Mustang Evolution Forum banner

led bars in 2013 headlights

7K views 48 replies 11 participants last post by  ronnie948 
#1 ·
i wanna change the color of the led bars in the headlights you guys think its possible ? any thoughts how sick it would look :)

#2 ·
Of course it's possible. Worst case, you have to open the lights and solder in LEDs of your choice/color. I've seen people change all the dash/hvac lights by disassembling every part and soldering on the circuit boards. Easy? No. Possible? Definitely.

#7 ·
Blue lights on the front of your car """WOW"""

I'm sure they will look great. I'm really sure the police officer is going to just plain love them. Yep, Blue lights on the front of any car is a Cop's dream come true.

I don't care what state you live in. Using blue lights is not legal at all.

Ronnie

#9 ·
I'm sure they will look great. I'm really sure the police officer is going to just plain love them. Yep, Blue lights on the front of any car is a Cop's dream come true.

I don't care what state you live in. Using blue lights is not legal at all.

Ronnie
They are only illegal if it looks like you are trying to imitate a police car.

As long as they aren't the main headlights you use for driving you should be good.

I have flashing blue lights in my 99 jeep cherokee that I could get in trouble for. They make the whole inside glow blue and pulsate with the bear of the music. And that is something I could get pulled over for.

Not something as trivial as accent lights, especially if they don't look anything like bright blue flashing lights on too of a police car.

#8 ·
Blue and red are illegal here. However, I've seen one guy with the red Camaro halos that are inside the headlight. He doesn't turn them off when he's driving around. I'm curious if he's gotten pulled over yet.

#10 ·
Blue or red lights on the front of any car is a big No-No

DigitalBman said:
They are only illegal if it looks like you are trying to imitate a police car.
Tell that to the Police officer as he is calling a tow truck to haul your beautiful Mustang with the pretty blue lights on the front of it away. They are not allowed and although they look great. They will get you in very serious trouble.

Here in my area they really don't like blue lights under the car while it is moving. I have known of tickets being given for that but I don't think a ticket would even be thought of if the blue lights were on the front of the car.

Ronnie

#12 ·
Well regardless it looks good...., and it's up the person....

But I am aware of my areas local laws.

What I would do for exterior blue lights would be something more along the lines of the ice blue. Not the dark blue that even resembles a cop car.

Anyways..... To the OP, have you Gotton your green lights yet??

#14 ·
Hey Bucko

You said it:
:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

#15 ·
oracle lighting has those that you can change color from the driver's seat. you could have them in green or any LEGAL color until you get to a show...then change to red or blue...or what im saving up for...color shift on slow settings and get to do even more radical things. Going to wire up Slimer with RGB led's for under the car and behind the grille with the same concept. Plenty of possabilites out there

#16 ·
Doing a nice show type lighting- Yes

At a car show it is great to have extreme lighting, Blue, red or any other color always is a show stopper.
******************But********************************

Driving down a public highway with any blue lights showing will get you stopped. If you have blue lights on the front of your car you will probably be impounded which means a nice tow charge as well as the impound fee. If they are blinking you will probably go to jail.

If you have them so you can turn them off it will be up to the cop that stops you. I would not count on him turning you loose with blue lights hooked up on the front of your car though.

Like Bucko said:
It's tough enough for younger drivers out there with Mustangs, Comaros, and other sports cars. Adding stuff like this only adds attention to the police. Is it really worth it?
Why tempt fate??????????????????????????????????

Ronnie

#35 ·
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

The lights inside my jeep could get me pulled over, but they are on a switch I can control.

All I am talking about is a light blue accent light to match the bluish HID's I want one day.

But anyways have you found any lights that are what you are looking for??

I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out! It should look really good with you black and green color scheme!

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

This!!!!

This is sexy!!! That Is great!

Thank you for sharing!

#18 ·
Hi Dozer 13

Any other color then White or amber for the front turn signals is totally illegal in the state of Florida. Red or Amber is for rear turn signals.

A blue dot in the center of a tail light is not legal here in Florida.

Absolutely no Blue lights are Legal at all on your car or Motorcycle in Florida.
I live in Florida and actually read the Florida Drivers Manual. I also know from experience that no blue lights are or ever were allowed in Florida on any vehicle except Police Vehicles.

It's your car and you can do what you want but please inform us when you get your first ticket.

Ronnie

#19 ·
I'm with you on this one Ronnie. Why even risk it. You know there is going to be that one "by the book" cop that is having a bad day. If he doesn't ticket you for the lights he may find some other stupid infringement to get you for. I would personally stick with white or amber... Honestly think it would look just as ba!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Another thing to think about is, it may be legal in your area/state but not in others. One day you may find yourself on a road trip, and come home with a nasty fine.

#20 ·
The big problem with blue lights is:::

If you can not turn them off the police will definitely tow your vehicle away. I sold Motorcycle parts for 27 years and have actually known this has happened more then once to guys coming down to Daytona with small blue lights on the front of their Motorcycles. The cop that stops them is having a bad day or just got a hard on for everybody is not about to give you a break.

Ask the kid with the civic with the fart box what happened when he put blue lights under his car. They impounded his car. Tow charge, impound fee's and the wrath of his Father caused him to remove the lights.

The Motorcycle people that got tickets for blue dot tail lights over one bike week would probably cut the national debt in half.

My advise is do not use blue lights on your vehical If you do decide to put any green or yellow be sure you have a switch to turn them off. Just don't mess with Blue unless it is just for show when you are off the public streets.

Ronnie

#24 ·
^ +1.....ditto there Sanguin.....
thats what im looking for..halos for 13 headlights and foglights with the color change you mentioned. white/ or green while driving, then anything you want sitting still at a show

#26 ·
no dozer...we got you. never seen anyone change those as yet (knock on wood), but im sure someone will have a kit for it....but warning....possible warranty issue there.
But if you're not worried about it...go for it, just heard its a bear taking these lights apart.

would rather send mine to oracle, or a oracle rep (curtin) and get them converted and then shipped back with necessary hardware and switch...

Reactions: dozer 13
#33 ·
Ford (and most other manufacturers) buy these headlight assemblies from companies that use a silicon goo to seal the clear lenses to the buckets. I had an F150 that I wanted to convert it's headlight housings to the "Harley" F150 look; painting the inside black (except for the light refracting area). Placing the F150 headlights in the oven at 300 degrees for about 6 minutes would loosen the silicon enough to gently pry the lenses off. It took 3 reheats in the oven to get them off. Then clean the tracks, paint, reapply the black silicone, install the lenses, then tie wrap/tape the lenses for about two hours, enough for the silicone to set.

I have not heard of anyone doing this yet to their Mustang light assemblies; they are smaller than the F150's, so oven heat and time to bake may be different.

Anyone want to be the first?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.