how do i turn off my drl's??? (daytime running lights) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #36
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Yeah but idk how all that works. I did the same as you. Stared at it and put my car back together
lol!
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #37
XL7

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
I've asked three dealers about deactivating the DRLs that somehow were activated when I had my smart junction box replaced a few years ago on my 2005 mustang and no luck so far. That makes me wager it will involve wiring... but I'd love to know for sure
I also had my Smart (Dumb) Junction Box changed in my 2005 Mustang. I noticed this unauthorized modification before I left the dealership. I drove back in and pointed it out, and that I needed to have control of MY lights.

I was told "no problem" they plugged the computer into the car and 3 minutes later my lights were working as they originally were. No more 'Forced Lighting' (a.k.a. Daytime Running Lights the driver cannot turn off.)

There are many instances where you don't want your lights on, Drive-In movies, waiting outside at night for someone etc. You will notice most law enforcement vehicles have their daytime running lights disabled.

You need to find a dealer that knows how to do this. Most are just too lazy.
XL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #38
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316

Yeah, i'm canadian, so we're supposed to DRLs by law, which is fine, but, the switch for the lights does nothing (except it works the fog lights....) so i have 3 switches when i only need one for the fog lights. but when you're parked, there should be a way to turn my lights off,
but i can't.

&, i have tinted taillights, but the lights are always on when the cars running. i don't need them on during the daytime.
...The funny part is, my car is new from California!

Where's the junction box? can i change it myself if i get one?
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
Yeah, i'm canadian, so we're supposed to DRLs by law, which is fine, but, the switch for the lights does nothing (except it works the fog lights....) so i have 3 switches when i only need one for the fog lights. but when you're parked, there should be a way to turn my lights off,
but i can't.

&, i have tinted taillights, but the lights are always on when the cars running. i don't need them on during the daytime.
...The funny part is, my car is new from California!

Where's the junction box? can i change it myself if i get one?
Sounds like your has all the lights on through the Ignition, since the car originally came from the states they might have done that to get the car into Canada. That is what they did to my friends F150 when it came in back in 2002.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #40
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Sounds like your has all the lights on through the Ignition, since the car originally came from the states they might have done that to get the car into Canada. That is what they did to my friends F150 when it came in back in 2002.

yes. I would just like to turn the taillights off in the daylight, & a single switch or button for the fog lights
Old 01-08-2017, 02:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had the daytime running lights for my car too I just added a switch on the low beam wires of the headlight harness. This requires you to cut the low beam wire on each side of the headlight harness and wire them up to a 30 amp switch. This is essentially a cutoff switch and will let you turn off the drls at will. Here's a link to a video I watched to do this

IG: justaslow3.7
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
yes. I would just like to turn the taillights off in the daylight, & a single switch or button for the fog lights
On his it was a wire running from one of the hot side when car is turned on side of the fuse box to the wire coming off the switch to the head and tail lights.
He mounted 2 amber lights on the lower hole on his trucks front bumper and made them his DRL's and had full operation of his head and tail lights along with his fogs through the normal 1 switch on his F150.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #43
Road Trip!
Regular

cool beans
thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang