First Mod Suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
First Mod Suggestions

What would be good performance mods to get done to my v6 that won't void my warranty?
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Airaid cold air intake which you can switch out with the stock one when you go to the dealer... You do not need a tune with it I spoke with the bama guys...
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Is there a certain CAI that is recommended or are they all personal preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Out could always do appearance mods first. Then when warranty's up, do the power.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Have you done anything yet? dumb question ...

Can we see pics?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post
Axel backs, or if ur dealer is cool do cat-back exhaust, also change ur tires it will help you grip way better
I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
Right now I have Eleanor quarter window louvers, 25% tint, a black fuel door from Americanmuscle, blacked out my side markers, and a third brake light decal that says mustang. There are a few other appearance mods I want to do such as rear window louvers, rtr front splitter, rear splitter, and Roush side skirt, but me thinking is if I get all my appearance mods, it's gonna look aggressive but still perform like a stock v6. So I put a halt on my appearance mods and now want to start doing performance mods without voiding the warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I thought about borla s-type axlebacks and if my dealership is cool with me getting new headers and cat backs without voiding my warranty, I'd want to do that. As far as tires go, right now I have Pirelli a/s tires and the only problem I've had with grip was getting out of my driveway in the snow.
Is funny coz i have the same problem, i have a 13 with extended warranty, as of now for performance i only done borla atak catback, i dont race or go to the drag strip i already got a speeding ticked, so for me performance is not a biggie, on the other had appearance is were is at for me, im actually going to order a body kit for the stang to go along with my other mods.
Eventually i will touch the engine but not for now.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't plan on doing a lot of speeding either but I know I'm going to end up getting a tune sometime (ghost cam tune that is) and I want some performance upgrades in my car that once I put that tune in it will definitely make my v6 come alive
Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post

Good luck with that just make sure u always consult with ur dealer first. U can get away with a CAI as u can always go back to stock in case u need to go to the dealer, but a tune will void ur warranty and will stay in us stangs memory
Buhahaha I am my warranty. I consult my brain first and bank account second.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I was my own warranty too...but this is my only car and don't want to mess it up somehow
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish I was my own warranty too...but this is my only car and don't want to mess it up somehow
It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Is there a certain CAI that is recommended or are they all personal preference.
Airaid I have it and love it and will vouch for it bro!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

It's my first car I've bought myself. I've already hit my fathers truck on vacation and backed into a closed garage door. How bout you lol but forreal I can relate. That's why I'm just now saving up for axle backs.
I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Airaid I have it and love it and will vouch for it bro!
How is the Airaid compared to BBK, Roush, JLT, and C&L besides Price?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm sure your father had a surprise when he came back from vacation, and if you got the backup sensors how could you back into a closed garage door without all the obnoxious beeps going off!? Lol and so far close encounters with deer, but thankfully none have been hit.

I have they money for an upgrade it's just which one do I want to do for the first upgrade.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

My dad was with me on vacation lol right there on the pcb strip. I don't have the backup sensors. I have the the premium so I got the leather, shaker 500 and rims. I upgraded my headlights so I see the deer as they jump

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote:

Roush looks the dead same as the airaid. Jut the sticker change. I'm going with airaid. I don't care if its a Gain or not. I want the throttle response and mpg. Plus it'll add some color to the dark and gloomy engine bay
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True and that's why I was going to choose the BBK chrome CAI so that it could brighten the engine bay, but it looks like for less price I can get the Airaid one and get a few more horses and torque. Plus it'll look way better then the stock one.
The chrome would look cheesy to me. They look like a ricer thing in chrome. Plus they would get hotter being metal and also keeping that thing clean
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal.

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
exactly! chrome holds in heat...folks that build hot rods with lots of chrome are robbing the engine of performance. the more you keep it cool..the better it runs. look at JLT for theirs..which can even be ordered in body color..and its plastic not metal.
Makes sense for chrome to hold in heat. Checked out JLT and $300 for a caI painted gotta have it green for 10-13 rwhp gain with no tune? Hmmm
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've got a JLT CAI, Pypes Pype-Bomb axle backs, and SR performance lowering springs. Haven't had any problems with my dealer at all. It fact they were asking about the mods last time I was there. Guess it depends on the dealer

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Next mods are a adjustable panhard bar and a tuner. The tuner is the only thing that worries me with the dealer. JLT is a good intake by the way, no problems with it and the price is right
Lmteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
It's aluminum. The thing about aluminum is that it dissipates heat very quickly. Doesn't hold heat any more than any other. Or I guess I should say that would be noticeable. I can't speak for the others.

Not sure if it matters but Aluminum is one of the best heat conducting metals and is used in that purpose in radiators, cooling elements in computers etc.

I can drive around for 20 minutes and out my hand in the bbk and its cool to the touch.

It hardly ever gets dirty and just a cloth will make it look new.

So a cai is all about looks as they all basically net the same gains. I wanted the chrome look to break up all the black under the hood.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Id do exhaust first then CAI
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Buhahaha I am my warranty. I consult my brain first and bank account second.
+1
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Just bought an airaid cai from American muscle. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. After install it ill try and get some pics up
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Before and after

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130123_151701.png
Views:	89
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	87080

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130123_151718.png
Views:	87
Size:	952.6 KB
ID:	87081
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

nice...very nice

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

BTW...hulk your pics on your profile dont show up....might want to update while you're taking pics of your car

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Ill try and upload some pics once I get on my computer later tonight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang