Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Water damage...i think.

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Whitelightning 
#1 ·
So with the week of rain and snow, along with my car sitting in the front yard of my house, I notice when I drive I hear a slosh of water from behind me. Maybe in the quarter panel or trunk area. Anyone ever hear this noise after a good rain?

#6 ·
My jack blew out when I was trying to figure out how it worked. This is more of a fluid in a water bottle. Yet there are no drinks in my car? Also never heard my car slosh around.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Ah no!! If this was happening to mine, I would be freaking out.Do you think it might be coming in around the front window?What about in the doors?If you stop slowly and accelerate, can you still hear it?If so, have someone listen maybe if you try stopping and starting slowly.
If I accelerate or decelerate I hear it. My passengers hear it too. I'm just wondering if its in the fender or quarters. But how could a car get that much rain just from sitting in a front yard.

#3 ·
Ah no!! If this was happening to mine, I would be freaking out.Do you think it might be coming in around the front window?What about in the doors?If you stop slowly and accelerate, can you still hear it?If so, have someone listen maybe if you try stopping and starting slowly.

#11 ·
It is liquid. Sounds like a roll or slosh

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Btw I have no warranty as of summer. So... If I take it in and they find nothing, I have to pay just because they looked in my car's general direction.

#14 ·
Funny how you say this because my dealer in my hometown charged me $350 just to take my car in, say they can't take them off with their computers, and just about wouldn't let me have my car back till I paid it. I haven't taken it to my dealer I purchased the car from though.

#18 ·
Most dealers probably don't actually do the work on glass. They farm it out and then charge you the fee of the shop and tack on some for them. Find a shop thats does windows, they might not even charge you for the inspection fee.

#20 ·
I did some investigating, and it's definitely in the QTR panel the trunk is dry everywhere around the trunk is dry. I don't even know how it's seeping in there. I thought it was my top, but if a coupe is having the same issue, then I suppose it is not the top.

#21 ·
Had the same sound in my wife's 08 focus and today I found the problem. The drivers tail light was full of water! I removed the tail light and it was like bird nest in there! Lol! The trunk drain was full of leaves and junk. Drained,replaced reverse bulb and turn signal. Now it's all good. I drove around and that water splash sound is gone!

#23 ·
Remove the back seat bottom as mentioned in a previous post. If there is water in the rear quarter area, then the rear window (doubtful, as you'd see water on the inner plastic pieces), side quarter windows are leaking.

Also, open each door and move it back and forth. Maybe there's water in the door jambs; it can get through the window rubber scrappers (lower edge) and the lower door drains are plugged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.