mt-82 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike

I'm doing gears and a tune shorty and I'm not concerned at all about my ds. It's something I might change down the line but it will be for the weight reduction and smoother drive line feel. I still believe that the 20 or so pound difference in weight won't give any real performance value though. At least it will be shiny! Lol
The difference is not near 20 lbs...that is the GT driveshaft that weighs 40+ lbs. The stock V6 shaft weighs around 28 and a new aluminum one is around 18-22 depending on the brand.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Wow.....only a 10lbs difference!? That will make it really hard for me to shell out 700$ on something with next to nothing to gain! When I shift I would sometimes hear the noisey drive line clinking and clacking in which a lot of people pinned on the two piece ds. Roush axel backs....problem solved! Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
The difference is not near 20 lbs...that is the GT driveshaft that weighs 40+ lbs. The stock V6 shaft weighs around 28 and a new aluminum one is around 18-22 depending on the brand.
OMG and it seems the GT shaft has more breakage then the V6, yet somehow the V6 folks are shepherded to obsess about it more than the GT folks. I don't get it?

Edit: OK must have been that stupid video of a dude at 135 with a camcorder in one hand and a foolish hand grip in the other?
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang