Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Improve TORQUE!

15K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  2013MustangV6 
#1 ·
Anybody got any good ways to improve torque in my 2013 v6 without breaking the bank? Or lack there of...

#6 ·
Lower gear is numerically higher and vice versa. You want to go to a larger number to increase torque and acceleration. Stock is either 2.73 or 3.31 depending on your build. Most go with 3.73s.

#12 ·
I knw it feels like that and in the end It will give him better response than a tb would trust me when I went with 4.10s It felt so much quicker and faster off the start. But thinking a tb will be a better improvement than gears would is just nonsense

#17 ·
Just depends if you drive alot of hwy miles. If so then yes. The gears will make your rpms be higher while going faster. For instance where you used to be at 1700 rpms crusing at 65 down the highway, you would be at 2300 rpms after gears. Thats just a example, no actual numbers. But yes you will lose mpg more than likely.

#18 · (Edited)
Gears are going to get you through your power band quicker. They will make a huge difference. 3:55 gears on your v6 will make a huge improvement. It will feel like you have a different car. Your hitting your power band faster.

Unless you plan on buying way better tires don't go with 3:73 gears. Way to to much gear for the stock tires on the v6. You will just spin like a mad dog. May look cool but if the goal for you to move quicker and forward then I would go with 3:55

#25 ·
I upgraded my stock throttle body with the BBK before the 3.73 gears. Yeah it was an expensive upgrade but it was an easy install. Gears where less expensive but install cost alot.
The throttle body along with a cai made a noticible difference in throttle response. Adding the 3.73 gears topped it all off :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.