Sure wish I HAD A SPARE TIRE!@!!^&$&(%^! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sure wish I HAD A SPARE TIRE!@!!^&$&(%^!

the lil inflator/tire goo gadget in the trunk is cool and everything... But an actual spare tire woulda got my car home tonite.

Somethin in the road sliced the sidewall just enough to make it leak and the sealer couldnt handle the job. Stranded.

Lame.

Oh and its a all time record cold temp in Phx. Awesome. Least the seat warmers are workin
http://youtu.be/FnXY-8iSujY?hd=1
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alludc View Post
the lil inflator/tire goo gadget in the trunk is cool and everything... But an actual spare tire woulda got my car home tonite.

Somethin in the road sliced the sidewall just enough to make it leak and the sealer couldnt handle the job. Stranded.

Lame.

Oh and its a all time record cold temp in Phx. Awesome. Least the seat warmers are workin
That sucks bro
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Lame.

Man that sucks. & to think I was taking my spare tire for granted!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I was lucky enough that my friends 11 vert had one he let me borrow til I can locate a 255/40-19 Goodyear Supercar.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was lucky enough that my friends 11 vert had one he let me borrow til I can locate a 255/40-19 Goodyear Supercar.
At least your friend came through man!! It could have been worse!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Lame.

Im sorry.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Use this link to obtain the part number for a "spare tire" kit for the 2011 to 2012's that did not come with a spare. Pricy though at $277.00...

I think I read that Ford is no longer making this "kit", but some of the dealer parts departments may still have them, or their local warehouse.

My Shopping Cart | FordParts.com

Otherwise, hit the boneyards and get one from an early Mustang, such as a pre 2011.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

First thing I did when I popped the trunk at the dealer and realized there was no spare tire I told
Them I wanted it thrown in the deal. They were gonna give me a whole kit for free.

But after 3 tropes back to the dealer saying they'd have it for me they kept saying they thought they had one but didnt. Got so fed up I looked around Craigslist for a spare and got the spare, got a jack and 4 way lug wrench thrown in the deal too!

Look around Craigslist!! The sealant is S*** and when you use it you have to replace the tire pressure sensor with is well over $100 and you also run the risk of messing your rims up.
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My '13 has a spare. They didn't include with with models with larger GT-style brakes. The spare won't fit over them. So, if you buy a spare, make sure it fits and rotates freely. Don't just chuck it in the trunk!.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
My '13 has a spare. They didn't include with with models with larger GT-style brakes. The spare won't fit over them. So, if you buy a spare, make sure it fits and rotates freely. Don't just chuck it in the trunk!.
Never even thought of this..... The spare I have is a factory spare....

Which models have the larger breaks?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBman

Never even thought of this..... The spare I have is a factory spare....

Which models have the larger breaks?
The performance package.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by alludc

Lame.

How cold was it
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

The performance package.
Dang.... Will have to try out the spare today then!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Is there an 11+ GT spare tire kit that would work on an 11+ V6 PP?
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBman View Post
First thing I did when I popped the trunk at the dealer and realized there was no spare tire I told
Them I wanted it thrown in the deal. They were gonna give me a whole kit for free.

But after 3 tropes back to the dealer saying they'd have it for me they kept saying they thought they had one but didnt. Got so fed up I looked around Craigslist for a spare and got the spare, got a jack and 4 way lug wrench thrown in the deal too!

Look around Craigslist!! The sealant is S*** and when you use it you have to replace the tire pressure sensor with is well over $100 and you also run the risk of messing your rims up.
I had to use the "gunk" they provided me as a "spare tire" replacement. I then took the car into the dealer for the tire pressur sensor replacenment. When they presented me with the bill, I kindly told them I was following directions in the owners manual for a flat tire repair. No where does it state that I am responsible for the cost of repair of the tire pressure sensor for using a Ford approved (and provided) method of tire repair device.

After a few minutes of polite conversation, the service manager called the regional manager, and the bill was voided.

I'd suggest to anyone else that they do the same. Unless it's published somewhere that the Ford supplied gunk damages the sensor, and it's at the cost of the owner, I will refuse to pay.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Witch is why my dad got a spare for it the first week we got the 13 btw putting the goo in the tires voids the warranty
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

my sensor is working just fine after the goo.....

And yes, my car is a PP. I borrowed the spare from my friends '11 v6 vert. It did go on the rear tho so cant say that I checked for brake clearance in the front. ill still grab a spare even if it doesnt fit the front and ill swap front to back if need be in an emergency
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Slime and even fix-a-flat are now listed as TPMS safe.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
my sensor is working just fine after the goo.....

And yes, my car is a PP. I borrowed the spare from my friends '11 v6 vert. It did go on the rear tho so cant say that I checked for brake clearance in the front. ill still grab a spare even if it doesnt fit the front and ill swap front to back if need be in an emergency
It's not the sensor I'm worried about but when you buy tires from sts or anywhere like that they have warranty on the tires In case you get a flat. But if you get a flat and pump the goo in there it voids the warranty.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I had to use the "gunk" they provided me as a "spare tire" replacement. I then took the car into the dealer for the tire pressur sensor replacenment. When they presented me with the bill, I kindly told them I was following directions in the owners manual for a flat tire repair. No where does it state that I am responsible for the cost of repair of the tire pressure sensor for using a Ford approved (and provided) method of tire repair device.

After a few minutes of polite conversation, the service manager called the regional manager, and the bill was voided.

I'd suggest to anyone else that they do the same. Unless it's published somewhere that the Ford supplied gunk damages the sensor, and it's at the cost of the owner, I will refuse to pay.
This is completely true! And exactly what I would have done if they tried to bill me.

But I just want the freedom to know that I can change my damn tire if the whole side wall rips out or Sumthin without waiting on a tow truck and then a new tire and all that mess if I am stuck somewhere outta town.

I have the warranty package that covers a hotel for up to 3 nights and I new tire and all. But I Just want the option to not have to use it if I don't want to.

I like the independence.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
This is completely true! And exactly what I would have done if they tried to bill me.

But I just want the freedom to know that I can change my damn tire if the whole side wall rips out or Sumthin without waiting on a tow truck and then a new tire and all that mess if I am stuck somewhere outta town.

I have the warranty package that covers a hotel for up to 3 nights and I new tire and all. But I Just want the option to not have to use it if I don't want to.

I like the independence.
Which is why (I'll guess) Ford offers a spare tire package to replace the goo and pump setup. Some folks like the "weight free" option for the back, some want a spare tire. Me, I now have a spare tire kit, thanks in part to my son who works at a body collision shop. A totalled Saleen came into the shop; I gained it's spare tire, jack, and lug wrench. I believe in recycling, especially when it's free!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
thank God the dealer gave me 3 free years of roadside assistance....after that....ill sigh up for AAA.....love the lack of spare tire diet I got, and gives me good spot to stash my detail gear when I go to show....

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Which is why (I'll guess) Ford offers a spare tire package to replace the goo and pump setup. Some folks like the "weight free" option for the back, some want a spare tire. Me, I now have a spare tire kit, thanks in part to my son who works at a body collision shop. A totalled Saleen came into the shop; I gained it's spare tire, jack, and lug wrench. I believe in recycling, especially when it's free!
You are right!! They do offer it for around $225.....

Junkyard wanted 50$ for a spare and no tools.

Craigslist 50$ I got spare plus 4 way plus a jack!

Not bad IMO....

I also have the roadside assistance.... But again.. I don't want to rely on it! What I am somewhere that doesn't have service? I often am...
Old 06-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Spare Tire for 2014 with V6 Perf Package

I know this is an old tread but wanted to put this info somewhere for anyone with a late V6 Performance Package that's looking for a sure fit spare.
Just received my spare today and it fit fine.
Details in attachment.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare for V6 PP.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	159443

Hope this helps someone.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Go back to the dealer and ask to speak to the Sales Manager. Tell him you want to speak to the Ford Rep in the area. Or it they don't want to contact him, make a little sign and walk up and down the road, around lunch time.

You will get your spare!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang