Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My Color, can it be added on to?

13K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  AceMustang 
#1 ·
Is there any way to add on to the My Color? As in add more lights? Or possibly make them flash with the beat of the music?

What kind of lights are specifically used for the My Color, I mean I assume they are multicolor LEDs but what brand... So the colors would match exactly.

#2 ·
exceedingly good question....but I have no answer.....there are a few on here that have been lucky enough to test products for Ford.....hopefully they will shout out here soon enough...
as it is..you have my curiosity up on the subject as well....

#4 ·
Is there any way to add on to the My Color? As in add more lights? Or possibly make them flash with the beat of the music?

What kind of lights are specifically used for the My Color, I mean I assume they are multicolor LEDs but what brand... So the colors would match exactly.
Are you talking about the 13s premium? I also have one and it would be really cool if you could!

#10 ·

Simple answer, no you can't. There is too many things the MyColor is tied into that even ur ECU must be replaced. So ford doesn't do it. You could just take off ur dash and change out the LEDs

#19 ·
Well not only making them beat to the music.... I wasent holding much hope to that.

But being Add more lights to the system is the main thing I would want. Just more accent lights...

That I can control with the my colour system.... Surely it's not that difficult to simply a add more of the same multi colour LEDs.... Problem is just finding the same type and brand I would think.

But again I am no expert.

#11 ·
whats a matter Miller....you didnt get the premium..?
Im sure some one will come out with a kit to add it...if they havent already.
wasnt ordering mine without premium upgrades...just wish the heated seats had a high and low setting....after 3 mins, your buns are cooking...LOL

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

ah hah...there's charlie! I knew you'd have the answer to this! ;)
...even if it wasnt the one that was wanted...sigh

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

how'd you get to be a product tester anyhoo...?

#12 ·
whats a matter Miller....you didnt get the premium..?
Im sure some one will come out with a kit to add it...if they havent already.
wasnt ordering mine without premium upgrades...just wish the heated seats had a high and low setting....after 3 mins, your buns are cooking...LOL
No I didn't :( lol hahaha I'm so jealous .. I want a bum burner .. Haha I thought about getting the light strips from Advance but ill just be uncool and not have lights for now lol I got the tech and performance packages those were the only ones I really wanted :) ... At the time ...

#13 ·
got you....wait..tech package...? you get the nav upgrade..?
that's something I didnt want.....Im still a map reader...besides..the phone has gps just in case I fobar on the way ;)

#16 ·
I think it includes :goes to check: sync, fog lamps, six way power driver seat, auto dimming mirror :) no I didn't get the nav.. I agree I look at the map on my phone haha I eventually find something that's familiar .. I don't mind getting lost :)

#15 ·
If someone could get me the schematics to the my colour system I could probably figure something out but I'm positive it all wires in a manner where you would have to modify each light to beat to the music..and as for colours that's the name...my colour its tricky but you can make your own...but they all looked washed out compared to stock colours. I wish the red looked more red.. its pretty pink.

As for seat warmers I'm glad I store my stang in winter I hate the switches for its seat heaters....every time you start the car you have to press the button. My winter car...a 99 Infiniti has the switches that allow two heat modes and you can leave the switch activated so then when you turn the car on and off it stays on

#20 ·
Well considering you are sending rbg values from the steering wheel it isn't so simple to just add lights unless you want to keep one colour and try to match it to the colour you set on the system for the stock lights. Maybe if you find spare my colour lights and rigged those up alongside existing ones in parallel you might get it working. Where the heck do you need more lights though I think there's enough as it is! Any more and its borderline tacky.

#21 ·
I would really like some lights in the trunk that match the other lights... But what I really wanna do is add another light to the opposite side of each footwell opposite the light that is already there I mean, and make it so there is simply more light from more angles.

My ultimate goal is simply more light.... Not necessarily that much brighter, but what I want is to not have a shadow on the legs in the footwell from The light shining from only one direction.

I know it seems dumb prolly. But to me it would make it look a higher quality. It will look like the whole thing is glowing. And you won't be able to tell where the light is coming from when you are just sitting there.

And here is another off the wall question.... Does anybody every get frustrated there is only two cup holders? Or that they are right in front of the shifter for manual people like myself?

#22 · (Edited)
I turned off the color to the cockpit area of the car; wife said it felt as if she was riding in a strip joint!

I do however change the dash cluster color every once in awhile; currently I'm using the ice blue with purple outer ring. Last month it was red.

Hmm....decisions, decisions.

#26 ·
I lovvve the cup holders......its one of the first things I loved about thebibterior...for my long road trips I can fit a medium tim Horton's coffee and its flush with the top so it doesn't interfere with my shifting at all. But then in the u.s your mediums are our larges lol and I never really have more than two people in car so I wouldn't need more holders

#28 ·
hmph....I just coffe when I get to work. I keep a water bottle on the pass seat in case I get thirsty. bad spot for the holders and definitely not deep enough......
Curtin...never answered the question...baking the lights...whats that do to the clear plastic..?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

damn...fireball and typing dont mix..."get coffee"

#30 ·
oh im sure of that......sigh
sure I cant just send them and the fogs to you and pay you to do the honors..? dont think im brave enough...and you def sound like you've got experience in this matter ;)

#32 ·
Cool! sounds good....get me a total work up with the color shift for both fogs and headlights....and we can go from there. message me with it or facebook thru my business..."Pegasus Motorsports and Detailing"... gives you business and gives me something else to make jaws drop from my ride...heh heh

#38 ·
Whitelightning said:
A option that can allow for lights of the 7 basic colors in your doors, gauges, floorboard and back seats. Kinda cool for personality. Also the door jams can be colored
Its only 7 options? I thought it was a crazy amount, like 100+.

#41 ·
Kinda. I have yet to make yellow. Not that I like yellow lights, just was curious lol

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

That seems like a pretty cool feature. Except I would find one color I like and never change it lol
That's what I've done. The gauges turn red if something is bad. Gas hits near empty, gauge is red. Tach turns red and red line. Battery if left on accessory too long. Kinda cool but has to be any color but red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.