First Mod Suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
First Mod Suggestions

What would be good performance mods to get done to my v6 that won't void my warranty?
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aruiz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 411
Airaid cold air intake which you can switch out with the stock one when you go to the dealer... You do not need a tune with it I spoke with the bama guys...
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Is there a certain CAI that is recommended or are they all personal preference.
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
Out could always do appearance mods first. Then when warranty's up, do the power.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Have you done anything yet? dumb question ...

Can we see pics?
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post
Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better
I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------



I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.
Is funny coz i have the same problem, i have a 13 with extended warranty, as of now for performance i only done borla atak catback, i dont race or go to the drag strip i already got a speeding ticked, so for me performance is not a biggie, on the other had appearance is were is at for me, im actually going to order a body kit for the stang to go along with my other mods.
Eventually i will touch the engine but not for now.
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
FOX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive
Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post

Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory
Buhahaha I am my warranty. I consult my brain first and bank account second.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
I wish I was my own warranty too...but this is my only car and don't want to mess it up somehow
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
I wish I was my own warranty too...but this is my only car and don't want to mess it up somehow
It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
Is there a certain CAI that is recommended or are they all personal preference.
Airaid I have it and love it and will vouch for it bro!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.
I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Airaid I have it and love it and will vouch for it bro!
How is the Airaid compared to BBK, Roush, JLT, and C&L besides Price?
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post

I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------



How is the Airaid compared to BBK, Roush, JLT, and C&L besides Price?
My dad was with me on vacation lol right there on the pcb strip. I don't have the backup sensors. I have the the premium so I got the leather, shaker 500 and rims. I upgraded my headlights so I see the deer as they jump

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post

I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------



How is the Airaid compared to BBK, Roush, JLT, and C&L besides Price?
Roush looks the dead same as the airaid. Jut the sticker change. I'm going with airaid. I don't care if its a Gain or not. I want the throttle response and mpg. Plus it'll add some color to the dark and gloomy engine bay
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.
The chrome would look cheesy to me. They look like a ricer thing in chrome. Plus they would get hotter being metal and also keeping that thing clean
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtzzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,417
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal.
__________________

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal.
Makes sense for chrome to hold in heat. Checked out JLT and $300 for a caI painted gotta have it green for 10-13 rwhp gain with no tune? Hmmm
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Lmteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 25
I've got a JLT CAI, Pypes Pype-Bomb axle backs, and SR performance lowering springs. Haven't had any problems with my dealer at all. It fact they were asking about the mods last time I was there. Guess it depends on the dealer

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Next mods are a adjustable panhard bar and a tuner. The tuner is the only thing that worries me with the dealer. JLT is a good intake by the way, no problems with it and the price is right
Lmteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal.
It's aluminum. The thing about aluminum is that it dissipates heat very quickly. Doesn't hold heat any more than any other. Or I guess I should say that would be noticeable. I can't speak for the others.

Not sure if it matters but Aluminum is one of the best heat conducting metals and is used in that purpose in radiators, cooling elements in computers etc.

I can drive around for 20 minutes and out my hand in the bbk and its cool to the touch.

It hardly ever gets dirty and just a cloth will make it look new.

So a cai is all about looks as they all basically net the same gains. I wanted the chrome look to break up all the black under the hood.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rcary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 274
Id do exhaust first then CAI
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
TruChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: El Paso, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Buhahaha I am my warranty. I consult my brain first and bank account second.
+1
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Just bought an airaid cai from American muscle. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. After install it ill try and get some pics up
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Before and after

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130123_151701.png
Views:	89
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	87080



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130123_151718.png
Views:	87
Size:	952.6 KB
ID:	87081
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtzzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,417
nice...very nice

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

BTW...hulk your pics on your profile dont show up....might want to update while you're taking pics of your car
__________________

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheHulk305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 71
Thanks! Ill try and upload some pics once I get on my computer later tonight
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.