Painting Calipers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev View Post

Text me!
Will do. Pm me ur # bro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Dozer..was that plastikote engine enamel..? Car quest just got some. Mine are duplicolor grabber green..but since going to have to redo rears as took a lot of abuse to va and back..that looks way more lime....

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
OH2Freshstang ----I would buy the covers again.

I think the Ford Calipers are the only extremely UGLY thing on the whole car. They are still UGLY even with a coat of paint on them. I would not think twice about getting the covers. I would get black and not red the next time. I like the red but I think black one's would look as good or better with my wheels.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Some better pics with my new wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130119_130152.png
Views:	75
Size:	890.6 KB
ID:	86343   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130119_130204.png
Views:	50
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	86344  

Name:	ForumRunner_20130119_130217.png
Views:	58
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	86345  
formulaDstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulaDstang View Post
Some better pics with my new wheels.
Nice lookin wheels.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I think the Ford Calipers are the only extremely UGLY thing on the whole car. They are still UGLY even with a coat of paint on them. I would not think twice about getting the covers. I would get black and not red the next time. I like the red but I think black one's would look as good or better with my wheels.

Ronnie
Yea I feel the same way..I think the covers look better than painted calipers.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I was asking because I was going to paint them an do covers that way the ugly metal won't peek though
Old 01-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They cover the whole caliper

Nothing shows. I do have 18 inch wheels so I have no problems at all with them fitting. When I installed them I put locktite on the studs and just snugged the nuts down as not to twist off the studs.

I like them because they just about eliminated the brake dust on my wheels. They also look good.
Ronnie
Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Painting them isnt the hard part its prepping thats a pain. I used a wire brush and a ac compresser to blow away the leftover brake dust I diddnt whipe off.
I taped off the rotor, the brake hoses basically everything that you dont want paint to touch.
i just halfway removed the brake caliper and put a piece of cardboard around it.
way less work :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I had more fun than that..never removed them...
Next time I will. But did put a "how to" as was requested by other memebers in my albums attached to my profile for those that want to have a look. More end results on my facebook page 'Pegasus Motorsports and Detailing'......(shameless plug ;P)

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

i just halfway removed the brake caliper and put a piece of cardboard around it.
way less work :p
I just popped it off, resprayed the slash liner matte black and the shocks. Did all the way around the brakes in red. I used a cardboard box
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I just popped it off, resprayed the slash liner matte black and the shocks. Did all the way around the brakes in red. I used a cardboard box
Where are the pics?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Cardboard is a great tool..especially when get free priority mail boxes at post office
I used combo of cardboard, index cards to get under edges, and old t shirts to protect around, above, and behind, and an old car cover to protect car from overspray...

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yea deff go with painting them. No covers
PKSTANG15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Im always afraid the covers will eventually fall off and get crushed while driving.
formulaDstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ain't no way

The way the covers are attached there is no possible way for them to come loose or off. They are very well designed and made of very high quality materials and powder coated.
Ronnie
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Cardboard is a great tool..especially when get free priority mail boxes at post office
I used combo of cardboard, index cards to get under edges, and old t shirts to protect around, above, and behind, and an old car cover to protect car from overspray...
+1
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
Admin

Supporter
Admin

The covers I've seen here so far are cheap looking. Paint them. Anyone can tell a fake cover, as the calipers are supposed to look the part of a working part. Covering them to pass off as a Brembo calipar is obvious. Personally, I think you'll take a lot of criticism with the plastic covers. Very fake looking. Besides, you'll bust them up the first time the pads need replacing.

Your car though.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post

Where are the pics?
Old mustang lol I can find one though for ya

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Im always afraid the covers will eventually fall off and get crushed while driving.
That's my biggest fear as well. Hopefully it won't lock the wheel up. Ahhh!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #55
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Bucko

They ain't plastic and they sure don't say "BREMBO" on them. The covers are very well made and powder coated and look extremely good on the car. The calipers look nice when you paint them. They just don't look so nice after a while when they get dirty. The covers look nice all of the time. I now have a few thousand miles on my red covers and they still look like new. As far as replaceing the pads. The covers will uninstall just as easy as they installed. Then after changing the pads you just put them back on. It's so easy a caveman can do it.

Ronnie
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
They ain't plastic and they sure don't say "BREMBO" on them. The covers are very well made and powder coated and look extremely good on the car. The calipers look nice when you paint them. They just don't look so nice after a while when they get dirty. The covers look nice all of the time. I now have a few thousand miles on my red covers and they still look like new. As far as replaceing the pads. The covers will uninstall just as easy as they installed. Then after changing the pads you just put them back on. It's so easy a caveman can do it.

Ronnie
You know, I really love that these actually add functionality by blocking the dust.... But do you have any kind of build up of the dust?

I have also not seen any high quality ones... At Least not to point of impressing me with the build quality or anything..

Would you mind sharing a link to where you purchased yours?

Thanks!
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

American muscle

I got them from American Muscle, They were expensive but worth it to me.

2010-2013 Mustang Caliper Covers at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I have not removed them so I don't really know how much brake dust has collected if any. It looks like the brake dust just shoots to the ground and not to the wheels.

Ronnie
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I would have to add if u have the money get the covers. As pointed out before, why highlight the ugliest part of your car red, green, white or whatever color. I bought new chrome rims for my 01 GT, and they work great keeping the dust down. Takes just minutes to install or remove.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-392155869.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	86648  
StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang