Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Open Element Breather Cap

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Taylorations 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Most replace the oil filler or PCV. Honestly, don't use one unless you're boosted and having to get rid of the PCV system. Otherwise, you're going to get to enjoy the smell of hot oil while driving your car, especially under full throttle.

#6 · (Edited)
Check out the one from CFM. There's replaced your oil fill cap and looks good. The one at AM is the same thing I think but replaces the hose instead of the oil fill cap.

But yea... There really intended for cars with turbo or supercharges because those tend to add to crank case pressure that needs to be vented. You should be fine without one.

If your looking at cheaper upgrades or things to help your car run better look at an oil catch can. They can be had for about $100, look good, and will help your car have a longer and happier life.

#8 ·
Where exactly would this go? I'm not mechanically skilled in any way, and the page on AM doesn't have any pictures or anything. I'm just curious, I might get this, seems like a good deal.

Ford Racing Open Element Mustang Breather Cap (79-13) M-6766-J302 - Free Shipping!
Taylorations,

The Breather Caps replace the PCV System. On an NA car, they're just not 100% necessary, however it won't hurt! They're designed to help vent pressure build up in your crank case.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

#9 ·
Taylorations,

The Breather Caps replace the PCV System. On an NA car, they're just not 100% necessary, however it won't hurt! They're designed to help vent pressure build up in your crank case.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Thanks, I sure will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.