Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Lt Headers and piping for our V6's

1K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  The Puma 
#1 · (Edited)
My fellow V6 stangers. This spring hopefully I will have enough funds to to get some much needed upgrades. Besides upgrading the gears I am longing for Long Tube headers. I want to really maximize the throttle response, sound of the car, increase HP and torque. As we all want that.

I am leaning towards getting BBK LT headers with an BBK off road x pipe for my 2011. Based on where I live, yearly emissions testing is not an issue and don't have any. Being that our vehicles are V6 any members here have this set up on there 2011 plus V6. Some people here on the site feel the off road x pipe is way too loud and obnoxious . From what I have been told the catted high flowing X pipe is just as loud as the off road x pipe.

I would imagine a lt headers set with x pipe on a 5.0 is going to sound very different than being on our V6's.

Which set up do you guys and girls have and like best for our 11 plus v6's when it comes to installing long tube headers? Is there a lot of cabin noise when cruising on the highway from the after market x pipe? I want a set up that is going to be loud, turn some heads, sound aggressive but not totally obnoxious and ear piercing. Also, I have Flowmaster axle back force II exhaust on mine.

See less See more
#2 ·
My fellow V6 stangers. This spring hopefully I will have enough funds to to get some much needed upgrades. Besides upgrading the gears I am longing for Long Tube headers. I want to really maximize the throttle response, sound of the car, increase HP and torque. As we all want that.

I am leaning towards getting BBK LT headers with an BBK off road x pipe for my 2011. Based on where I live, yearly emissions testing is not an issue and don't have any. Being that our vehicles are V6 any members here have this set up on there 2011 plus V6. Some people here on the site feel the off road x pipe is way too loud and obnoxious . From what I have been told the catted high flowing X pipe is just as loud as the off road x pipe.

I would imagine a lt headers set with x pipe on a 5.0 is going to sound very different than being on our V6's.

Which set up do you guys and girls have and like best for our 11 plus v6's when it comes to installing long tube headers? Is there a lot of cabin noise when cruising on the highway from the after market x pipe? I want a set up that is going to be loud, turn some heads, sound aggressive but not totally obnoxious and ear piercing. Also, I have Flowmaster axle back force II exhaust on mine.
Get rid of the flows they sound like Tin cans when put with LT. I would personally go with Bassani or Borla Touring bro!

#14 ·
I've only heard the comp series Magnaflow, but its too ricey for me. Not a fan of tuner oriented exhaust on a muscle car. I'm also not a fan of Flowmaster. Kind of fart cannons. Borla, Pypes, Roush, Kooks... All good brands. Stick with the bigger names and not so cheap and you'll be fine. Not trying to be rude, just my opinion. Just don't like tuner products on Pony's or over the top products like Flowmaster. Like I said, I have LT and x pipe, BBK both and stock over the axle tubes and Pypes axle back. Thing sounds mean. I love it.

#20 ·
You got LT's right bro? You're telling me your video on your iPhone sound even close to what it sounds like? I'm calling BS, man. All due respect, but I've heard your s

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Setup. You got BBK and Roush? You got a video bro?

#21 ·
You got LT's right bro? You're telling me your video on your iPhone sound even close to what it sounds like? I'm calling BS, man. All due respect, but I've heard your s

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Setup. You got BBK and Roush? You got a video bro?
Of course it's not gna sound just as good as in person but u said it sounded terrible and it sounds pretty good in video watch my videos if u don't believe me but of course it's not nearly the same.

#24 ·
Its not that videos of the cars are not good but it just doesn't give a complete reality of what the car sounds like inside and out. I think the Flowmaster Axle back Force II exhaust system sounds different when I'm in the car or starting it up compared to the you tube videos I watched and listened too. I think the Flowmasters have a great growl and sounds awesome when open throttle with the pony.

I guess worse case I buy the headers and x pipe and install to my already Flowmasters. If the sound is not appealing to me then sell the exhaust system to someone who has 2011 plus and I then buy another exhaust system that I do like with the headers and x pipe. Either way I got to get headers and x pipe to really maximize the full potential and power of hidden HP and torque that is lost and bogged down from all the emission restrictions. I only paid $400.00 for my axle back Flowmaster exhaust system new. Its about 1.5 years old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.