exhaust alignment- need help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Son_of_Zeus is unknown around these parts
exhaust alignment- need help!!

alright guys so today i installed the borla s-type on my 2013 v6 (i will post a before and after sound clip this weekend) and it sounds amazing. the only problem was when I was installing it, it began to get dark and was raining , so after installing them, i realized that the passangers side exhaust was lower than the drivers side. is there some way i could realign them without having to take out the whole axelback?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Staff
Regular

Venomouz831 is unknown around these parts
Try to move it around? Unless I see what is wrong I can't really help you.. Pics? It's quick to take it off so why not get it right

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah you're probably right. I'm just going to take it off and redo it. The hardest part was taking off the stock ones anyways

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

by the way, just out of curiosity, is it necessary to tighten to 32-35 ft lbs? like what could go wrong if one were to just tighten it until it was tight? ( i tightened using the torque wrench just curious)
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Charlie_santos is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Zeus View Post
alright guys so today i installed the borla s-type on my 2013 v6 (i will post a before and after sound clip this weekend) and it sounds amazing. the only problem was when I was installing it, it began to get dark and was raining , so after installing them, i realized that the passangers side exhaust was lower than the drivers side. is there some way i could realign them without having to take out the whole axelback?
Adjust the catback piping a fellow member said that works great and another member did it and it worked great for him
Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
The moral majority is neither
Admin

bucko is just getting started.
Simply loosen all the clamps on that side, then move the pipe(s) to get the proper alignment, then tighten everything up.

2011 Mustang; CAI, GT/CS/Boss front bumper cover/lower valance/splitter, GT front rotor upgrade, MPT 93 tune.
bucko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Alright so I completely removed my drivers side exhaust that was hanging too low and reinstalled it... Still to low. I tried playing with the hinges for about 25 min, I even took of the back rubber isolator holder system (the one closest to the tips) and slid the hinge into the rubber isolator and reinstalled the ribera isolator system to the car in a position to make it higher up... Still too low -_- so after it begun to get dark and cold, I just connected it and left it as it was. It is almost as if the passenger's side tube connecting to the axel back is at a different position / length than the drivers side causing it to be lower... I don't know, I am just frustrated. Any help/ideas would be very helpful. As it stands, this is what it looks like (left side is drivers side, right side is passenger's side)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130109_181122.png
Views:	64
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	84923
Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Rubber* not ribera
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The passenger's side was too low. Not the driver's. excuse all the errors haha
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Charlie_santos is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Alright so I completely removed my drivers side exhaust that was hanging too low and reinstalled it... Still to low. I tried playing with the hinges for about 25 min, I even took of the back rubber isolator holder system (the one closest to the tips) and slid the hinge into the rubber isolator and reinstalled the ribera isolator system to the car in a position to make it higher up... Still too low -_- so after it begun to get dark and cold, I just connected it and left it as it was. It is almost as if the passenger's side tube connecting to the axel back is at a different position / length than the drivers side causing it to be lower... I don't know, I am just frustrated. Any help/ideas would be very helpful. As it stands, this is what it looks like (left side is drivers side, right side is passenger's side)
Easy fix weld on an extra hanger to force it in the spot u want it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3204267628.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	429.1 KB
ID:	84925   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1234412163.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	413.7 KB
ID:	84926  

Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

WhoDat is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Looking at your pics, the chamber seems like it's in the same position as the driver side. It almost seems like it's just the exhaust tip that's crooked. Maybe I'm just seeing things. Did you try loosening the overaxle pipe where it connects to the mid pipe like Charlie_santos mentioned?
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, DMC adjustable LCAs,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I see what you mean... I don't know if it was just a weird camera angle that made it look like that or what. I will check tomorrow. And im not too familiar with exhaust systems so which one is the cat back part I should try adjusting?

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I mean over axel pipe / mid pipe connection
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

WhoDat is unknown around these parts

On the left side of the pic is your overaxle pipes, aptly named because they go over the rear axle haha. The clamps in the center of the pic is where they connect to the mid pipe, usually called an h-pipe or x-pipe depending on the design. Loosen that clamp and you should be able to adjust your overaxle pipes which might help you get your axlebacks aligned.

Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, DMC adjustable LCAs,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust