Mustang Evolution Forum banner

After market Fog lights

3K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  Whitelightning 
#1 ·
Okay so I want some fog lights that I can mount Behind my grill. I'm not wanting to spend a buttload of money. I saw a fellow member install some strobe light fogs that are for looks not actually adding visibility like I'm wanting.

Question is, has anyone done this with like autozone or Walmart type fogs? If so how and pics if available would help greatly!

#5 ·
I honestly don't think it would matter that much affecting heat. I have yet to see someone over heat with just fogs block the grill... and we have a lot of airflow.

Anyone know the stock fog light size? It must be around a 4 or 4.5" by my best guess.

#7 ·
Okay so I want some fog lights that I can mount Behind my grill. I'm not wanting to spend a buttload of money. I saw a fellow member install some strobe light fogs that are for looks not actually adding visibility like I'm wanting.

Question is, has anyone done this with like autozone or Walmart type fogs? If so how and pics if available would help greatly!
I see where you got this idea from. Im waiting on insurance :/

#11 ·
Ultrarc or something like that. He's doing a lot of aero mods, including a full body pan.

I'm sure he'll hit 40mpg with a bit of work. Mine, on a flat road cruising at 60mph this summer was hovering right around 35/36mpg.

#32 ·
I'm thinking possibly these??

Vision X Fog Light - JCWhitney
these are cool but if you look at the GT fogs in the grille you can see that they totally fill the grille (top to bottom). You will want some that dont quite fill so much because the space behind the grille is cluttered with the hood latch and some sheet metal. you also need to be aware of the depth of the hidden fogs because you dont have all that much room behind the grille. your best bet is to either find an off road truck or jeep shop and look on there shelf so you can return if they dont fit. Another option is to look at truck stops, if you know truckers then you know they love to strap extra lights to there rig.... especially chrome ones lol

#15 ·
Sanguin said:
Ultrarc or something like that. He's doing a lot of aero mods, including a full body pan.

I'm sure he'll hit 40mpg with a bit of work. Mine, on a flat road cruising at 60mph this summer was hovering right around 35/36mpg.
With the full belly pan on I saved a LOT.

I took a 15 mile trip in the after noon to get blocks. Got low 30 mpg, sunny day with a cold start. Winter, but nice day. Drove back with 450 lbs of brick, like 26. Back the original way, 36 mpg. Home again with another 450 lbs, averaged me 31 mpg since my gauge didn't reset.

That day did my belly pan. Drove the exact same path, except seven hours later, night, cold, with a cold engine. 39.7 mpg with a whiney person, and the heat on. The difference it made was unbelievable. And yea, blocking some intake air is fine. The first time I went to Roush I sealed my front end for aero and I never broke 217 degrees coolant temperature, in summer, 74 mph for almost three hours.

I always forget to record environment temperatures, my apologies.

#38 ·
V6 with roush bumper and GT fogs. I'm going this route except boss valence. The GT fogs I'm gettin either way. But as you can see, they don't block alot of air

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I also want to do what you did with adding the gt bumper or saleen to get gt foglights. Was it alot of money and work? And could you kind of give me a summary please so i can have an idea what im getting myself into. And where did you get the bumpers and grille?
Ok man, I've never done body work on a car an got my v6 bumper off to repair my frame in 15 minutes or so with sockets and a lift in the garage. It's super easy and in my case....4,000 in damages to be replaced. All in all I'd say a good grand to get it done. Least around here as far as parts and nick nacks. You can try eBay but I personally wouldn't. I'm using a body shop to eat my stuff. He just paints it and gives it to me since we have had his business for 10 years. You can get one off late model restoration but just a primed bumper. Ford wants your arms and legs. Take offs are a hit or miss. Body shops can get it cheap and its a certified part.

#35 ·
I paid 200 for the Roush front fascia w/fog lights in black with lower partial grille block and front splitter, including installation at Roush...don't expect that deal lol. Front fascia is 1100 ish, splitter is 200 ish, lower partial grille block was 150 ish.

I already had the stock GT fogs, they put it in with it for me.

I believe Roush charges 99/hour for labor. All of my work has been done by them. I love my car. I think it looks mean the icing on top is lower aero, so I use less fuel and make better use of my power. Win win. Going from v6 fascia to v8 drops CD by about 7%, let alone the Roush and other aero mods.

#36 ·
I paid 200 for the Roush front fascia w/fog lights in black with lower partial grille block and front splitter, including installation at Roush...don't expect that deal lol. Front fascia is 1100 ish, splitter is 200 ish, lower partial grille block was 150 ish.

I already had the stock GT fogs, they put it in with it for me.

I believe Roush charges 99/hour for labor. All of my work has been done by them. I love my car. I think it looks mean the icing on top is lower aero, so I use less fuel and make better use of my power. Win win. Going from v6 fascia to v8 drops CD by about 7%, let alone the Roush and other aero mods.
How the f did u get that deal.

#37 ·
Black on Black said:
How the f did u get that deal.
I know a guy there. Yea, they set me up pretty good there. People may call me a Roush fan boy, but theres a reason for it. Plus the people are just cool, like after I take 200 pictures they say don't take pictures of this or this is a prototype/unreleased/concept...but its okay if you already did. Hahaha, I love the place. An industrial wonderland,

#40 ·
I think my shop guy was saying dot or something so it not aftermarket or shady parts. My shop warranties their work. He does mainly classics but also does insurance stuff. If you went trough ford I'm sure you would get a warranty. And oem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.