Best mufflers for headers & o/r x pipe! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Best mufflers for headers & o/r x pipe!

Looking into getting my full exhaust done! Any advice on what mufflers to go with the bbk headers & o/r x pipe? I want something loud but not extremely loud & something that sounds good? Any ideas or sound clips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang
Looking into getting my full exhaust done! Any advice on what mufflers to go with the bbk headers & o/r x pipe? I want something loud but not extremely loud & something that sounds good? Any ideas or sound clips?
Utube bassani I love them!!!
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Utube bassani I love them!!!
Def gonna check those out thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
what ever you do dont get something super loud headers will make it sound a lot louder
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schram1 View Post
what ever you do dont get something super loud headers will make it sound a lot louder
Yea I'm trying to look for the best combo. I want the performance upgrade but not the super loud sound! Might go with the stock mufflers or I hear adding resonators will help out a lot!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Yea I'm trying to look for the best combo. I want the performance upgrade but not the super loud sound! Might go with the stock mufflers or I hear adding resonators will help out a lot!
Get the LT but with Catted xpipe. They are high flow catts so same performance as uncatted trust me I've dyno tested it. Get chambered mufflers like GT500 or Bassanni is really good! Or get loud mufflers and add resonators to make them deep and take off rasp and high pitch noise.

That's my setup man
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the sound clip!! I really like how the resonator sounds with it. Where did u get ur resonator??
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Get something that will turn heads. Usually loud and aggressive works, not overly loud to where it sounds like crap though.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Get something that will turn heads. Usually loud and aggressive works, not overly loud to where it sounds like crap though.
Exactly what I'm looking for! Gonna keep going through clips till I find something I love!!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the sound clip!! I really like how the resonator sounds with it. Where did u get ur resonator??
Got them from my friend who removed them from his 5.0 to make his exhaust louder
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Got them from my friend who removed them from his 5.0 to make his exhaust louder
I gotta find me a pair! If you know anyone letting some go pls send them my way!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I gotta find me a pair! If you know anyone letting some go pls send them my way!!
My sister is trying to buy a 5.0 soon so if she gets it she wants the exhaust just a tad bit louder so I told her to remove the resonators so if we get the car ill have an extra pair man!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My sister is trying to buy a 5.0 soon so if she gets it she wants the exhaust just a tad bit louder so I told her to remove the resonators so if we get the car ill have an extra pair man!
Cool if u do get them hit me up ill be more than happy to take them off ur hands!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cool if u do get them hit me up ill be more than happy to take them off ur hands!!
Yea man for sure! They really help make any raspy loud exhaust into a deep loud exhaust I love it. But I want Pypes instead of my Roush Axlebacks. If u know anyone interested lemme know I wanna trade or sell my Roush ones
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea man for sure! They really help make any raspy loud exhaust into a deep loud exhaust I love it. But I want Pypes instead of my Roush Axlebacks. If u know anyone interested lemme know I wanna trade or sell my Roush ones
Yea I'm def gonna go with resonators! I had the pypes catback system on my old 2012 that got totaled..they sound amazing but the fitment was terrible..would suggest a shop instal! I'm trying to decide if I should go with pypes again or roush..how much would u be letting the roush go for?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I'm def gonna go with resonators! I had the pypes catback system on my old 2012 that got totaled..they sound amazing but the fitment was terrible..would suggest a shop instal! I'm trying to decide if I should go with pypes again or roush..how much would u be letting the roush go for?
Exactly enough to buy the pypes hahahaha so 329 I think they were plus shipping which would be around 60-70 I think but the Roush go for 469.99

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:

I must tell you ahead tho. Roush by themselves sound amazing with headers they are crazy loud so ur gna need resonators
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly enough to buy the pypes hahahaha so 329 I think they were plus shipping which would be around 60-70 I think but the Roush go for 469.99

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I must tell you ahead tho. Roush by themselves sound amazing with headers they are crazy loud so ur gna need resonators
And 329 is for the black powder coated pypes I can do the regular ones of need me on the price
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea that's why I'm a little hesitant to go with roush because I eventually wanna do headers/xpipe & hear that's a super loud combo! Def gonna think about it tho I'll let u know when I decide..gonna look at more sound clips! Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote:

And 329 is for the black powder coated pypes I can do the regular ones of need me on the price
Are u looking for something louder with that combo?? I would think that muffler deletes are gona be even louder than roush right?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea that's why I'm a little hesitant to go with roush because I eventually wanna do headers/xpipe & hear that's a super loud combo! Def gonna think about it tho I'll let u know when I decide..gonna look at more sound clips! Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Are u looking for something louder with that combo?? I would think that muffler deletes are gona be even louder than roush right?
Did u see my videos of my car with headers/xpipe with resonators and Roush? And yea I wanna do louder and deeper!!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I saw it!! I love the sound but I'm leaning toward going catless (want the extra hp) so I'm not sure if that's going to be too loud! But I'm leaning toward go roush right now I'm just trying to explore my options. I'm also thinking of doing a full catback instead of just axlebacks.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I saw it!! I love the sound but I'm leaning toward going catless (want the extra hp) so I'm not sure if that's going to be too loud! But I'm leaning toward go roush right now I'm just trying to explore my options. I'm also thinking of doing a full catback instead of just axlebacks.
1. I've dyno'd my car with my xpipe and my friends off road xpipe and there was only a 2-4HP difference because mine is high flow catts

2. The catback isn't really worth it in the end. A friend of mine called AM and they actually talked him out of buying the catback and told him in all honesty it's not worth it. Now when a company out talks themselves out of a sale that's when u know it's legit bro. And if u really wanted a catback just get Axlebacks and go to a muffler shop and have them make it for you. It's half the cost of AM bro. Trust me I did it myself.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

1. I've dyno'd my car with my xpipe and my friends off road xpipe and there was only a 2-4HP difference because mine is high flow catts

2. The catback isn't really worth it in the end. A friend of mine called AM and they actually talked him out of buying the catback and told him in all honesty it's not worth it. Now when a company out talks themselves out of a sale that's when u know it's legit bro. And if u really wanted a catback just get Axlebacks and go to a muffler shop and have them make it for you. It's half the cost of AM bro. Trust me I did it myself.
Well about the catback I've been told the same thing a couple times so I'm guessing its true especially if AM did that! As for the x pipe I'm still leaning toward catless because its cheaper too!! I've just heard too many stories of people putting alot of $$ into their exhaust to get the sound perfect so I wanna do my homework before I start spending! But I'm def leaning toward roush right now!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well about the catback I've been told the same thing a couple times so I'm guessing its true especially if AM did that! As for the x pipe I'm still leaning toward catless because its cheaper too!! I've just heard too many stories of people putting alot of $$ into their exhaust to get the sound perfect so I wanna do my homework before I start spending! But I'm def leaning toward roush right now!!
Cattless and Catted are the same sound and if ur not worried about emmission then I'd go with uncatted for the price!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cattless and Catted are the same sound and if ur not worried about emmission then I'd go with uncatted for the price!
Yea I'm not too worried about emissions more concerned about the sound!! Yea more likely I'm going catless then!! Thanks for all ur help bro!! I'm def going to hit u up when I'm ready to take that roush exhaust off ur hands though!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Also I was going to ask u how the cabin noise was under normal driving??
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I'm not too worried about emissions more concerned about the sound!! Yea more likely I'm going catless then!! Thanks for all ur help bro!! I'm def going to hit u up when I'm ready to take that roush exhaust off ur hands though!
Glad to help man! Just lemme know bro
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Glad to help man! Just lemme know bro
Will do bro thanks!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Also I was going to ask u how the cabin noise was under normal driving??
I have some drone but nothing crazy or annoying I don't notice it over the exhaust haha
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have some drone but nothing crazy or annoying I don't notice it over the exhaust haha
Awesome! I know there has to be some drone but I can stand it if its not too annoying & crazy! Thanks bro!! Ima def hit u up soon about the roush & resonator!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So is it correct to say the high flowing catted x pipe with lt headers is going to be just as loud as the off road x pipe along with the long tube headers.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So is it correct to say the high flowing catted x pipe with lt headers is going to be just as loud as the off road x pipe along with the long tube headers.
Yup my car was just as loud with my Catted mid pipe or off road and a 2-4HP difference nothing major
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup my car was just as loud with my Catted mid pipe or off road and a 2-4HP difference nothing major
Very interesting. I would of thought the catted high flowing x pipe would be less loud than the off road x pipe because of leaving the the cats on.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Very interesting. I would of thought the catted high flowing x pipe would be less loud than the off road x pipe because of leaving the the cats on.
The high flow catts are seriously high flow! They flow so well it's just as good as off road
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The high flow catts are seriously high flow! They flow so well it's just as good as off road
Good to know. There seems to be numerous people that feel the x pipe with the headers are way to loud and obnoxious. Assuming one buys BBK long tube headers you need the shorty x pipe to go with it. Either off road or high flowing x pipe that seems to be the only type of pipe that are made for that set up. It doesn't look like a H pipe set up is a option for the 11 plus v6 models to work with Lt headers
Old 01-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good to know. There seems to be numerous people that feel the x pipe with the headers are way to loud and obnoxious. Assuming one buys BBK long tube headers you need the shorty x pipe to go with it. Either off road or high flowing x pipe that seems to be the only type of pipe that are made for that set up. It doesn't look like a H pipe set up is a option for the 11 plus v6 models to work with Lt headers
You can easily have one custom made?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang