Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bama Tune Defined?

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  tthompson79 
#1 ·
This may be a noob question but can AM guys elaborate on the differences of the the street, performance and race tunes? Also noticed that with the 93R tune the car started jumping hard from 1st to 2nd gear. Im trying the performance tune for a week or so, just loaded. Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
The guy at Bama said the difference between the three was all about the octane you use and the mods installed on the vehicle. The three are just as they sound. Street, No mods but will help make your car run its best.

l was given a performance tune a few years ago for the upgrades or add ons that l installed on my car which were CAI, exhaust system, Oh my gosh, l can't think what my other two were, something else for my motor! I, have to go to AM for my list.

And Race is for cars that are used at the track using Nitrous (sp) or higher octane and for their add ons. They can explain it better than l.

#4 ·
The guy at Bama said the difference between the three was all about the octane you use and the mods installed on the vehicle. The three are just as they sound. Street, No mods but will help make your car run its best.

l was given a performance tune a few years ago for the upgrades or add ons that l installed on my car which were CAI, exhaust system, Oh my gosh, l can't think what my other two were, something else for my motor! I, have to go to AM for my list.

And Race is for cars that are used at the track using Nitrous (sp) or higher octane and for their add ons. They can explain it better than l.
I could be wrong but I thought the street tune focused its main power from the low end but not much on mid and high range.

The performance tune focused its main power when the car hit its mid range but not much on low or high end.

The race tune focused its main power high end but not so much low ans mid.

Hybrid tune is a DNA mix of the street and race tune combined to unleash a wild a$$ whooping of low, mid and high range of maximum power though out. Non stop power. My opinion the hybrid is the best and most wild tune A.M. produces to date.

#8 ·
How about it Dan or Shane *****

What about getting Mike Wilson do a short post on what each Bama Tune does. It won't take him long and it sure would help a lot of 3.7 V6 owners what to ask for when they place an order.
Ronnie

Reactions: audioAl
#12 ·
FYI Blacked, I find it more enjoyable to come here and discuss things with the other memebers. Second, other than just being an A-hole, do you have something worthwhile to add to this conversation other than being a sarcastic troll? I think i will answer my own question and say no you dont. If you did, you would have in place of post some worthless and rude comment.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Dan thank you very much for this. Would AM be able to come up with a custom, hybrid 93 tune?

#10 ·
Hi Blackedstang

You have a great question here. You are right in your
does anyone read anymore? -_-
If you notice that 98% of us rather ask questions on this forum then do our own research. I think it is because it is much more fun then going to a site and reading about what we want to know.
I hope this answers your question.

I think that is why we all love this forum so much. We can ask questions and get correct answers, wrong answers or just plain opinions. It is a great place to discuss the love of our Mustangs.

We all still read but it is just more fun doing it here.

Ronnie:good:

#13 ·
You have a great question here. You are right in your If you notice that 98% of us rather ask questions on this forum then do our own research. I think it is because it is much more fun then going to a site and reading about what we want to know.
I hope this answers your question.

I think that is why we all love this forum so much. We can ask questions and get correct answers, wrong answers or just plain opinions. It is a great place to discuss the love of our Mustangs.

We all still read but it is just more fun doing it here.

Ronnie:good:
I agree. I'd much rather come to a forum place and ask my questions and get other people's answer or opinion.

#11 ·
tthompson,

I can definitely point you in the right direction. Here's a basic run down of each tune!

• Street (87-93 octane) - The street tune is designed as a daily driver program that focuses on increasing mid-range power. Automatic vehicles are further enhanced by making adjustments to the transmission's shift points and firmness.

• Performance (87-93 octane) - The Performance program is designed to add power at 3000 RPMs and higher, focusing more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. Timing, fuel and throttle response settings are slightly more aggressive than the street tune. This is a great track tune but also works well for daily drivers that are looking for a little more "get up and go" than the street tune. The automatic transmission settings are the same as in the street tune.

• Race (91 - 93 octane) - The race tune will ensure the largest increase in vehicle performance. Using the highest grade of fuel available in your area is mandatory. This file is designed for "Race Use Only", as the timing, fuel, and throttle response settings are very aggressive. It is so aggressive that we do not recommend it for daily driving as it may cause your vehicle to try to jump out from a stop and easily spin the tires. On automatics, we implement entirely new shift points and firmness settings to further enhance the all-out performance of the vehicle.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance.

-Dan

#15 ·
-

Dan thank you very much for this. Would AM be able to come up with a custom, hybrid 93 tune?[/QUOTE]

Hybrid tune. Ask for it in the comments. Combines the best of the street and race to cover the whole power band.

I just loaded a tank if 93 and am going to run it 1/2 way down and then top it off and load the 93h.

Apparently the can give you any tune you want but that may require a phone call and you telling them exactly what you want.

So far i am digging the 87s. Had it a little over a week and no complaints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.