Hill Start Assist - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hill Start Assist

Does my 2012 v6 has a hill start assist? If so, how to activate it?
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
hmmmmmm..... I dont think so. Not that I have herd of at least. Most any car with hill assist will come with it activated as there is no reason for it not to be on all the time.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
hmmmmmm..... I dont think so. Not that I have herd of at least. Most any car with hill assist will come with it activated as there is no reason for it not to be on all the time.
I found on my 2011 automatic but not on my 2012 manual....that's weird.
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have a 13 manual and it has hill assist, it activates by it self every time ur on 1st gears.
Not sure if it is only for the 13 or if it is for manuals only no matter the year.
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ok, before we go any further..... Define "hill assist"..... I was talking about a feature that would only be on a manual car. It would allow you to take your foot off the break in first gear while on a hill and the car will not roll backwards. This would be much diferent that an auto's hill assist that just holds you in lower gears longer so you could power up a steep hill.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]or, you could always use the hand break method......

set hand break, let off foot break, apply GENTLE throttle/let out clutch, release hand break and off you go with no backwards roll
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Autos have had it since '11 I think. Manuals got it first time in '13. It does it anytime you're stopped on an incline with the clutch in. It doesn't care about gear.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Autos have had it since '11 I think. Manuals got it first time in '13. It does it anytime you're stopped on an incline with the clutch in. It doesn't care about gear.
Autos dont have Hill assist they have grade assist. They are two entirely different things. And op no the 11/12's dont have hill assist.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Ok, before we go any further..... Define "hill assist"..... I was talking about a feature that would only be on a manual car. It would allow you to take your foot off the break in first gear while on a hill and the car will not roll backwards. This would be much diferent that an auto's hill assist that just holds you in lower gears longer so you could power up a steep hillroll
The auto is called grade assist. Same thing as Sport Mode in 2013. In addition the 13s have the ability to be shifted through the gears with a +\- button.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang