NOOB** 2013 v6 exhaust set up questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #1

florio11 is unknown around these parts
NOOB** 2013 v6 exhaust set up questions

hey guys i just got my mustang today 2013 v6 deep impact blue 6 speed im brand new to the car and this forum so please bare with me if i ask stupid questions haah. anyways im already looking into a new exhaust set up. ive been thinking about going with the borla long tube headers with the shorty off road x pipe offered from american muscle as a package and also the borla ATAK cat back system. now first question is the cat back system will it be compatible with the long tube headers and shorty off road x pipe? will all three parts (long tube headers, shorty off road x pipe, and ATAK cat back) of the exhaust system will they all fit together as a direct replacement fit onto my car? and second question, if it is the case that they do all fit together im assuming my car will need a tune as from what i have read. which tune do u recommend and also how do u do a tune? do i need to buy one from american muscle and do it my self? and if that is the case how do u even go abouts performing the tune? or will a local exhaust shop be able to do this for me?

sorry for all the questions im very new to this and want to get an exhaust set up on asap without any hassles haha thanks guys! if anyone has any better knowledge and answers to these questions please respond any little bit will help! thanks guys! hope to update you guys soon with the process!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Charlie_santos is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by florio11 View Post
hey guys i just got my mustang today 2013 v6 deep impact blue 6 speed im brand new to the car and this forum so please bare with me if i ask stupid questions haah. anyways im already looking into a new exhaust set up. ive been thinking about going with the borla long tube headers with the shorty off road x pipe offered from american muscle as a package and also the borla ATAK cat back system. now first question is the cat back system will it be compatible with the long tube headers and shorty off road x pipe? will all three parts (long tube headers, shorty off road x pipe, and ATAK cat back) of the exhaust system will they all fit together as a direct replacement fit onto my car? and second question, if it is the case that they do all fit together im assuming my car will need a tune as from what i have read. which tune do u recommend and also how do u do a tune? do i need to buy one from american muscle and do it my self? and if that is the case how do u even go abouts performing the tune? or will a local exhaust shop be able to do this for me?

sorry for all the questions im very new to this and want to get an exhaust set up on asap without any hassles haha thanks guys! if anyone has any better knowledge and answers to these questions please respond any little bit will help! thanks guys! hope to update you guys soon with the process!
Okay I'm here to save the day!! Lol

Yes you can buy all three systems and they will be direct replacements and can all be done at home with jacks and some stands.

You will need a tune since your new exhaust system has much larger diameter piping so it will flow much better so you need to recalibrate the cars ECU (computer) to utilize the new piping. You need to buy a handheld tuner from American muscle and they will ask all the questions to make you a custom tune. Then just plug in the device when you get it to your cars OBDII port and follow the super easy instructions it gives you.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Venomouz831 is unknown around these parts
Yea they will and welcome!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
The moral majority is neither
Admin

bucko is just getting started.
First thing I'd do before laying down the cash for that system is check with your local Ford service center for warranty issues. 99% of the time, most installs such as a muffler system will not void any other engine warranty issues, meaning, the engine is covered, but not the exhaust of course.

I'd refrain from adding a tuner until after your warranty expires, or you have a chat with a Ford service advisor. Most folks think they can simply flash the stock tune back into the vehicle before taking it to the dealer for warranty repairs to hide the fact that the car was tuned. This was true a few years ago, but the newer ECM's now store data that tells the service person that the ECM was changed (tuned), so setting the stock tune back no longer "hides" this. Some folks have said their local Ford service center maintains the warranty even with a tune, others have stated they have been denied warranty claims because of a tune.

Second, go to some weekend gatherings, and see if you can find a car with the same exhaust (or close) to what you are thinking of buying. Listening first hand is much better than audio clips online. You're planning on a large chunk of money; make sure it's what you want!

2011 Mustang; CAI, GT/CS/Boss front bumper cover/lower valance/splitter, GT front rotor upgrade, MPT 93 tune.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #5

florio11 is unknown around these parts
Thanks guys really appreciate the fast responces. And i know doing this will skrew around with warranty but im willing too do that not to worried about the warranty part. And back to the whole thing about tunning. If and when i buy the tune from american muscle, do they ask me threw email questions about the tune and my set up? And wat kinda questions are these? Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

And im located in the GTA, ontario, canada. Any members from around here? Would love to come out to these meets!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

AMDanBailer is just getting started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florio11 View Post

Welcome to MustangEvolution and Congratulations on the sweet pick up! Post up some pictures, we'd love to check it out. I see you've already been given some good information. That Borla system is definitely compatible and it will sound sick!

Also like listed above, since you're getting rid of your cat's and running long tubes, a tune is definitely recommended! I would suggest going with the Bama Tuner, our tunes will help pull everything together leading to a big power gain.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Aruiz42 is unknown around these parts
Pictures please I love deep impact blue
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Gthamilton is unknown around these parts
I have the borla atak and wouldn't spen a dime on any other exhaust just my personal opinion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust