Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Well, They finely did it-Adjustable mufflers

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ronnie948 
#1 · (Edited)

BBK is putting out these mufflers that will adjust the sound level a full 8 decibles.
they will be selling these universals first and then go into production on axlebacks for different cars.

It is a very simple design and should work pretty good.

Ronnie

See less See more
#2 ·
BBK is putting out these mufflers that will adjust the sound level a full 8 decibles.
they will be selling these universals first and then go into production on axlebacks for different cars.

It is a very simple design and should work pretty good.

Ronnie
Wow that's pretty cool!! Very interesting!!! Gonna keep an eye out for this!!!

#3 ·
oh brother! gonna have to wait til see in person and hear the diff before even thinking about this one....but thanks for sharing Ronnie!

#4 ·
The display was at the Silver Springs all Ford car show

The actual mufflers are about the same design as a Flowmaster with chambers and no packing. How they work is you can screw a cone in or out changing the loudness of the exhaust sound. If you look close at the second picture you can see the cone with the screw that does the adjustment.
A very simple but ingenious design that will probably work very well in the real world.

Ronnie

#7 ·
I should have asked

I did not think of asking how much they cost. I did ask if they were going to make car specific bolt on mufflers and he did say yes but he did not know when.
These were at the 2011 SEMA show but not at the 2012 show. I'm guessing they had to do some testing and probably some sort of copy protection. I was surprised to see them at the Silver Springs show.
The next time I go by Brothers Performance I will stop and ask about them.
I'm not about to give up my Magnaflow streets for anything.

Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.