I need help with V6 grille options - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Cool. Appreciate it. You said AM sells it?
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post

Will the Roush bumper fit the V6?
Yes
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

That may be, but for $250 I've seen alot o crap with these bumpers. Many wont even return them and say, what you get is final. The roush site is a good source. I'm not an eBay person honestly. Ill let someone who makes their living tearing new cars apart do it.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I don't like how it mimics a camaro with the big point. But they are the ones that can be painted and are readily available brand new from most sellers like AM and late model.
That is fair. I like the front end of the Camaro, it is the one facet of it that I actually like and is well done, in my opinion.

My main reason was that the drag coefficient is supposedly crazy low, and even banned from some racing leagues. Plus, I got my front fascia, splitter, and lower grille block for 200.00 USD lol. Its hard to pass it up.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Turned out pretty clean. I listened to the advice just yank on it. Came right out. Only broke one clip. But that was from installation of the overlay. Not pulling out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1235381707.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	83260  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Yup. Like those.

I'm trying to avoid removing my whole bumper. I keep hearing to just keep pulling. Just afraid I'll damage it and it won't seat correctly again upon reinstall.
Hey i removed mine front bumper just the other day its not hard at all. I have some directions but its for a 2013 gt. just look for some directions and you should have no problem.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I pushed down on the vehicle mounts on the inside of vehicle and pushed the tabs on the grille inward and had a buddy pull. Snapped right out with no damage. My only hint is, PUT TOWELS UNDER TGE GRILLE BEFORE YOU YANK IT OUT. You will cause damage if you don't. Took ten minutes once I started to handle it and not *****-foot around worried about hurting it.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who spent way too much time getting the stock grille off. Three or four hands would have been a lot of help slipping out all those tabs.
Gk1million is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gk1million View Post
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who spent way too much time getting the stock grille off. Three or four hands would have been a lot of help slipping out all those tabs.
I agree. It was SO hard. I spent forever trying until I got sweaty and sick of it and just yanked on it. Right out first try.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Turned out pretty clean. I listened to the advice just yank on it. Came right out. Only broke one clip. But that was from installation of the overlay. Not pulling out.
Cool.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote:

I agree. It was SO hard. I spent forever trying until I got sweaty and sick of it and just yanked on it. Right out first try.
Ya. Gotta pull crazy hard. I put down masking tape so I wouldnt screw the paint up.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

That is fair. I like the front end of the Camaro, it is the one facet of it that I actually like and is well done, in my opinion.

My main reason was that the drag coefficient is supposedly crazy low, and even banned from some racing leagues. Plus, I got my front fascia, splitter, and lower grille block for 200.00 USD lol. Its hard to pass it up.
The front end of a camaro looks like a catfish and the body flows with that. If you can find a deal on that stuff take it but buying used like that, idk. Take off are usually nice but on a brand new car, go brand new. I also had to buy a bumper impact thing and that was about $50. Mine got cracked.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The front end of a camaro looks like a catfish and the body flows with that. If you can find a deal on that stuff take it but buying used like that, idk. Take off are usually nice but on a brand new car, go brand new. I also had to buy a bumper impact thing and that was about $50. Mine got cracked.
All of that was brand new from Roush, and all of the work done on my car (other than oil changes) has been done by them.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 12-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

All of that was brand new from Roush, and all of the work done on my car (other than oil changes) has been done by them.
That sir is amazing. I've had to get other stuff like the bump bar and a bunch of small stuff. I just like the GT look but I hate how it has nothing on the bottom to protect the radiator and AC
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sir is amazing. I've had to get other stuff like the bump bar and a bunch of small stuff. I just like the GT look but I hate how it has nothing on the bottom to protect the radiator and AC
I got a guy there lol. I drive up there and just chill with Jack Roush s cars or sit in the main area and watch them work. Last few times they have had a all blacked out FULLY LOADED, eveb the glass roof, 2013 GT500. They had it the last THREE times I went there, the guy just bought it and left, they said they needed some time to get the parts and do it right, and he said whatever lol, just told them to take their time. Must be nice to have money...

But nothing like looking out the window, and checking out the lot. Even if you are not a huge Roush fan, the industrial area with beauty there is just gorgeous. I imagine Saleen and other places have a similar affect.

Great experience, if anyone gets the opportunity.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Got a dealership here that specifically deals with roush, salleen, gt500, and boss mustangs. It's truly amazing that they have any stage roush in any color. Also have now 2 gt500 in white and blue in their used lot along with a 370z. I may not be able to watch them work but, damn you can decide on a dream car real quick.

What's the roush have over the GT bumper exactly
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got a dealership here that specifically deals with roush, salleen, gt500, and boss mustangs. It's truly amazing that they have any stage roush in any color. Also have now 2 gt500 in white and blue in their used lot along with a 370z. I may not be able to watch them work but, damn you can decide on a dream car real quick.

What's the roush have over the GT bumper exactly
What do I know? Nothing.

They TOLD me that it has been banned from some racing leagues because it wasn't fair, and the drag was crazy low, but they never gave me numbers, and Ido not know enough about shapes and stuff to be able to really judge. But pointy usually means aero friendly lol I do know that when I got in, with the bumper and all the other mods, it felt like I was flying through the air just with engine idle. Like if you run with a weight sled and then take it off, or probably like upgrading a drive shaft.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Hey UltArc, I live in Europe, any ideas on Roush parts mailed to APO's for soldiers over seas, other than AM? Would contacting Roush directly be worth the while?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma
Hey UltArc, I live in Europe, any ideas on Roush parts mailed to APO's for soldiers over seas, other than AM? Would contacting Roush directly be worth the while?
I would try contacting them directly, but keep in mind it can be pretty expensive. A front fascia over a few states can be 100 bucks, it might be better to wait until you get back.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Love the way it looks, I'm going for the same look
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

UltArc, you're right, but I won't be back until 2015. And I'm the worst when it comes to waiting for my mods when I have the money... Oh the dilemma... Thank you very much for your help, though.

And viper, I appreciate the compliments. Just read through the thread and you'll have your old grille off and new one on in no time.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
UltArc, you're right, but I won't be back until 2015. And I'm the worst when it comes to waiting for my mods when I have the money... Oh the dilemma... Thank you very much for your help, though.

And viper, I appreciate the compliments. Just read through the thread and you'll have your old grille off and new one on in no time.
Well you could always sell your Stang there and bring back a European model when you return, providing emissions work out. And who knows how 2015s will tun out. I will probably keep mine until they make a more powerful model that hits the same mpg, and if that doesn't happen, turbo a tt time. I'd love to have 500 hp and still get 35 mpg lol

Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

They don't really sell them here, and when they do, they just import one from the states and put extra turn signal blinkers on it. Plus resonators and some other stuff. They really tone it down is all.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Then sell them for 10-15 thousand more.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They don't really sell them here, and when they do, they just import one from the states and put extra turn signal blinkers on it. Plus resonators and some other stuff. They really tone it down is all.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Then sell them for 10-15 thousand more.
Exactly. Come the new platform, 2015, they are going to start selling them. That is why I said that lol, sell yours for the extra bank, get one there with that extra, then sell that one here (if it is any dofferent, otherwise just buy one here or buy an old super car amd bring it back).

Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
hay guys i got a 2013 v6 and i want to get a hot grille any good websites for me that you guys know
CodyMustang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMustang3.7 View Post
hay guys i got a 2013 v6 and i want to get a hot grille any good websites for me that you guys know
Go to AmericanMuscle.com all the GT and V6 grills for the 2013's are all the same so you can get a boss 302 or any grill for ur 13 bro and it will fit perfect!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
was able to cheat taking the radiator cover off then working it back far enough to trade the MCA grille for the Cali Special one.....but the NEW roush grille with more airflow...im taking the whole bumper off. Besides...got to install me LED backlighting...might as well do it then

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
was able to cheat taking the radiator cover off then working it back far enough to trade the MCA grille for the Cali Special one.....but the NEW roush grille with more airflow...im taking the whole bumper off. Besides...got to install me LED backlighting...might as well do it then
Cant wait to see.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I dont like the actual roush lower grille...but they are making one that matches the upper...but since my Cali grille is close enough...leaving that in. BUT adding the RTR chin spoiler when do all of this....when to find the time to go to work...LOL

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang