Mustang Evolution Forum banner

underdrive pully

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  pwrby4d 
#1 ·
Has anyone swaped theres out for a aftermarket one? Did you feel any "extra" hp?

#5 ·
I have not seen any for the 2010 or 2011 up V6 3.7 yet

I looked at all of the places I have bookmarked and do not see any for the V6
There are one's for the GT's.
Ronnie

#7 ·
I don't think anyone is making them for the V6

I looked at six places so far and can't find any that has them for the 3.7 V6 at all.

I think it is going to be at least another year before the aftermarket really starts making stuff for the 3.7 V6 Mustang motors.

My guess is that they are worried about the rumors that Ford is thinking of dropping the V6 and replacing it with a Turbo four cylinder engine in the Mustang. They won't tool up to make stuff for an engine of limited numbers.

Ford has been known to do stupid things so we just will have to wait and see.

Ronnie

#10 ·
???????????????????????????????????????????

White lightning said:
We have pulleys for the 11-13 engine? I didn't see any on AM last I checked.
Please explain.

Ronnie:confused:

#11 ·
White lightning said:

Please explain.

Ronnie:confused:
I posted this before I read everyone else's comments. Our engines don't have pulleys because I think the ti-vct won't support it. I can't remember where I heard that though. I looked on AM and couldn't find any for the year range.

#12 ·
He basically reaffirmed that they don't exist.

Unless the OP has a '10 with the 4.0? (Why you shouldn't lump '10 with the '11-14 crowd concerning powertrain).

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

TiCVT has nothing to do with pulleys last I checked.

Underdrive pulleys attempt to have you spin items at slower speeds (alt/wp/etc) in order to reduce the hp needed by the engine to run these devices. However, you do suffer reduced performance from those items.

I think most modern engines MIGHT see a 5hp gain, if that. Very minimal.

#13 ·
thanks

No pullys, That explains it.
Ronnie

#14 · (Edited)
The whole front-end accessory drive or FEAD in these cars are different then other v6/v8's of the past, so the engine now uses what Ford calls a stretchy FEAD, with no idlers or tensioners to rob power from the engine, for the air conditioning compressor, a second belt and tensioner to drive all of the other pumps. Because of this system, their is no power robbed from accessories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.