Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Whats the best air intake for my v6 2012

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  2011 Kona Blue 
#1 ·
i have been pretty set on the bbk but i had someone say to me today that theres better out there any thoughts that can help me decided?

#12 ·
They are all pretty much the same. Amazon is the place to go. They are all sooo much cheaper. I got a 350$ K&N for only 290. You can check out in my album and I got it just for the looks alone. Plastic is supposed to bleed less heat then metal, but it doesn't make a big enough difference to out weigh how sick it looks haha. My opinion, get what you like for the money. performance is all going to be about the same.

#15 ·
You recommend the JLT, but you regret buying it?

If you go the way of a CAI, buy one that requires a tuner, as the CAI by itself is a waste of money performance wise. On the 3.7.V6, the "non tune required" CAI's flow no better than the stock air box setup.

If you're going after a pretty engine compartment, or want sound when you stomp the drive by wire pedal, then any CAI will do for that.

#16 ·
there is on 2 brands that require a tune steeda and afe if the ones that required a tune were so much better then jlt and c&l would also make versions that require a tune virtually they will all have the same exact gains

#18 ·
Just get a Tune required with a Tuner Combo. It has a larger diameter intake tubing and filter so ur car gets even more air then non tune required so u get better gains from it. If anyone says they're the same then they obviously don't know what they are talking about. Ask any intake dealer they will tell you the same as me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.