Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sure wish I HAD A SPARE TIRE!@!!^&$&(%^!

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  NewMtang 
#1 ·
the lil inflator/tire goo gadget in the trunk is cool and everything... But an actual spare tire woulda got my car home tonite.

Somethin in the road sliced the sidewall just enough to make it leak and the sealer couldnt handle the job. Stranded.

Lame.

Oh and its a all time record cold temp in Phx. Awesome. Least the seat warmers are workin

#7 ·
Use this link to obtain the part number for a "spare tire" kit for the 2011 to 2012's that did not come with a spare. Pricy though at $277.00...

I think I read that Ford is no longer making this "kit", but some of the dealer parts departments may still have them, or their local warehouse.

My Shopping Cart | FordParts.com

Otherwise, hit the boneyards and get one from an early Mustang, such as a pre 2011.

#8 ·
First thing I did when I popped the trunk at the dealer and realized there was no spare tire I told
Them I wanted it thrown in the deal. They were gonna give me a whole kit for free.

But after 3 tropes back to the dealer saying they'd have it for me they kept saying they thought they had one but didnt. Got so fed up I looked around Craigslist for a spare and got the spare, got a jack and 4 way lug wrench thrown in the deal too!

Look around Craigslist!! The sealant is S*** and when you use it you have to replace the tire pressure sensor with is well over $100 and you also run the risk of messing your rims up.

#15 · (Edited)
I had to use the "gunk" they provided me as a "spare tire" replacement. I then took the car into the dealer for the tire pressur sensor replacenment. When they presented me with the bill, I kindly told them I was following directions in the owners manual for a flat tire repair. No where does it state that I am responsible for the cost of repair of the tire pressure sensor for using a Ford approved (and provided) method of tire repair device.

After a few minutes of polite conversation, the service manager called the regional manager, and the bill was voided.

I'd suggest to anyone else that they do the same. Unless it's published somewhere that the Ford supplied gunk damages the sensor, and it's at the cost of the owner, I will refuse to pay.

#9 ·
My '13 has a spare. They didn't include with with models with larger GT-style brakes. The spare won't fit over them. So, if you buy a spare, make sure it fits and rotates freely. Don't just chuck it in the trunk!.

#17 ·
my sensor is working just fine after the goo.....

And yes, my car is a PP. I borrowed the spare from my friends '11 v6 vert. It did go on the rear tho so cant say that I checked for brake clearance in the front. ill still grab a spare even if it doesnt fit the front and ill swap front to back if need be in an emergency

#22 ·
thank God the dealer gave me 3 free years of roadside assistance....after that....ill sigh up for AAA.....love the lack of spare tire diet I got, and gives me good spot to stash my detail gear when I go to show....

#24 ·
Spare Tire for 2014 with V6 Perf Package

I know this is an old tread but wanted to put this info somewhere for anyone with a late V6 Performance Package that's looking for a sure fit spare.
Just received my spare today and it fit fine.
Details in attachment.
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire

Hope this helps someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.