardless that the state says its okay, the federal government has the right to stomp it out under their laws.

And if he federal government says something AND they want it, it gets done. Such as back when the federal government wanted the entire country to be ready for military action...so they said if states want funding, every five or so miles mist have one straight mile for planes to land.

The federal government, the big one, head honcho, the big guys, are really in charge.
True, but that's not a discussion for here. Considering some states are doing a separation vote and I think OK passed one... lol. Times are getting interesting.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:35 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.