Well, They finely did it-Adjustable mufflers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Well, They finely did it-Adjustable mufflers

BBK is putting out these mufflers that will adjust the sound level a full 8 decibles.
they will be selling these universals first and then go into production on axlebacks for different cars.

It is a very simple design and should work pretty good.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

BBK is putting out these mufflers that will adjust the sound level a full 8 decibles.
they will be selling these universals first and then go into production on axlebacks for different cars.

It is a very simple design and should work pretty good.

Ronnie
Wow that's pretty cool!! Very interesting!!! Gonna keep an eye out for this!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
oh brother! gonna have to wait til see in person and hear the diff before even thinking about this one....but thanks for sharing Ronnie!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The display was at the Silver Springs all Ford car show

The actual mufflers are about the same design as a Flowmaster with chambers and no packing. How they work is you can screw a cone in or out changing the loudness of the exhaust sound. If you look close at the second picture you can see the cone with the screw that does the adjustment.
A very simple but ingenious design that will probably work very well in the real world.

Ronnie
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This seems to pretty a amazing design.Can't wait
to see the reviews.
sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Any idea what these are selling for? I was going to get some comp 10's but this looks interesting.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I should have asked

I did not think of asking how much they cost. I did ask if they were going to make car specific bolt on mufflers and he did say yes but he did not know when.
These were at the 2011 SEMA show but not at the 2012 show. I'm guessing they had to do some testing and probably some sort of copy protection. I was surprised to see them at the Silver Springs show.
The next time I go by Brothers Performance I will stop and ask about them.
I'm not about to give up my Magnaflow streets for anything.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang