HELP! My A/C is freakin out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
HELP! My A/C is freakin out

So, im driving to work and reach over to turn down my Air Conditioning. I spin the knob as usual to lower the fan speed and everything just go wacky. my fan go's to full blast on it's own then drops down then up then down. it stoped about 10 seconds later and now I can see two separate temperatures in the top right and left corners of my display. I also lost the outside air temp reading that should have been bottom right. I turned the air back on and it works fine, fan responds as it should, temp controls work, basically everything works as it should minus the random temp's on the top and my missing exterior temp. at no time did this seem to effect any other aspect of my car. I parked at work, turned off the car, pulled the keys out and opened and closed my door to reset everything. started the car back up and everything went back to the way it should be. Only happened this one time but really, what the heck.... any ideas?
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #2

Region: Rhode Island
It has something to do with the heat. I left my car parked at rhe beach all day during this past summer and a similar thing happened. It displayed two temp reading which both said 88 (probably for dual zone climate control equipped cars). I don't think theres anything wrong. Mine hasn't done it since.
jazzyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yea.... thing is, i was driving so the car should not have been all that hot.... then again, i do live in FL. and i think mine showed 88 as well but thats just because it a digital number and an 8 would be full power or full spectrum input. still.... concerning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
So, im driving to work and reach over to turn down my Air Conditioning. I spin the knob as usual to lower the fan speed and everything just go wacky. my fan go's to full blast on it's own then drops down then up then down. it stoped about 10 seconds later and now I can see two separate temperatures in the top right and left corners of my display. I also lost the outside air temp reading that should have been bottom right. I turned the air back on and it works fine, fan responds as it should, temp controls work, basically everything works as it should minus the random temp's on the top and my missing exterior temp. at no time did this seem to effect any other aspect of my car. I parked at work, turned off the car, pulled the keys out and opened and closed my door to reset everything. started the car back up and everything went back to the way it should be. Only happened this one time but really, what the heck.... any ideas?
Oh yea I can actually turn that feature on/off it's a testing feature for ford.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

But how did it just get activated randomly? I know you can screw with stuff if you turn your hazards on and off, I can't remember what it was but I did it on accident while screwing around in the driveway one day. Maybe I just so happened to press buttons in some order that put it test mode? Big thing is, I didn't want it to be a warranty issue cuz I'm tuned.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But how did it just get activated randomly? I know you can screw with stuff if you turn your hazards on and off, I can't remember what it was but I did it on accident while screwing around in the driveway one day. Maybe I just so happened to press buttons in some order that put it test mode? Big thing is, I didn't want it to be a warranty issue cuz I'm tuned.
I can toggle it on/off pressing the defrost and on button
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
hmmmm.....wish they had just put dual climate control in these things...everybody else has it.....
would have been happier though with 2 different heat seatings on my leather seats.....get warm fast..then downright uncomfortable after 3 mins

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is that what ur talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2532801483.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	86946  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, but my exterior temp is not lit up at all....
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Is it under warranty? If so and it happens again, take it in for service.

At my dealership, I get free donuts and coffee while I wait! Plus I can drool over the new Mustangs on the lot.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

yea, it's under warranty but I would have to pull off my exhaust tubes that dump just before the rear axle and put the stock stuff back on. I also have a tune so im kinda up the creek without a paddle...... it is fine now, only did it once so i think im just going to wait it out and see what happens. If it becomes a reoccurring thing I will take it in.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I wouldn't bother with removing any exhaust things. Reflash back to factory tune and take it in when you have to. Play stupid. Stupid people run society and get their way... lol

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I was planning on loading stock then putting at least 50 miles on my car so the ECU takes a fresh reading. That will clear out the specifics of the tune from the computer. It will still show that the ECU was connected to and maybe some other things but the majority of the information is overwritten... thats the way I understand it at least, it was that way with my old Chevy.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was planning on loading stock then putting at least 50 miles on my car so the ECU takes a fresh reading. That will clear out the specifics of the tune from the computer. It will still show that the ECU was connected to and maybe some other things but the majority of the information is overwritten... thats the way I understand it at least, it was that way with my old Chevy.
Our newer ECU's take a digital time stamp of when it was tampered with and with what so they can easily see the tune that was loaded and unloaded easy and when
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

"Im just a dumb kid, whats a tuner?"
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
There is nothing wrong. The system is capable o supporting dual climate control, it's just that our car don't have it.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I wouldn't bother with removing any exhaust things. Reflash back to factory tune and take it in when you have to. Play stupid. Stupid people run society and get their way... lol
Lol. +1
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang